Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-11, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Yeah 25-30 seems unrealistic unless it already know what to do for every step of the game. I haven't had to redo much of anything and I'm at 30 already.
Old 11-29-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Me007gold
There are people on the gamefaqs board claiming to have beat the game in around 25/30 hours. I just dont see how thats possible. Why would you want to beat the game so fast? It took over 5 years for it to come out and to just rush through it like that seems silly. That being said, I should be around 50 hours and
Spoiler:
I just entered the thunderhead to bring the dragon some soup
They use the gamefaqs to get that quick.
Old 11-30-11, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're still in the market for the Gold Remote bundle, it's back in stock again at Amazon and is selling for $69.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Remote-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002I0GEHI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322691932&sr=8-2
Old 12-01-11, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks! Bought the bundle. I don't even have a Wii yet, trying to find one cheap on craigslist....
Old 12-04-11, 10:34 AM

For those of you who have finished the game, I need a little help.

Spoiler:
I am having a serious problem fighting the Demise at the end. The first part of the fight is no problem, but the second part where you are supposed to charge a skyward strike and hit him, I can not get Link to charge the strike. I hold the controller over my head, straight up and Link will not charge the skyward strike. He just stands there and then I get hit by the Demise. Rinse and repeat. I don't know if it's a glitch at the end as I haven't had much problem throughout the game charging the strike, but here at the end it just sits there. Any help?
Old 12-04-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I's just sometimes finicky in the heat of battle. I found that on the
Spoiler:
squid
boss too.
Old 12-05-11, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Binger
For those of you who have finished the game, I need a little help.

Spoiler:
I am having a serious problem fighting the Demise at the end. The first part of the fight is no problem, but the second part where you are supposed to charge a skyward strike and hit him, I can not get Link to charge the strike. I hold the controller over my head, straight up and Link will not charge the skyward strike. He just stands there and then I get hit by the Demise. Rinse and repeat. I don't know if it's a glitch at the end as I haven't had much problem throughout the game charging the strike, but here at the end it just sits there. Any help?
Spoiler:
You can't charge a Skyward Strike because the sky is blocked (or something like that) You just have to do a shield parry and counter attack. Sometimes you can charge your sword with the lightning that strikes down randomly during the fight, but like I said, it's random.
Old 12-24-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

<embed src="http://cdn2.themis-media.com/media/global/movies/player/flowplayer.commercial-3.2.7.swf" flashvars="config=http://www.themis-media.com/videos/config/5148-be23eeee8f9dc0f4e727e13391927736.js%3Fplayer_version%3D2.5%26embed%3D1" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" width="650" height="391" wmode="opaque"></embed>
Old 02-23-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seriously, there's no Ganon or Hyrule at all? Ugh.
Old 10-16-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Played until I got my sword. Then had to go.

Damn, I hate the beginning of Zelda games. Just let me get on with it. (Bought but never played Twilight Princess)
LOL I just started playing, and that's where I got to, too. I was wandering around forever trying to find those **** that stole my bird.
Old 11-04-12, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally finished this today after putting it down in January before the Song of the Hero part. Final boss fight was a bitch - the controls are just awful.

Wasn't the worst Zelda game but I'll never play it again because of the motion controls. I'm all for a challenge but the controls and camera just work against you too much.

If the eventual Wii U Zelda game incorporates motion control they can keep it.
Old 11-05-12, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Finally finished this today after putting it down in January before the Song of the Hero part. Final boss fight was a bitch - the controls are just awful.
Strange, I had no issues at all.
If the eventual Wii U Zelda game incorporates motion control they can keep it.
Nintendo has hinted that the next Zelda won't use motion controls at all. Supposedly a lot of people only played through half of the game, and Nintendo wants as many people as possible to get to the end.
Old 11-05-12, 08:36 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts

The last time I played was a month ago and I'm at the very end fighting the argyle guy (I forget his name)... the controls are wonky, but I'll get through it.

I love the game (except for battles like these).
Old 11-05-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
Nintendo has hinted that the next Zelda won't use motion controls at all. Supposedly a lot of people only played through half of the game, and Nintendo wants as many people as possible to get to the end.
Sounds about right. I gave Twilight Princess about 10 hours and Skyward Sword about 3. 90% of the reason was motion controls, the other 10% (the graphic whore part of me) is that they are just ugly games in an era of HD.

Ironically, I put in 60+ hours into Okami. I had some initial motion problems with that one, but overcame them to enjoy it greatly. Then again, Okami is 10x the Zelda game than any Zelda since Wind Waker.

The Zelda formula is beyond stale at this point. Of course I'm assuming Skyward Sword brought minimal changes to the franchise since the motion prevented me from enjoying it.
Old 11-05-12, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Sounds about right. I gave Twilight Princess about 10 hours and Skyward Sword about 3. 90% of the reason was motion controls, the other 10% (the graphic whore part of me) is that they are just ugly games in an era of HD.

Ironically, I put in 60+ hours into Okami. I had some initial motion problems with that one, but overcame them to enjoy it greatly. Then again, Okami is 10x the Zelda game than any Zelda since Wind Waker.

The Zelda formula is beyond stale at this point. Of course I'm assuming Skyward Sword brought minimal changes to the franchise since the motion prevented me from enjoying it.
What's funny is I finished this one but I didn't get 10% through Twilight Princess. On a 61" DLP, just ugly ugly ugly. I wanted to finish that one too since it seemed more unique that the previous Zeldas. But playing as the wolf + motion controls was just a total deterrent to finishing the game.

My biggest problems with the end battle controls were A) I was holding my sword up the whole frickin' time and at best would get a Skyward Strike charged maybe 35% of the time. And then when it was time for fatal blow it took me about 8 times over two different attempts to finally do it right.

I guess the one big change this time is
Spoiler:
no villain named Ganon or some variation of Ganon.
Old 11-05-12, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Strange, I had no issues at all.
Maybe it was my sensor bar placement - I don't know. The room was fairly dark but with ambient lighting from behind the display. I seriously almost put the Wiimote through my display screen when I died on the first attempt after having tried to the fatal blow 4 times and failed because the controls wouldn't respond to the movement.

There are also a lot of times throughout the game where the camera just readjusts itself to a semi-side view when I've just centered it to prepare for a jump. Needless to say I wind up plummeting after that happens.
Old 11-05-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And then when it was time for fatal blow it took me about 8 times over two different attempts to finally do it right.
I had that same problem, but it was because the damn time to do it in is so short and you have to be a certain distance from him.
Old 11-05-12, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had that same problem, but it was because the damn time to do it in is so short and you have to be a certain distance from him.
I wound up reading you shouldn't even try to do it the first couple of times because he gets up too quick. But after about the 7th time of knocking him down and not completing the move only to die, I was quite forlorn (re:fucking pissed).

I did have fun making it to the bottom of the pit before hand. My arm was tired after that.