Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

I needed 8 free. I have an older console with only a ~20GB HDD, so I had to clear out some old game saves. I had no idea Fallout and games like that had such large save files - up to a few GB!
Old 09-26-13, 03:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah, Fallout basically saves the state of the entire world, so the more you see and do, the bigger that save gets.
Old 09-26-13, 03:26 PM
Former Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

This game is definitely big but not as big as their "RDR, San Andreas, and IV combined" claim. I don't think it's as big as Skyrim either, but very hard to tell when you're on horseback in one and a muscle car in another

This game is still crazy good and everything that GTA IV should have been. IV now feels like a tech demo for current gen technology, it's so bland in comparison
Old 09-26-13, 03:27 PM

Decided to browse the Snapmatic gallery now that it's working. You guys sure have a thing for corpse penises.
Old 09-26-13, 03:30 PM

Eh, still think the car damage sucks compared to 4. Honestly it's so bad I think they should fix it in a patch. Maybe it was a performance issue? I prefer the driving in 4 as well, but I guess they struck a nice balance.

The other thing I've noticed is civilian behavior seemed more logical in 4. If you crashed into someone's car they would often stop, and sometimes get out. Now they don't even care, and drive away right off the bat.

Not big issues, but they do make the world feel more artificial IMO.
Old 09-26-13, 03:30 PM
Former Member

Anyone know what the "Miscellanous" part of 100% completion consists of?

Also the phone checklist seems to differ from the 100% completion checklist. For example, 100% completion only requires like 14 random events, while the phone list requires something crazy like 60
Old 09-26-13, 03:34 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
Eh, still think the car damage sucks compared to 4. Honestly it's so bad I think they should fix it in a patch. Maybe it was a performance issue? I prefer the driving in 4 as well, but I guess they struck a nice balance.

The other thing I've noticed is civilian behavior seemed more logical in 4. If you crashed into someone's car they would often stop, and sometimes get out. Now they don't even care, and drive away right off the bat.

All of that is trivial to me when I consider how vastly improved the mission variety and creativity is. I like both IV's and V's driving for different reasons, but the roads are so much less congested in V which is better

It goes back to what I said about IV seeming like a tech demo. Technically impressive and nice to look at, but how much does a person stepping out of their car aid gameplay? Not that much imo.
Old 09-26-13, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yes, you're required to install from the first disc. About 6gb is required.
ugh.

My only current working 360 is a 4gb model.

Can you use any old USB stick for it, or does it have to be a special microsoft one?

Thanks again.
Old 09-26-13, 03:53 PM

Not in my experience. I'd just started a mission when I approached a crowded intersection, slightly bumping the car in front of me. Reached over to get grab my drink during the pause in action, then turned back to find the guy had leaped out of his care and was yanking me out of mine. Threw my ass on the ground. So I took a swing to clear him off so I could drive away. Except I was, unfortunately, stopped right in front of a police station. So that slight bump at the beginning of a mission turned into a high-speed chase through downtown.
Old 09-26-13, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dan30oly
ugh.

My only current working 360 is a 4gb model.

Can you use any old USB stick for it, or does it have to be a special microsoft one?

Thanks again.
Any USB stick after your Xbox formats it. That's what I did.
Old 09-26-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
If you pick up hitchhikers as Trevor the option comes up to deliver them to the cult.
I tried to take up some prostitutes but they literally bail out of the car once you start heading up into the mountains. I did....

Spoiler:
take a drunk couple up there after they finished getting it on in the car I was driving them in. I was forced at gunpoint into the camp and ended up killing every last cult member and collecting 50,000 dollars to boot. Watch out for the franks and beans!
Old 09-26-13, 04:13 PM

Do use a fast USB stick. Slower ones will work, but you'll get a warning and the performance will not be great.
Old 09-26-13, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hrmm I have not found that to be true, sometimes they get out, other times they drive off. It is really random.
Old 09-26-13, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

The reactions seem to be evenly split between:

1. Incessantly ramming your car
2. Insulting you and driving off
3. Getting out and attacking you

On the USB note, I have Disc 1 installed to my hard drive and Disc 2 installed to a USB drive. So far I've only noticed once where a trash can and newspaper box appeared out of nowhere. The only other weird glitch I've had was after exiting an interior location and I seemed to be stuck in In-Between World until I climbed around a bit and got back inside. Everything was on the same level as Doom, graphically. It's possible that was just from overheating, though. I had been playing for a looooooong time.
Old 09-26-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by atrium
This game is definitely big but not as big as their "RDR, San Andreas, and IV combined" claim. I don't think it's as big as Skyrim either, but very hard to tell when you're on horseback in one and a muscle car in another

This game is still crazy good and everything that GTA IV should have been. IV now feels like a tech demo for current gen technology, it's so bland in comparison
It's just as big as they claimed. It may look small, but like you said, you're not on a horse. Ride a bicycle and see if it seems smaller to you. If you're in a car, or plane/chopper, it seems smaller.

Car damage seems fine to me, and better than IV. I rear ended a car and he swerved and hit a tree and exploded. I've had people pull me out of cars for hitting them, for insulting them, for cutting them off, and for trying to steal their car.

My only complaint is the one that seems universal:

Getting one and two stars is way too easy. I saw somewhere someone said he shot a gun equipped with a suppressor while alone out in the middle of the ocean and he got a one star rating.

It's pretty ridiculous.
Old 09-26-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Awesome selfie

Old 09-26-13, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atrium
Anyone know what the "Miscellanous" part of 100% completion consists of?

Also the phone checklist seems to differ from the 100% completion checklist. For example, 100% completion only requires like 14 random events, while the phone list requires something crazy like 60
You can view the requirements, including which ones you've already completed and which ones are required for 100%, at the Rockstar Social Club.
Old 09-26-13, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Finished the game last night and felt it ended with.a whimper. Last
Old 09-26-13, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Decided to browse the Snapmatic gallery now that it's working. You guys sure have a thing for corpse penises.
Spoiler:

One of my rides.
Spoiler:
Old 09-26-13, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My stupid custom license plate has still not shown up.

As for photos, I think I took a selfie on the Hollywood sign and then took one of the back of an armored car that I stole and unloaded hundreds of rounds into the doors and they never opened. I finally just left it on the pier and said screw it.
Old 09-26-13, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
My stupid custom license plate has still not shown up.

As for photos, I think I took a selfie on the Hollywood sign and then took one of the back of an armored car that I stole and unloaded hundreds of rounds into the doors and they never opened. I finally just left it on the pier and said screw it.
The best way to do the job with those doors is sticky bombs. put one right on the middle of the doors and they'll open.
Old 09-26-13, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rented this the other day and for some reason just can't get into it. The early missions seem really tedious compared to the prior games (played every non portable GTA since GTA3 including Lost and the Damned or whatever it was and Ballad of Gay Tony). Maybe I'm just a weirdo but not really digging it. Glad I rented it instead of a blind buy.
Old 09-26-13, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
The best way to do the job with those doors is sticky bombs. put one right on the middle of the doors and they'll open.

is that the same for the safes in the Fleeca banks? I haven't been able to open those
Old 09-26-13, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Oh okay. I thought it was some lame comeback, just wasn't sure.
It still was.
Old 09-26-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
My only complaint is the one that seems universal:

Getting one and two stars is way too easy. I saw somewhere someone said he shot a gun equipped with a suppressor while alone out in the middle of the ocean and he got a one star rating.

It's pretty ridiculous.
While it is pretty ridiculous how easy it is to get 1-2 stars, it is even easier to evade the popo

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.