Reload this Page >

Official Dark Souls Support Group - Spoilers Inside

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Dark Souls Support Group - Spoilers Inside

Old 02-09-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 165 Posts
Re: Official Dark Souls Support Group - Spoilers Inside

I'm guessing this is the part in Anor Lando. I died a couple time, but I got lucky by just sprinting as fast as I could and kill that son-of-a-bitch.
Old 02-10-12, 07:42 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56

I'm guessing this is the part in Anor Lando. I died a couple time, but I got lucky by just sprinting as fast as I could and kill that son-of-a-bitch.
yeah, the archers are aggravating, however I didn't find them quite as troublesome as other players have. it is a really simple strategy, it is just a matter of executing it. It takes a little luck as well. My strategy is to equip havel's armor, lightning spear with the wolf ring for poise...then running as fast as I can to the top. go immediately towards the right archer...roll to miss his first arrow. you may get hit once by the other archer behind you, but most of the time I don't. After that first roll, you should be able to get to him before he shoots again. Then hold your shield up and poke at him with the lightning spear. Usually you will knock him off rather than kill him. Sometimes it just doesn't work, he doesn't seem to get knocked back at all and he will kill you or knock you off. The main aggravating part is just the long journey to get back to them to try again. The demon spear guys are so frustrating on NG+

i was pretty pumped last night after beating the Four Kings on NG+ solo. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it without some help. I figured out that I was trying to kill them too fast. You need to dispose of each king quickly before the other arrives, but I was stabbing my halberd too fast and my stamina stayed depleted. Once I slowed down a bit I was able to take them out. Man, your heart really starts going about a mile a minute when this fight starts. I am like "OMG where is the first one coming from...oh there he is...run over to him quick...quick dammit.....stab stab stab...oh sh1t I need to use a flask...stab stab stab...omg why won't the mofo die the other is about to show up....damn i need another flask...stab stab stab...woo hoo that one is dead...holy crap here comes the other etc...."
Old 02-11-12, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Beat the game today . Did have trouble in fighting Gwyn cause he was fast and I died a few time. So, I equip the ring of favor and protection and starting using Crystal Homing Soulmass and finally beat him. Just started on NG+ and I easily beat that first boss with my spell . I'm level 117 and going to stop putting points in vit,int, and endurance and probably put points in dexterity to make my spells faster. Oh, and I beat the Four Kings by using all my powerful spells and I never died once.
Old 02-12-12, 12:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats, good job!
Old 02-12-12, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
...probably put points in dexterity to make my spells faster.
Wow... I was about to tell you that doesn't work, but after doing some research, apparently it does! Let me know if it makes a large enough difference to be worthwhile.
Old 02-12-12, 12:35 PM
wlj

Good to know since i have a new sorcerer character going.
Old 02-13-12, 07:50 AM
wlj

i am having a good time with my new sorcerer character. I have been putting a ton of points into intelligence, so my soul arrows are damn strong. I was thinking that when I got to the Capra Demon that I would have a hell of a tough time due to my very light armor and very low vitality(only added 1 point to this one). Much to my surprise, I beat the Capra my first time going up against him. I couldn't believe it. I am really enjoying playing as a sorcerer, the game feels very fresh since I am playing it in a very different way this time around. Quick question, how does the magic weapon spell work? I can't get it to do anything. I have 30 intelligence so that shouldn't be the problem.
Old 02-13-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to Dark Souls wiki, magic weapon only work on standard weapon on right hand, make sure to put the catalyst in your left hand to use that spell.
Old 02-13-12, 07:34 PM

Yeah, magic weapon just enchants your right hand sword/axe/etc. You can only use it on 'plain' weapons; it won't work on Lightning/Divine/Chaos/Boss/Dragon/etc weapons.

If you had it in mind that it would conjure up a badass sword as I did back in the day, you'll be disappointed.

However, it's still a pretty useful spell at certain times.
Old 02-14-12, 10:45 AM
wlj

I have rung the first bell with my sorcerer and raising my intelligence with every level. I can definitely see that this run through the game will be a cakewalk as a sorcerer once I get some of the stronger soul mass spells.
Old 02-27-12, 09:18 AM
wlj

can you be permanently infected from a gravelord servant? on NG + whenever I enter the Kiln I have black knight phantoms bombard me. I cut the game off and came back to it the next day and i am still infected. am I glitched? I can't survive long enough to look for the gravelord sign. multiple black knights chasing you is a little on the difficult side, especially in NG+
Old 03-01-12, 08:38 AM
wlj

Evidently I am permanently infected by a Gravelord. It has been a week and those phantom black knights still spawn in the Kiln.
Old 03-02-12, 07:47 AM
wlj

well, i think my NG+ character's world is glitched for sure. It has been 1 week since a gravelord servant infected the Kiln, and it is still infected/cursed.

anyone have this issue before? I have tried to make a run to the boss fog door. I am successful until i get to the small bridge over the canyon. There is no way to flip by the black knight and phantom on that bridge...there just isn't enough room. I can't go back and lure them to a bigger area because i have 4 black knights chasing me from behind. I am pretty pissed that this has happened. Holy crap the black knight phantoms are friggin beasts. They are twice as hard and they one hit kill me. I have tried to lure the first two back to the staircase to the shrine. Sometimes the regular black knight will follow me and i can take him out by himself. However, that doesn't always work. Most of the time the regular knight hides behind the super black knight like a pu$$y. At least I can farm titanite chunks from those 2 knights. anyone else had this glitch before? It sucks to have 100 hours into this one character and hit a road block like this.
Old 03-02-12, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I googled it for you () and saw that a couple of people on Gamefaqs reported having the issue a while back, but there was no indication that they ever solved it or that it went away. I looked around on the official forums and didn't see anything either. Maybe try posting here and see if anyone has any suggestions? (The site is a bit weird, you may have to pull down the top area and then go to Menu-->Forums to get to it).
Old 04-02-12, 08:07 AM
wlj

Just wanted to chime in, I am 160 hours in with 6 characters and multiple playthroughs and I am not the least bit tired of this game yet. If I was single and without a kid I would, not that I want to be , I would probably have 500 hours into this damn game. This is definitely my favorite game of all time after 33 years of playing. No other game has ever gotten a hold of me like this one. I certainly hope there is another Souls game in the works. I wish i could play Demon Souls, but i don't have a PS3
Old 04-02-12, 08:15 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
Just wanted to chime in, I am 160 hours in with 6 characters and multiple playthroughs and I am not the least bit tired of this game yet. If I was single and without a kid I would, not that I want to be , I would probably have 500 hours into this damn game. This is definitely my favorite game of all time after 33 years of playing. No other game has ever gotten a hold of me like this one. I certainly hope there is another Souls game in the works. I wish i could play Demon Souls, but i don't have a PS3
I just want to say...Demon Souls is worth picking up a ps3 for...if you think Dark Souls is the best game you have ever played, you will probably like Demon almost as much. I actually think Demon is the better game....
Old 04-02-12, 11:56 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I just want to say...Demon Souls is worth picking up a ps3 for...if you think Dark Souls is the best game you have ever played, you will probably like Demon almost as much. I actually think Demon is the better game....

i will give you my wife's phone number. See if you can convince her to buy me a PS3 for one game. She will hang up on you more than likely.
Old 04-02-12, 01:22 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by wlj
i will give you my wife's phone number.
Old 04-02-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried yet again, and failed yet again, to get into Demon's Souls after loving Dark Souls so much. It just wouldn't happen -- the whole thing felt like a downgraded version after playing the newer title. But mostly because the PS3 controller just does not work for me.
Old 04-02-12, 01:38 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by MoviePage

I tried yet again, and failed yet again, to get into Demon's Souls after loving Dark Souls so much. It just wouldn't happen -- the whole thing felt like a downgraded version after playing the newer title. But mostly because the PS3 controller just does not work for me.
yeah I can see how it might feel like a step back..(I still love the game though).I am seriously thinking about picking up Dark Souls again for my xbox because of the controller...but I already have near 200 hours into the ps3 version...but the game is just that kind of game....
Old 04-02-12, 04:28 PM

I have no problem getting back into Demon's Souls, although Dark Souls is a much more improved experience. The differences aren't that great, but they're just enough to make Dark Souls the better game. If it's your favorite game EVER, you'd probably have no trouble making the minor adjustments to enjoy it just as much. The one thing Demon's has over Dark is the atmosphere; there's just a much larger feeling of death and doom to be had.

I haven't played too much lately since I replaced my PS3 a few months back and haven't transfered my saves over yet, but I still am pretty immersed in the game. The YouTube community for the game is very strong; there are a lot of awesome videos of people doing ridiculous amounts of damage and insane boss kills, like the guy who killed Gywn barehanded.

YouTube user "Epicnamebro" has TONS of Dark Souls / Demon's Souls content up. He's got a great "Lore" series where he pieces together story elements through item descriptions & speculation. It's actually quite stunning just how much lore there is to the game. You just have to look into it a bit yourself to discover it.
Old 04-02-12, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haven't you heard, though? This game has no story!

Old 04-04-12, 07:42 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Poink
The YouTube community for the game is very strong; there are a lot of awesome videos of people doing ridiculous amounts of damage and insane boss kills, like the guy who killed Gywn barehanded.

YouTube user "Epicnamebro" has TONS of Dark Souls / Demon's Souls content up. He's got a great "Lore" series where he pieces together story elements through item descriptions & speculation. It's actually quite stunning just how much lore there is to the game. You just have to look into it a bit yourself to discover it.

i am going to have to check out Epicnamebro sometime. I pretty much consume everything associated with this game.
Old 04-07-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dark Souls Hits PC in August, Has New Bosses
There are reports circulating that the latest issue of German mag PC Action contains not only confirmation that hardcore death simulator Dark Souls is headed to the PC, but that it features "new bosses".

Everything else, though, remains the same. It's apparently slated for an August release, and will be called the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition.

The game's PC release was strongly hinted at last month when it was none-too-subtly teased in Australia's PC Powerplay.

We've contacted Namco Bandai for confirmation, and will update if we hear back.
Old 04-07-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Easy mode Mod!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.