Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Old 08-15-13, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I will buy this game TWICE! I'll get it now for PS3 and when it comes out for the PS4.
And that is one of the main reasons why this game isn't getting released on next gen consoles at launch. They know a ton of people won't/can't wait and will buy it right away. Then buy it once it's released again on One/PS4. Pretty smart move on their part.
Old 08-16-13, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Music
Why isn't this on the next gen consoles?
Because it will take years to get as many next gen consoles into homes as there are current gen consoles now.
Old 08-16-13, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Make sure you click on the Life Invader button at the bottom.

The political ads are great, but Life Invader is pretty damn good too.
Good catch...it looked so normal on the site I didn't bother clicking on it Got a good laugh out of that.
Old 08-17-13, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

The more i read about GTA Online, I'm getting more and more excited. The underwater stuff they have planned for GTA Online is gonna be awesome.

How GTA Online will 'grow and evolve into its own thing'

Going in, I was skeptical that Rockstar really needed to so prominently tease the reveal of GTA Online, but it feels good to be, on some level, proven wrong; this isn't just more of the same. Speaking to CVG, Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies referred to it "as a different entity, a separate thing, and it'll grow on its own. It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA V. Obviously it's set in the GTA V engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."

The interview itself goes incredibly in-depth, and it's worth a read. The main takeaway is that as crazy as all of this sounds -- we're basically talking the full world of GTA V, but in a persistent online setting -- it's only the start. For instance, underwater areas: "We're not really pushing the underwater side right now, but once we get the first batch of content out -- which is going to be a lot; hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of missions -- then we'll start looking at some other things. Underwater. Getting all the subs going. They're all there, it's all ready to go. And underwater's kind of cool. I think we're going to find that a lot of people like underwater, so I think it's an area that we might utilise in future."

It's slightly disappointing that all of this won't be out in time for launch, but it's intentional -- Rockstar wants to ease players into GTA V. Getting into the content on or after October 1, 2013 when GTA Online goes live will be as simple as changing to a new, fourth (multiplayer) character on the Switch Wheel. "There may be a tiny download, but it'll just be a code," reassures Benzies. "We've just got to figure out how that will work with Sony and Microsoft.

http://www.destructoid.com/how-gta-o...--260115.phtml
Old 08-17-13, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually like the slight delay between release of the game and the launch of Online. GTA V is so big, it's really going to be like moving to a new city, and it's nice they're giving you a chance to explore the city before getting down to the serious business at hand.

I've never been able to play a GTA game at launch before. I played everything, including IV on the PC, and I got my PS3 in 2009, and GTA IV was my first game (and trophy).

Speaking of trophies, the full achievement list for GTA V has been leaked, and there's some interesting little tidbits in there. There's also a lot of online achievements.

GTA V Achievements

The hidden achievements have been leaked as well, which are mostly story related.
Old 08-17-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Clicking on Life Invader didn't do anything but bring up a black screen for me.
Here's the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WLhLbHPCvzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-17-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

One month away!!!
Old 08-17-13, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

R* games quite jerking us around and confirm if you're doing a PC port!
Old 08-18-13, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This wait is driving me crazy. I'm already scheduling time off so I can play this game upon it's release.
Old 08-18-13, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
This wait is driving me crazy. I'm already scheduling time off so I can play this game upon it's release.
One day at a time.
Old 08-21-13, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,028 Likes on 4,116 Posts

Well, New Egg just cancelled my $45 pre-order of this title because it's been a year to the day since I placed it. Sucks, but I still have my Best Buy Gamer Unlocked pre-order that should get me $20 back after purchase.

That deal will still apply even if you're no longer in the paid program when you actually pick up the game, right?
Old 08-21-13, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Well, New Egg just cancelled my $45 pre-order of this title because it's been a year to the day since I placed it. Sucks, but I still have my Best Buy Gamer Unlocked pre-order that should get me $20 back after purchase.

That deal will still apply even if you're no longer in the paid program when you actually pick up the game, right?
I think you have to be a member at time of pickup. You'll still get at least $10 from it though which is not the GCU bonus.
Old 08-21-13, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I can't take off work and expect to have a day with it because that same night I have a psychology class
Old 08-21-13, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tlwizard
I think you have to be a member at time of pickup. You'll still get at least $10 from it though which is not the GCU bonus.
That's correct. You must be a member at the time the game is picked up to get the $20 bonus.
Old 08-21-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

You're pretty cheap for someone who makes six figures a year
Old 08-21-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,028 Likes on 4,116 Posts

Originally Posted by tlwizard
Thanks. I'll probably re-up since it ends up being only a $5 difference for another year. There didn't seem like much point in GCU any more with the end of physical magazines, the loss of the $20 pre-order bonuses and the lameness of the recent coupons. I suppose there's still $5 of value in at least the used game bonus -- maybe.

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
You're pretty cheap for someone who makes six figures a year
Not that I ever discuss my income here, but there's nothing wrong with saving a few bucks on a game that I'll be getting regardless. Especially with all the other video game- related expenses coming down the road this Fall.
Old 08-21-13, 11:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you seen Evil Dead 2 yet?
Old 08-21-13, 11:57 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by nasesco417
Have you seen Evil Dead 2 yet?
No, he's waiting for the $4.99 Blu-ray to drop in price

He's had to have seen it by now.
Old 08-22-13, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...of-necrophilia

ESRB's vivid description

“The game includes depictions of sexual material/activity: implied fellatio and masturbation; various sex acts that the player's character procures from a prostitute—while no nudity is depicted in these sequences, various sexual moaning sounds can be heard. Nudity is present, however, primarily in two settings: a topless lap dance in a strip club and a location that includes male cult members with exposed genitalia in a non-sexual context. Within the game, TV programs and radio ads contain instances of mature humor: myriad sex jokes; depictions of raw sewage and feces on a worker's body; a brief instance of necrophilia (no nudity is depicted).
Old 08-22-13, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your average day in LA
Old 08-22-13, 08:52 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
Sounds like your average day in LA
Come on. Louisiana isn't that bad.
Old 08-22-13, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone else really hoping for a mission where you shoot down red light cameras? You'd be driven around with you sitting in the back of the truck, taking them out as you pass them. In an online or local split-screen co-op mode, one guy could drive the truck while the other shoots.
Old 08-22-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I still don't understand why these games are so anti-nudity.
Old 08-22-13, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
Anyone else really hoping for a mission where you shoot down red light cameras? You'd be driven around with you sitting in the back of the truck, taking them out as you pass them. In an online or local split-screen co-op mode, one guy could drive the truck while the other shoots.
Sounds like something the hillbilly character would do.
Old 08-22-13, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that's what happen down in de bayou of LA.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.