Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

South Park: The Game (360 & PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-14, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: South Park: The Game (360 & PS3)

Originally Posted by Deftones
just beat it. the ending is a bit lackluster, but the journey there was fucking awesome. loved every second of this game. i really hope they make another game like this.

i missed some friends apparently and didn't finish 2 quests.
There's no going back after the main quest ends? Do you get warned before entering the end quest?
Old 03-07-14, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

you can go back and finish those quests. unfortunately, you don't get any achievements for finishing all the quests.
Old 03-07-14, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wrapped it up and was able to do everything. Took right about 15 hours as some people foretold. But for me it was worth every penny. Great stuff.
Old 03-07-14, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
There's no going back after the main quest ends? Do you get warned before entering the end quest?
You can continue playing after the game ends to find all the friends and collectibles, and finish certain tasks.

However, if you're concerned about getting 100% completion, you need to be paying attention throughout the entire game. Certain things can only be done at a specific point in the story, and if you miss it you have to start a new game (or load a previous save if you have one). There are quite a few missable trophies in this game. I'm on my second play through because I missed a few trophies and it was too late by the time I figured it out. Not a huge deal, the game is very enjoyable.
Old 03-08-14, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

This game is awesome and mind-blowingly in appropriate but I have a couple of minor complaints.
1. There is some very noticeable lag/slowdown in certain areas.
2. There is too much loading in my opinion.
Old 03-08-14, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk God

I only had slow down in one part on xbox.
Old 03-08-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There definitely is some lag but I can deal with it. The game is awesome, so much fun and absolutely hilarious. My wife (who has played all of 3 video games in her entire adult life) wants to play it constantly.
Old 03-09-14, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finished the game last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. However, I hate the fact that you need multiple checklists and a game plan if you want to try and get all of the trophies. There are parts that if you miss a certain item, character or Chinpokomon then you are basically screwed and can't get a particular achievement. You have to either reload an earlier save, if you have one far enough back, or starting all over again. I hate stuff that is missable that you wouldn't even know existed. This is an example:
Spoiler:
I guess one of the police officers in the building gives you a side-mission but if you don't check in the police office during that time you would never even know there is one. Upon completion of that side-mission he becomes one of your friends. So, if you missed that then there is no way to collect all 121 friends needed for one of the trophies.
Old 03-09-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk God

holy shit. 121. i think i only got 97 friends. damn, now i want to know who the hell i missed.

FYI, the idea behind some of those trophies are so that you play the game more than once. there are two specific achievements that it are impossible to get with one play through, and i'd assume there's more like that. the one i'm specifically speaking of is
Spoiler:
there are 2 achievements for selling or lack of selling items. one is not selling any items at all during the game (something jew achievement) and the other is selling $50.00 worth of items. you can't get both for one playthough.
Old 03-09-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
holy shit. 121. i think i only got 97 friends. damn, now i want to know who the hell i missed.

FYI, the idea behind some of those trophies are so that you play the game more than once. there are two specific achievements that it are impossible to get with one play through, and i'd assume there's more like that. the one i'm specifically speaking of is
Spoiler:
there are 2 achievements for selling or lack of selling items. one is not selling any items at all during the game (something jew achievement) and the other is selling $50.00 worth of items. you can't get both for one playthough.
Actually, you can get both as I did get both of those in one playthrough.

Spoiler:
Don't sell anything until wrapping up the main storyline. After that trophy pops go to Ned's and sell away until the other trophy pops. This was actually one of the easier ones. Now, beating Kenny while looking like David Hasselhoff and having Dire AIDS is going to be a bitch.
Old 03-09-14, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Actually, you can get both as I did get both of those in one playthrough.

Spoiler:
Don't sell anything until wrapping up the main storyline. After that trophy pops go to Ned's and sell away until the other trophy pops. This was actually one of the easier ones. Now, beating Kenny while looking like David Hasselhoff and having Dire AIDS is going to be a bitch.
ah shit, i didn't think about that. good call.
Spoiler:
i had dire aids, but i had no clue about the david hasselhoff thing until later after i beat it.
Old 03-09-14, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Such a great script and design from South Park Studios... god, the final Gnome battle, then to be trumped by the clinic. That said, it really gets a ton of points off in how buggy it can be.

There needed to be a little more direction on the equipment patches used (I was 60% through before I noticed how they worked). I gave up on the Chinpokomons after I realized I missed too many that I couldn't get back to. Friends: it would have been nice to know how many you could get I was around 90-some odd. Did finish all the side-quests, though.

The lag was there, almost exclusively in town when running, but especially near City Wok.

Major issues for me (PS3):
  • Early on, a couple battles wouldn't end even though the enemies were cleared (gone not just stunned).
  • Had to do the Canada section twice. After the first time, the rats reappeared and couldn't get back to the farm. There was no way to fart them away from the Canada side.
  • After the Clyde and his clones battle, the game went to black and then after five or six minutes loaded the game credits skipping the last two sections of the game. (Apparently this is common bug.)
  • Animation stalled during the third portion of the nuke segment.

Last edited by Adboy151; 03-09-14 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-09-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Well, I got about half-way through the game and was having quite a bit of fun with it, until my 360 suddenly decided not to read the disc anymore. No reason I can see, as other games load fine and the disc is as clean as it was when I first put it in.
Old 03-09-14, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just wrapped up the 1000 GS. Didn't think I'd manage it all in one playthrough with all the missable stuff, but plenty of backup saves at the right points (and very thorough exploring for collectibles) made it manageable. Great game and not bad at all for a 2-night Redbox rental.
Old 03-09-14, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Just wrapped up the 1000 GS. Didn't think I'd manage it all in one playthrough with all the missable stuff, but plenty of backup saves at the right points (and very thorough exploring for collectibles) made it manageable. Great game and not bad at all for a 2-night Redbox rental.
Congrats! However, doing this all in one playthrough also requires you to somewhat spoil your first playthrough and isn't forgiving at all if you happen to miss certain collecibles, friends or outfits.
Old 03-09-14, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did look at the full list of achievements (including the secret ones) beforehand so that I was prepared and didn't miss anything major. But really, the plot of South Park isn't something I was concerned about spoiling for myself.

I was actually quite surprised that I didn't miss any of the collectibles or sidequests, because I did those on my own.
Old 03-09-14, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I did look at the full list of achievements (including the secret ones) beforehand so that I was prepared and didn't miss anything major. But really, the plot of South Park isn't something I was concerned about spoiling for myself.

I was actually quite surprised that I didn't miss any of the collectibles or sidequests, because I did those on my own.
You were able to find the Woodland Critters on your own without even knowing they were there to be found? Also, some of the other friends were blink and you miss the opportunity to add them.
Old 03-10-14, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found all the weapons and side quests without help, but I definitely needed to look up where some of the friends were. I agree, the Woodland Critters would be near impossible to find by "accident".

It took me 2 playthroughs to get the platinum, but the second round was super easy and only took about 8 hours. I got all the collectibles in my first round, but I missed most of the combat related trophies (gingervitis, re-buttal, etc). Those also have a slim window of opportunity since some of the enemies don't appear anymore after a certain point. Again, that's something you probably wouldn't know without looking it up beforehand.

Last edited by 19K; 03-10-14 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-10-14, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
You were able to find the Woodland Critters on your own without even knowing they were there to be found?
Yes. There is a map at the very beginning of the game (I think it's in Cartman's tent) that you can zoom in on and view up close. It had the directions on it, and I wrote them down without knowing what they meant. Almost forgot about them until I got to the forest, and then remembered to check them and try it. I was a bit surprised, because I thought they would end up being the directions to get out of the place.
Old 03-10-14, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Very glad I rented this from Redbox. It's a fine diversion for The $6-$8 I'll spend on a rental, but had I bought this and spent even $20, let alone $60, I'd be horribly disappointed. At times, it barely feels like a game. Not sure why this wasn't a $20 XBLA title, apart from the notoriety of the license.
Old 03-10-14, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Very glad I rented this from Redbox. It's a fine diversion for The $6-$8 I'll spend on a rental, but had I bought this and spent even $20, let alone $60, I'd be horribly disappointed. At times, it barely feels like a game. Not sure why this wasn't a $20 XBLA title, apart from the notoriety of the license.
Say whaaat?
Old 03-10-14, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I couldn't disagree with this statement more.
Old 03-10-14, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say that's the first negative comment I've seen about this game.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 03-10-14, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk God

yeah, while it is an opinion, it certainly isn't a majority one.
Old 03-10-14, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

At times, it barely feels like a game.
No less than a great majority of JRPGs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.