Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-17, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

Finally opened Imaginators. I can't believe they lock the class of your creations and then try to bill that in interviews as a feature instead of a straight money grab. I realize there's an exploit to reset but geez.
Old 04-24-17, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

It is absurd that they decided to lock your class to the crystals. Terrible decision.
Old 04-25-17, 10:38 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
So... a few weeks ago I started getting the Superchargers characters after scoring the game for the WiiU for about $25.

Today I learned that TRU has their "in stock" Supercharger figures and vehicles for $2.99 each!

So I got 6 vehicles and 11 characters for a total of $55 shipped.

Saved a ton!!!
Alright, confession time... I've been a bad boy.

Over the last month I have finally acquired all of the characters and vehicles (many variants included).

I was quite frugal and through online deals at several different places, I was able to get 51 characters and vehicles with the WiiU and 3DS version of the games for a grand total of $285 shipped (that's only 36.5% of MSRP).

... and now I've moved onto Trap Team.

Dammit!
Old 04-26-17, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Were you able to get the regular and rare version of Thrillipede without having to order him from an online scalper or overseas? I was able to snag the one and only that I saw at Best Buy this weekend. I looked for that figure for months.
Old 04-26-17, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Were you able to get the regular and rare version of Thrillipede without having to order him from an online scalper or overseas? I was able to snag the one and only that I saw at Best Buy this weekend. I looked for that figure for months.
Nope. Just the Easter version... I'm content with that for now... but if I find a regular one for a decent price, I'll grab it.

My kids are really loving Superchargers... they've been playing it constantly. I can't wait for the semester to be over and then I can sit down and play it with them.
Old 04-28-17, 07:04 PM

TRU has a B1G2 Sale* going on right now (in store and online) and I was able to get quite a few characters, vehicles, and traps for pretty cheap.

In Store
Receipt 1 - 9 Traps (TT) for $18 (7 we didn't have and 2 we already had... couldn't just walk away with 7)
Receipt 2 - Fist Bump (TT), Pop Fizz (TT), and Tread Head (TT) for $10

Order 1 - Knight Mare (TT), Wallop (TT), and Gusto (TT) for $10
Order 2 - Knight Light (TT), Elite Slam Bam (SC), and Elite Zook (SC) for $10

Then at GameStop I was able to snag Sun Seeker (SC), Spatter Splash (SC), and Smash Hit (SC) for $6 each

* Buy 1 Get 2 FREE all Skylanders & Disney Infinity figures & vehicles regularly priced 9.99 (Exclusions apply: Imaginators and Starter Packs)

Edit to add: ... and tonight at Kohl's (where my wife works and get's a 35% discount this weekend, even on premium electronics), I scored an XBox One version of Superchargers for $9.47... just to get the normal Spitfire and Hot Streak (since I got the dark versions with the Wii version and DK with the WiiU version). Yeah, I have a problem... and oh, I almost forgot, I don't have an XBox One.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 04-28-17 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-10-17, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Nope. Just the Easter version... I'm content with that for now... but if I find a regular one for a decent price, I'll grab it.

My kids are really loving Superchargers... they've been playing it constantly. I can't wait for the semester to be over and then I can sit down and play it with them.
I don't know what you call a "decent price" but there are a few available from a MP vendor on Amazon with Prime Shipping for $13.48 each. That's a few $$ less than I paid for one from Amazon.uk (got one for ~$16).

In spite of myself I snagged a few recent "bargains" on some figures.

Enchanted Elven Forest Adventure Pack - $20
Cursed Tiki Temple Adventure Pack - $20 (but this one is DC - bummer. The first level that's not on the disc. Had I fully realized that I might not have made the purchase)
Thumpin' Whumpa Islands Adventure Pack - $15
Barbella - $9

Also picked up the two Easter variants for 20% off each. Not great but not bad either.

I've still not opened the game in spite of having my grandson's XBox 360 at the house for ~4 months. I picked up quite a few classics and we've been playing those instead (Skyrim, Batman - 2 Arkham City and Asylum, Borderlands, Bioshock, Darksiders, Diablo III, and a few others).

Last edited by BobO'Link; 06-10-17 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-10-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I scored an XBox One version of Superchargers for $9.47... just to get the normal Spitfire and Hot Streak (since I got the dark versions with the Wii version and DK with the WiiU version). Yeah, I have a problem... and oh, I almost forgot, I don't have an XBox One.
I've done the same thing. Once with the original Skylanders (Got the XBox 360 version at Sam's for $9 just for the figures), and the XBox 360 Superchargers for exactly the same reason as you - paid $15. Also a WiiU Dark Superchargers just for the "Dark Edition" Spitfire, DK, their vehicles, Dark Stealth Elf, and the Kaos Trophy - and I don't own a WiiU. That one was $30. The Wii version had the regular Stealth Elf and Bowser/Vehicle. So far I've resisted going for the Dark Bowser/Vehicle. I got the Regular DK/Vehicle for $6 so that was OK in spite of the game not being that good on the Wii.
Old 11-19-17, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't know if any of you are still interested.

TRU already put their BR 50% off Imaginators BF sale live. All figures, adventure packs, crystals and starters. At the time of this post they showed to have Lost Imaginite Mines in stock - 50% off. That one's supposedly a limited time exclusive to them.
Old 11-19-17, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my Lost Imaginite Mines in a little over a week ago. That puts a wrap on the Imaginators for me and very likely the series.
Old 11-19-17, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This time out, I've purchased 6 or 7 individual characters, on sale, the level packs, and one crystal for each element.

Part of me wants to get more figures at 50% off but I've still not even opened the starter to check out the game for myself. For a change, I've not purchased anything on release date or for normal price. It's mostly been 40-50% off with a few at 20%. If I complete this set it'll be on sale or not at all and I'm leaning towards not at all.
Old 11-20-17, 07:41 AM

I’m totally skipping Imaginators. No desire whatsoever.
Old 06-15-18, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have got back into Imaginators because Walmart had marked down their clearance prices again in store, so Sensei's are $4, mystery chests are $1, and the Gryphon Park Observatory/Thumpin' Wumpa Islands packs are $6. They also have the Portal owner packs for $7 (although they are $5.99 online), and starter packs were $12 (Switch was $15). It seems as most stores have moved it to a main clearance aisle in the store, although a couple I stopped at this week were still in electronics.

I have picked up 4 Sensei's (most from the last wave that came out.), and about 12 of the mystery chests. I haven't seen any creation crystals (they show $1 price on brickseek, but none in stock around me).

I have been looking online for the adventure packs I don't have. I take it that the Lost Imaginite Mines, and Cursed Tiki Temple did finally get released in the US? All of the prices I can find are 2nd hand ranging from $75-$125 each, were they extremely limited here?

It seems that Five Below supposedly got in some Sensei's $3, Enchanted Elven Forest $5, and some of the starters $5. I will have to check again, but I haven't seen any new Skylanders stuff at my local Five Below since they opened a year ago. The only thing they still had a week ago was a Superchargers 3-pack (that I believe they've had since they opened).
Old 06-17-18, 09:54 AM

My friend let me know that his Sensei's kid is selling off his Skylanders collection. In the bundle (for $150) are:
  • Wii (1st Gen) w/ 2 Wiimotes
  • 30 Wii games
  • 54 Skylanders (from 1-3)
  • ... as well as Disney Infinity and about 8 figures and 15 of those disc thingies

I might jump on it just for the GCN compatible Wii. Decisions, decisions.
Old 06-17-18, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently these things have spiked and since petered out in fad popularity, we see them regularly at the fleas & Goodwills.
If anyone here is into 'em, give me shout!
Old 06-20-18, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Edison
I have got back into Imaginators because Walmart had marked down their clearance prices again in store, so Sensei's are $4, mystery chests are $1, and the Gryphon Park Observatory/Thumpin' Wumpa Islands packs are $6. They also have the Portal owner packs for $7 (although they are $5.99 online), and starter packs were $12 (Switch was $15). It seems as most stores have moved it to a main clearance aisle in the store, although a couple I stopped at this week were still in electronics.

I have picked up 4 Sensei's (most from the last wave that came out.), and about 12 of the mystery chests. I haven't seen any creation crystals (they show $1 price on brickseek, but none in stock around me).

I have been looking online for the adventure packs I don't have. I take it that the Lost Imaginite Mines, and Cursed Tiki Temple did finally get released in the US? All of the prices I can find are 2nd hand ranging from $75-$125 each, were they extremely limited here?

It seems that Five Below supposedly got in some Sensei's $3, Enchanted Elven Forest $5, and some of the starters $5. I will have to check again, but I haven't seen any new Skylanders stuff at my local Five Below since they opened a year ago. The only thing they still had a week ago was a Superchargers 3-pack (that I believe they've had since they opened).
They've been clearanced here too - but they have little to no stock. The only local store with anything is GameStop, who've not yet clearanced their stock. Which also explains why they have some of just about every figure and crystal in stock. About the only thing you can't get here is Kaos or the Jingle Bell Chompy Mage.

WM also has their Lego Dimensions stock on clearance. I'd pretty much avoided that one until then. Between WM and GameStop I've picked up a starter and most of the "needed" expansions/level packs/fun packs for $6-$12 each. At those prices it's worth the purchase just for the bricks.

If you wanted Imaginite Mines or Cursed Tiki Temple you pretty much had to get those on release day. GameStop here had a few of each. I snagged copies from Amazon and considered myself lucky as they went OOS/OOP almost immediately.
Old 06-23-18, 04:09 PM

Went to Five Below and picked up Imaginators for the WiiU and Xbox as well as the Crash Bandicoot/Dr Neo Cortex bundle... all for $15.
Old 06-23-18, 06:20 PM

Went to Five Below and picked up Imaginators for the WiiU and Xbox as well as the Crash Bandicoot/Dr Neo Cortex bundle... all for $15.
I went to another location and picked up the Enchanted Elven Forest (with Master Boom Bloom, Life; an Air Crystal; $5), Blaster-Tron (Light; $3), Master Aurora (Light; $3), Grace Clobber (Water; $3), and Master Tidepool (Water; $3).

They had a half dozen PS4 starters and a WiiU starter, a dozen Crash/Neo sets, and two more Enchanted Elven Forest sets.

There was only one of each Sensei (except for Grave Clobber).

There are three other locations in my city. I’ll have to scope them out.
Old 06-23-18, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I went back by my local Five Below, and they had put out a table of Imaginators. I ended up picking up 5 more sensei's I didn't have.