South Park: The Game (360 & PS3)

Old 12-01-14, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: South Park: The Game (360 & PS3)

Yep, still my GOTY too.
Old 12-01-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My only problem with this game was that it started off too easy, and then a little after the half-way point, it just suddenly got too hard, too hard to even pass. Bosses would kill my party in just two moves. And grinding for hours didn't help either, not to mention grinding was tough as you have to look around for people to fight. It got to be a real pain in the ass.
Old 07-18-16, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

A bit of a lull in new games got me to finally play this after buying it on sale on 360 a while back. Backwards compatibility worked great for this, no major issues at all and ran great.

Anyway, fun game. It certainly felt a little slow to start just wandering around and exploring, and I wish the combat was a little bit better (I was a fighter and basically used the roshambo over and over again to win easily, and a lot of the special abilities and party switching didn't feel very intuitive, also never really felt a need to use those Summons) but boy did the story get entertaining after that first day. Didn't really expect the game to get as raunchy as it did, so that was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure if I care enough to go back and get all the collectibles or try any of the other classes though.

Looking forward to the next game quite a bit now. Even though I don't watch South Park that much anymore, it was great seeing the references and characters that I did know. I like superheroes more then fantasy, so I can't wait
Old 07-18-16, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As a mostly-reformed achievement whore and life-long RPG and turn-based battle fan, I need the next game to not have missable collectables. I loved the first one a whole lot but found it exhausting to play it again with a guide just so I could meet everyone and find all the Chinpokemon in one go.
Old 02-08-19, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I finished the PS4 version of this last night. I really enjoyed it. This was the first game that I have played all the way through in quite some time. I am going to play again sometime on a harder difficulty so I can go back and get the collectibles I missed. I'm definitely buying the next game when it's on sale.
Old 02-08-19, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You mean Fractured But Whole? It's already down to under $20.

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-08-19, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
You mean Fractured But Whole? It's already down to under $20.

https://www.amazon.com/South-Park-Fr...00ZJBSCJQ?th=1
I've seen it cheaper than that. I want to get the Gold Edition Steelbook with the season pass. It's been on sale for $19.99 at Gamestop, but none of my local stores have it...
Old 02-09-19, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I've seen it cheaper than that. I want to get the Gold Edition Steelbook with the season pass. It's been on sale for $19.99 at Gamestop, but none of my local stores have it...
when it was the price, none of my stores had it but I was able to get Best Buy’s website to watch it.
Old 02-09-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was a Black Friday deal but I picked up The Fractured But Whole on Switch for $10 at Walmart.
Old 02-18-19, 05:41 PM

I ended up getting the PS4 Gold Edition for $17.99. It was on sale on the Playstation store and I had a 20% coupon too.