Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

I had to go into Target the other day and decided to get a price adjustment on the Echo figure I bought last week. I ended up buying one of the Easter minis and a High Five while I was in there.

I went by Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up the Interstellar neopack and swung by the Skylanders section. They had a couple of the light & dark expansion packs on the shelves along with one or two others from the latest wave. I passed on it in hopes of finding one at Best Buy.

After I left WM I ran to Best Buy to get a price adjustment on the Shortcut and Thunderbolt I purchased last week. Took forever but I finally got everything straight. I actually did a return/rebuy as I had a couple of $1 off coupons I completely forgot to use last week when I bought those. First the guy at CS had to make sure that they were on sale by calling someone in that dept. to check. After a few minutes (presumably)the guy he called came up there and just flipped through the paper ad to find the deal. Then he tried to tell me he did not think I could use the coupons, but in the end he pushed them through as Best Buys system seems to reject all manufacture coupons. Walked out paying $17.xx for both Trap Masters.

I also looked around at the Skylanders while I was there and found a ton of Trap Masters(including some of the new wave ones) and a bunch of figures, but they only had High Five out of the new wave of figures. No light or dark expansions to be found. Well I do some searching last night on the BBY to see which of the new wave figures are available to be shipped and I happen to check the expansion packs online and sure enough they show as being available in the same store I just came from. This not the store I normally shop at as it is out of the way, so I don't know whether it is worth ordering and driving the extra or not(It's an hour and a half round trip plus a ton more traffic to deal with). I may check out my local store in the next day or two and hope they are still available at the other store if mine does not have any.

Also of note, Gamestop canceled one of my 3 pack trap packs today. I received one on Monday but got an email today regarding the second pack. I had seen a couple of the same packs at Target last week, but I'm sure they are probably gone by now. Still no luck finding Blackout, Rocky Roll or Spotlight. I know Amazon has them, but I have been hoping to find them in BBY or Target.
Old 04-01-15, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I ran by Target this afternoon and got those Easter Skylanders price adjusted. It took a while as they've apparently changed the process and the CS rep helping me had trouble with it. It all worked out so I'm happy. On the down side they had *zero* new characters. I should have run by BB since it's in the same mall but that store is such a pain to get through (narrow isles full of junk/displays and disorganization in most areas), their updated return policy/proceedure is simply horrible (15 days and they *scan* your DL even if you have a receipt!), and their Skylanders selection is typically poor so I tend to avoid it unless there's a *superb* bargain to be had or a "rare" character reported to be in stock.
Old 04-02-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Posted this in the Video Game Deals Thread this morning, but I figured I would put it here too for those interested.

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Part of Best Buy's Deal of the Day, select Skylanders are on sale plus count towards the B1G1 50% off sale.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category
Old 04-02-15, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got the last set of cards for the Skystones game yesterday. It took 9 boxes to get a full set. My grandson has 3 of the 4 sets (from the dups I got) and doesn't yet know about that last one. I have 3 more boxes of cereal with cards that've not yet been opened. Hopefully another will have the set he needs.
Old 04-02-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Posted this in the Video Game Deals Thread this morning, but I figured I would put it here too for those interested.
The only 2 my grandson is interested in are not available for local pickup (imagine that!). Once again, BB is a fount of disappointment.
Old 04-02-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered two of the minis sets(Hijinx & Eye Small, Drobit & Trigger Snappy). Debating on which(if any) others to get that are on sale today. Gusto & Bushwhack are the only Trap Masters I don't have other than the dark & light ones. Those two sets of minis are the first ones of those I have purchased other than the Easter Power Punch Pet Vac. There are four of the regular figures that are on sale today that I don't have yet. I may order two more of something, just haven't decided on which ones.

Toys R Us is having a sale this Saturday 9am-12pm on the Giants & Swap Force starter sets($14.99 each). Plus a sale on select Giants($3.99) and all Spyro's figures($2.49).
Old 04-04-15, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I went into BB today hoping to find a dark element pack, and was shocked to find this sitting on the shelf.

Spoiler:

I was able to get both element packs as well.
Old 04-04-15, 05:53 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Nice find Edison.
Old 04-04-15, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^^Nice! I never expect to see those specials anywhere. I just assume someone who works for the store would automatically pick them up to scalp.
Old 04-04-15, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Nothing that cool for me, but I was able to pick up Spotlight, Echo and a Light Expansion set today to go along with my son's Blackout and dark trap he previously got. Made his day (and his Easter Basket), that's for sure.
Old 04-05-15, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ran across Rocky Roll and Echo yesterday. Passed on RR and I already have Echo, so no need for that one. I also spotted at least half a dozen each of the light and dark expansion packs at Target, but no go at my local Best Buy. I really want Spotlight and Blackout, but no such luck running across either of those around here.

I know I am pretty behind on the Skylanders game, but I picked up some Spyro's Adv. 3 packs and expansion packs for $5 each at Toys R Us yesterday. They also had 3 packs of Giants figures for $7.99.
Old 04-06-15, 06:44 PM

Hey, does anything about this new PS3/PS Vita/PS4 Castle Defense game Krinkle Krusher look maybe a little bit familiar to anyone?

Spoiler:
Old 04-11-15, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody still looking for a reasonably priced Swap Force Punk Shock?

Amazon MP vendors currently have last year's Spring/Easter edition for $16 (w/Prime Shipping) and the standard package (Europe version?) for $10 (also w/Prime Shipping - several vendors at/near this price). If you'd rather not use Prime there's a MP listing for $13.43 w/Free Shipping - non Prime.
Old 04-12-15, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We played a bit yesterday with Blackout and Spotlight. Wow! Those are two really good characters with great powers and abilities. They'd make far better Trap Masters than Knight Light and Knight Mare.
Old 05-04-15, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There are reports of Trap Master Enigma showing up at Gamestop and TRU stores recently.

Quick question for those who happen to use this. There is an app that I think someone on here posted to keep track of your Skylanders figures online(Skylanders Collection Vault). Is there any way to add the characters/pieces from the expansion packs(ex. Nightmare Express Level Pack) to your collection?

I just recently started using this as I lose track of which figures I have bought and for which game. Just entering the Skylanders world and trying to play catch up with the figure collecting can get confusing.
Old 05-17-15, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon now has the last Trap Master, Enigma, up for pre-order with a May 20th in-stock date. I'm almost excited about this one as it's very cool looking. I hope it looks as good in person as do the product shots.
Old 05-25-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got Enigma in yesterday's parcel delivery (USPS delivers packages on Sunday). It's a very cool looking figure. We've not yet put it on the portal so I don't yet know if gameplay will be as good as the looks.

Amazon also has the final two new Trap Team figures, Fling Kong and Flip Wreck, in stock.

Also available are Kaos Traps, although Amazon is now gouging as well as they are priced $7.99 rather than the MSRP of $5.99 - yes these are sold directly by Amazon at that price.
Old 05-25-15, 07:54 PM

Thanks Bob. My son still needed a Magic Type Trap Master. I was going to get him Blastermind, but this looks way cooler and he's never seen it (he gets excited to find a "rare" one). Will arrive from Amazon in time for his birthday.
Old 05-27-15, 04:24 PM

Rumors are circulating due to a leaked image about the next Skylander game being Skylanders Superchargers and adding vehicles to the mix (like the ones to be found in Lego Dimensions).

Skylanders Superchargers is the name of Activision's 2015 entry in the toys-to-life franchise, according to an apparent leak from professional motocross rider Travis Pastrana.

"Was filming some cool stuff for a new Activision game called Skylanders Superchargers this weekend," said Pastrana in an Instagram post on May 5. The post has since been deleted, but the caption remains visible on the site Twiends.

We've reached out to Skylanders publisher Activision for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive. The company has launched four annual entries in the franchise, starting with Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure in 2011 and continuing with Skylanders Giants, Skylanders Swap Force and Skylanders Trap Team.

Activision announced in February that Trap Team (screenshot above) was one of the five bestselling games of 2014.
This link has an image to a new character (it looks like a 3D printed prototype: http://www.thegamingpixelshow.com/sk...superchargers/
Old 05-27-15, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I took advantage of the current BB sale offering a free Volcanic Eruptor with a Skylanders Trap Team purchase by picking up the Bradygames Trap Team Players Guide for *$5* ($5.41 w/tax) and got a free Volcanic Eruptor with the purchase. Cool! My grandson is happy 'cause he has a guide he can take home and devour - I'm happy 'cause I got the figure (he already has one with his DS Swap Force set). Both for next to nothing!
Old 06-03-15, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got an email from Toysrus about preordering that Skylanders Superchargers thing, coming out in September. Seems too soon for another completely new Skylanders game with all new figures/vehicles to sink tons of money in. Think they are milking the cow a bit too fast now. I don't even think all the Trap Team figures are out yet are they?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=65499036
Old 06-03-15, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jeraden
Just got an email from Toysrus about preordering that Skylanders Superchargers thing, coming out in September. Seems too soon for another completely new Skylanders game with all new figures/vehicles to sink tons of money in. Think they are milking the cow a bit too fast now. I don't even think all the Trap Team figures are out yet are they?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=65499036
Every October since 2011, a Skylanders Game has been released... so the timing is nothing new.

... and yes, I think that all of the Trap Team figures have been released.

Glad I sat out this last go 'round and will sit out the next one too.

Too much, too often.
Old 06-03-15, 08:28 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ta-fub2dbhI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12 minutes of footage and chatting about the new game:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P9sFmWPC6Jk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In a nutshell:

- Starter Pack - 2 figures, 1 vehicle, portal, game - $75 MSRP
- 20 new Superchargers characters (two per element; 10 retooled characters, 10 new characters) - $13 MSRP
- 20 new Vehicles (two per element) - $15 MSRP
- New portal... But it's not required

This is the best, most comprehensive article on the new game:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/3/8715...arious-visions

Last edited by Goldberg74; 06-03-15 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-03-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Looks like less of a Skylanders game and more of a vehicle/racing game. Where is the Skylanders combat going to happen if you are racing around in a car or underwater in a sub? Yes, I know that other games had transportation parts with combat but they were only a portion of the game and you didn't have to buy shelf space sucking vehicles to play those parts.
Old 06-03-15, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Looks like less of a Skylanders game and more of a vehicle/racing game. Where is the Skylanders combat going to happen if you are racing around in a car or underwater in a sub? Yes, I know that other games had transportation parts with combat but they were only a portion of the game and you didn't have to buy shelf space sucking vehicles to play those parts.
My fav of the genre...

The Adventures of Bayou Billy

"Bayou Billy box" by Source. Licensed under Fair use via Wikipedia.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.