Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Dark Souls Support Group - Spoilers Inside

Old 01-05-12, 03:52 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Dark Souls Support Group - Spoilers Inside

Originally Posted by Noonan
If you go that route, I suggest disconnecting from online. Anor is notorious for being invaded by dragon head glitchers (not sure if there's been any patches that help with this).

i don't know what this means, but it sounds bad.
Old 01-05-12, 03:54 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Imprint

As for the fire keeper souls, there is one in Blighttown (easily reached from the bonfire near the boss), New Londo Ruins (you can do a suicide run or use a homeward bone to get this one easily), and then there's another or two later in the game. You can get those two right now though.

can i leave Anor Londo now? or do i have to finish it before i can go back to the other areas? i could really use those fire keeper souls now.
Old 01-05-12, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, you can leave and come back.
Old 01-06-12, 07:57 AM
wlj

Well I am stuck at the damn archers in Anor Londo. I tried it about 8 times and decided to go to bed. I was getting worse with each try. I was able to kill one of them, but the other knocked me off. I hope there is a bonfire soon after i get rid of them.

Also, is there any way to repair a crystal weapon? I found a Crystal Halberd last night that I love. It is the most damaging weapon I have at the moment. However, I used it for a while and it is about to break. I go to the bonfire to use my repair box, but it is not available for me to repair.

I was gonna go back from Anor Londo and try to get some of those fire keeper souls, but once I got back to Sen's Fortress I didn't want to have to go back out and then come back in to get to Anor Londo. Is there a shortcut out of the rear of Sen's Fortress anywhere?

I love this game still, but last night was the first time I have been very frustrated. Hey Archers, you go to hell, you go to hell and you die!
Old 01-06-12, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

You mean the two guys with the dragon bows? Do you have a bow you can use to take them out before walking up the ledge? The only one you need to worry about is the guy on the right. Take him out and you'll be able to run into the building and take out the other guy from inside. There is a bonfire pretty much right there.

No, you can't fix crystal weapons. That's the downside to them.

There is a shortcut in Sen's. Towards the end when you're walking on the beams outside with the giant hurling firebombs at you, there's an area that has a break in one of the walkways. If you jump over to the other side, there's a merchant in there and the shortcut key at the bottom of the tower. The shortcut is the iron cages in that same area. It drops you down onto the long bridge at the beginning.
Old 01-06-12, 08:57 AM
wlj

Noonan has all of the answers! thanks for your help on my quest of doom.

I am gonna be kickin' myself about the crystal halberd, I have just been wasting it on low level enemies.

That is really good to hear about the shortcut, the anticipation of the fight with S&O might be too much for me

Also, whenever I see a summon sign -- I have alot of trouble summoning someone. If it is a NPC...no problem, but trying to summon a human -- I get "Summon Failed" all the time.

Last edited by wlj; 01-06-12 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-06-12, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those archers are the worst part of the game, without question. Everything else is tough but fair; those guys crawl a little too close to the cheap side in my opinion.

The easiest way to take them out is with a bow and some poison arrows. Regular arrows work too, but you need to have a decent bow / stats in order to kill them (as well as a LOT of arrows).

There are a few spots on the first walkway leading up to them that lets you get hits on them without their arrows hitting you. I'd say about 3/4 of the way up. Their arrows will either hit the big pillar in the center, or just hit the 'gated' parts on the side.

You may need to readjust occasionally, since the knockback from hitting them will change their position just enough to where they can hit you.

Poison arrows will affect them even if the actual hit doesn't register any damage. After a about three shots they'll get poisoned. It takes quite a long time waiting for them to die from multiple poisonings, but it's better than trying the same area hundreds of times.
Old 01-09-12, 08:06 AM
wlj

Well I haven't been successful against Smough and Ornstein yet. I am currently trying to get some weapons upgraded and I did upgrade my estus flask finally, by hauling ass past the ghosts in the ruins to grab that fire keeper soul. I went to Blighttown, but when i went to the spot the fire keeper soul was supposed to be...it wasn't there. Maybe I just thought I was in the right spot...dunno. I am currently kicking some ass with my +3 Lightning Halberd.

I screwed up however last night, I wanted to make the Quaelagg(sp?) flaming sword and I thought I could do it with the Uchigatana. So I obviously had to kill the undead merchant in the burg, much to my dismay, I can't do it with that sword. I need a curved sword -- well the undead merchant in the burg sold a curved sword. So now I can't go buy one I guess I have to just wait in hopes someone drops one. I said to myself before I killed the merchant -- "I will be ok, I have purchased all that I need from this guy and it won't matter if he is dead" How freaking ironic At least I have a +10 Uchigatana -- I think I will make it lightning. I really wanted that Quelagg fury sword though. I did see that I could make the chaos blade with the Uchigatana, but I read that your vitality decreases whenever you use it. Is there any big advantage to the chaos blade?
Old 01-09-12, 12:08 PM

Don't forget that you can turn human and get the NPC to help. Him + your pyro = win.

You sure that you don't have a scimitar, shotel, or falchion to make the Quelaag's Fury Sword? If not, and you can join the Forest Hunter covenant, I think Shiva sells a curved weapon. You must join the covenant and talk to Shiva in the forest first. Then he will relocate to the bottom of Blighttown near the bonfire.

Also, here's a video of the Firekeeper Soul in Blighttown. He show both ways to get to it (from Valley of Drakes entrance and also from the bonfire near Quelaag's area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysgeOwU5-As

Last edited by Imprint; 01-09-12 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-09-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A +5 Lightning Uchigatana will take out pretty much anything without trouble. It was the weapon I used through the areas after Anor.
Old 01-11-12, 08:05 AM
wlj

progress update:

I finally took out Smough and Ornstein last night...with help. We still barely beat them. I was down to zero flasks with only half of my health left when we took the final blow. We took out Smough pretty quickly...my Lightning Halberd +3 just tore him to shreds. Ornstein was certainly pissed after we took his partner out and we had alot of trouble with him. Needless to say I was excited we beat them, however I did feel a little ashamed not to have done it solo. I was happy to get the Lordvessel so I could warp. I did join gwynevere's covenant, but I don't have any clue what to do now with it. I probably picked the wrong covenant .

I decided to head to the demon ruins next. Ceaseless Discharge was certainly a piece of cake since he is a dumbass and falls off a cliff. I then made my way down and crapped in my pants to see 6 or 7 Taurus Demons. I was like "you have got to be kidding me." However I died once but I was able to take them out one at a time. The taurus demon was certainly not as powerful this time around, or maybe it is because I am alot more powerful -- who knows. Then I take a stroll a little bit further only to see 2 Capra Demons! I was like "holy sh1t!". However Capra is a piece of cake now. I took out both of them with no problem...one at a time of course. So I was feeling awfully good about myself and went around the bend and saw like 6 more Capras down the path. However i was able to lure them out one at a time and beat their asses. With my Lightning Halberd...i was able to beat the in 3 stabs and I would go untouched.

I made it to the Demon Fire sage. I was like "oh great another one of these fat asses" It took me 4 tries to beat him due to getting hung on all of the roots in the area. I couldn't stay behind him. I went a little further to find yet another boss -- Centipede Demon. This was the end of the road for me last night. I tried him 3 or 4 times and went to bed. I was able to cut his tail off and get that ring (by a fluke, I was just swinging wildly) Any tips for this dude? He just pounded the hell out of me, I couldn't find a good spot to fight him. Anyway, I am still having a blast...I just hit the 50 hour mark.
Old 01-12-12, 11:20 AM

If you are going for achievements, then you'll need to join a few covenants (and you'll get a trophy for each covenant you are offered to join too) temporarily (for miracles, pyro, etc).

As for the Centipede Demon, a good strategy used to be to use Iron Flesh when he got close and pound him with pyro or a lightning weapon. Since Iron Flesh got nerfed, it might not be as effective against him. Also, if you are following the Sunbro sidequest line, he can be summoned to help this fight if you are in human form. Now that you have the Orange Charred Ring, you can equip it and give yourself more room to maneuver at least.
Old 01-14-12, 10:55 AM

I'm passing through a hard time, triyng to defeat the bell gargoyle, I need help!!
if you r willing to help, add me in psn : matheuscolares12
thanks!!!
Old 01-17-12, 07:57 AM
wlj

where is a good place to get Titanite chunks? i am trying to max out my lightning halberd at+15, I have it at #13 right now. So far I don't have any other weapon as useful as this one. The range and power it has trumps all of my other weapons. I have quaelag's fury sword +13 and a zweilander +10, but they don't have anything on that halberd. I love the weapon but I would like to mix things up a bit, but there is a big dropoff in weapon power if I stop using it. I have some of the huge great swords, but my strength is only 24 and they have 34 requirements. I will probably start upping strength after I get up to 40 with endurance and vitality.

I finished the Painted World last night and enjoyed that section quite a bit. I am gonna give Duke's Archives a shot now. I am still stuck on the centipede demon in Demon Ruins though. I am too afraid to go into the Londo Ruins yet
Old 01-17-12, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's no easy way to get titanite chunks. You either have to wait until the very last area of the game, where 2 enemies will have a 100% drop rate or go to New Londo. Once you drain it, there are enemies down there that will have a low drop rate. They also sometimes drop slabs.
Old 01-17-12, 12:11 PM

You might want to look into Snuggly the Crow. I think he might trade a few if you have the right items.

It's pretty much impossible to max out more than a few items in each playthrough of the the game due to the lack of Titanite slabs.

As Noonan mentioned, the small bit leading up to the final boss has a bunch of Knights that always drop the Chunks. When you get there, just farm them as much as you're content. They also (usually) drop their weapons. If you haven't had the pleasure of using a Black Knight weapon, you should really try to acquire one. They're possibly the strongest non-elemental / non-dragon weapons in the game.
Old 01-17-12, 12:19 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Poink
You might want to look into Snuggly the Crow. I think he might trade a few if you have the right items.

It's pretty much impossible to max out more than a few items in each playthrough of the the game due to the lack of Titanite slabs.

As Noonan mentioned, the small bit leading up to the final boss has a bunch of Knights that always drop the Chunks. When you get there, just farm them as much as you're content. They also (usually) drop their weapons. If you haven't had the pleasure of using a Black Knight weapon, you should really try to acquire one. They're possibly the strongest non-elemental / non-dragon weapons in the game.

i have a black knight greatsword, but i am way too weak to use it effectively. also i am not real big on the huge weapons, they are too slow for me. Also, i think i have already gotten the titanite chunk from Snuggly...i gave it some rubbish for it. at least i think i did, you can only trade an item once i think.
Old 01-17-12, 04:12 PM

Yeah, it's supposed to be one (specific) trade per game. There was a glitch that probably got patched where you could drop the item, reload, and before picking up the "new" item, drop another one. It would be just an endless loop.
Old 01-20-12, 04:25 PM

I started my NG+ and it was so satisfying to pop Iron Flesh, walk through the fog door, and down the Capra Demon and dogs in about 8 seconds. I was going to just skip him, but after it took me 30 tries in the first playthrough, I wanted revenge.
Old 01-23-12, 08:36 AM
wlj

Sif, the sword wielding wolf, was an easy battle, but I will be damned if it wasn't a cool fight. It might have been my favorite boss battle so far -- to see a huge wolf come out a pick up a sword in his mouth and start swinging it was just so bizarre, but awesome at the same time.

I also made it through Duke's Archives and the Crystal Caverns. I was not a real big fan of those two areas. Seath the Scaleless was a fairly easy boss -- I just went in and whaled on him with my lightning halberd and he was toast after 6 or 7 hits.

I have finished all of the Demon Ruins except for the Centipede demon. I am having alot of trouble with him.

I have put it off long enough, but I am gonna head on down to the Londo Ruins next. Those ghosts are going to be aggravating. So I just need to buy a bunch of transient curses and I will be good to go? I am dreading the boss battle against Four Kings. I have heard that he is the hardest for lots of people.
Old 01-23-12, 10:03 AM

New Londo Ruins isn't too bad. Don't get too carried away with the Transient Curse things. You really only need 3 or 4 (if that) to get through there. They last a long time. Just remember to put on the Abyss ring after you go through the Fog gate to the boss.

Four Kings are tough, but they're pretty simple if you can just go in there and lay into them and take each one out quickly. More of an endurance test than a strategic fight; if you take too much time you'll easily get overpowered.

If the area and boss seems to be a bit too much, I'd say do the Catacombs / Tomb of the Giants next. Probably my least favorite area in the game, but the bosses are fairly easy. It's at the far end of the graveyard in case you've overlooked it entirely (I didn't know it was back there for a good long while my first time).

The Demon's Ruins / Lost Izalith section after the Centipede Demon is pretty crazy. I think they sort of intended that area to be the "final" part of the game, which is why the regular enemies are damn near bosses themselves. The last boss of the area is pretty easy once you figure out what to do.
Old 01-23-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wlj
I have put it off long enough, but I am gonna head on down to the Londo Ruins next. Those ghosts are going to be aggravating. So I just need to buy a bunch of transient curses and I will be good to go?
to add to what Poink said, the ghosts will also drop transient curses (2 per drop) upon defeat from time to time.
Old 01-23-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had a real hard time with the three kings. It probably took me 7-10 tries. The Catacombs/TotG was cake after you get the lantern.

If you're really hating the Centipede, you can skip it all together if you join the covenant of the spider queen. If you give 20 Humanity, a shortcut opens up that brings you right near the end of Izalith, skipping Demon's Ruins all together.
Old 01-23-12, 10:41 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Noonan
I had a real hard time with the three kings. It probably took me 7-10 tries. The Catacombs/TotG was cake after you get the lantern.

If you're really hating the Centipede, you can skip it all together if you join the covenant of the spider queen. If you give 20 Humanity, a shortcut opens up that brings you right near the end of Izalith, skipping Demon's Ruins all together.
i killed the spider queen chick. so it looks like i have to beat the centipede before I can advance. Moral of the story don't kill NPCs. However I do plan to kill the ninja bodyguard of shiva to get his flipping ring.

Question: Am I doing right? I have brought my vitality up to 40 and am working on bring endurance to 40. I have read that going above that is pointless due to such minimal returns. I think I am gonna work on bring my strength up now.

I am at 60 hours right now. My play time has slowed a little bit. The wife was getting irritated that I was spending so much time playing it so I have pumped the brakes a bit. The game is just so damn addicting.

Last edited by wlj; 01-23-12 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-24-12, 07:38 AM
wlj

i finally beat the Centipede Demon last night and I also beat Bed of Chaos. I was expecting Bed of Chaos to be much more difficult than it was. The fight was aggravating, but once you figured out what to do it was fairly simple. You need a little luck that he doesn't knock you in a hole, but fighting skill doesn't play much of a role here. My next goal is to do the New Londo Ruins which I have been dreading and the 4 Kings boss fight. Not looking forward to that one.

Quick question: Last night while I was playing I looked at my estus flask and it said I had 20! How the heck did that happen?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.