Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Next-gen Borderlands 3 confirmed!
This is when I'll be getting a ps4 (unless something comes out earlier I really want, of course).
Old 11-04-13, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

I am finally warming up to this game. I have made sure that I am at least a level higher than what the mission recommends since you can't control the difficulty on this.
Old 11-05-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to Ultimaton for the help last night with Captain Flynt last night
Old 11-15-13, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

There are some shift codes for skins and neat heads on the loot site.

http://www.borderlands2loothunt.com
Old 12-11-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Borderlands 2 Getting Another Seasonal Headhunter DLC \'How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day

Borderlands 2 is getting a third Headhunter DLC next week, following October's Halloween-themed TK Baha's Bloody Harvest add-on and November's The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler content. This one is a Christmas-themed add-on called 'How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day'.

Featuring "snowmen, holiday jingles and an ugly holiday sweater" How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day takes you to the snowy village of Gingerton, on a mission to get to the bottom of a missing train full of Marcus's guns. Marcus calls upon the Vault Hunters to search the town for the lost train, leading to a final showdown against the Abominable Mister Tinder Snowflake.

Defeat Mister Tinder and his icy minions and you'll get a big snowman head as your reward, while the DLC will also include a Santa outfit for Salvador the Gunzerker and an ugly festive sweater for Krieg the Psycho. Borderlands 2's How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day Headhunter DLC will be out on December 17th for $2.99/£2.39/€2.99.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Next-Week.html
Old 12-12-13, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My friend and I picked up the GOTY edition on Black Friday and I think we are going to start this weekend. Is there anything helpful we should know going in? I've tried to go into this game knowing as little as possible since we enjoyed the hell out of the first one and didn't want to spoil anything about this one. I've heard something about keys but don't know anything about them either.
Old 12-12-13, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
My friend and I picked up the GOTY edition on Black Friday and I think we are going to start this weekend. Is there anything helpful we should know going in? I've tried to go into this game knowing as little as possible since we enjoyed the hell out of the first one and didn't want to spoil anything about this one. I've heard something about keys but don't know anything about them either.
The Golden Keys are from Shift codes posted by Gearbox on Twitter/Facebook/Web. You redeem the Shift codes at the main menu of the game and receive X amount of Golden Keys that open the golden locked chest in Sanctuary for level specific items, and sometimes the Shift codes will also include character customization/weapons/etc. too.

Go here for a current list of available Shift codes.
Old 12-12-13, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure if this was posted before but Borderlands 2 is now up for free on Playstation Plus. I think it went up on 10 December.

I will definitely be downloading it and giving it a try.
Old 01-16-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Finally finished this at level 36 Maya and 20+ keys left. Only got about 2 or 3 useful items from using 25+ keys. Never an orange item. Only orange I got was when I killed the Warrior. I liked the ending better than the first one but can't see myself playing this through again too much work.

Last edited by d2cheer; 01-16-14 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-17-14, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I had more fun the second time through. It's both easier and more challenging at the same time. The enemies are tougher, but I already knew how to do most of the missions, so I didn't spend as much time looking around for things or places.
Old 01-17-14, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Finally finished this at level 36 Maya and 20+ keys left. Only got about 2 or 3 useful items from using 25+ keys. Never an orange item. Only orange I got was when I killed the Warrior. I liked the ending better than the first one but can't see myself playing this through again too much work.
Yeah, no orange in the gold box. I burnt through some keys so I found plenty of useful stuff. I played mostly single player though so the weapons it gave out were almost always an improvement on what I'd find on my own. As soon as I started playing MP the weapon drops tended to be much better than what was in the gold box.
Old 01-29-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

4 years late [should have done it on the first one]. but still cool and I'm grateful for options like these. Helps me out a lot on COD games.

Borderlands 2 Introduces Colorblind Mode

http://www.trueachievements.com/n159...blind-mode.htm
Old 02-05-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Borderlands 2's Next DLC Coming in Time For Valentine's Day

Gearbox has announced that the penultimate DLC for Borderlands 2 will be hitting in time for Valentine's Day, and will be another themed Headhunter episode like TK Baha's Bloody Harvest, The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler and How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day.

This upcoming Valentine's Day themed episode is called Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre, and is the fourth instalment in the Headhunter series. This particular episode revisits the feud between the Hodunks and Zafords seen in the main game's Clan Wars mission, and asks that Moxxi and the Vault Hunters collect ingredients for a love potion to ensure that a Hodunk/Zaford Goliath marriage goes off without a hitch.

You'll be able to pick up Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre for $2.99 on February 11th, 2014, before the fifth Headhunter pack and final Borderlands 2 DLC 'Sir Hammerlock and the Son of Crawmerax' arrives in April. Both will include boss battles and a head for your Vault Hunter as a reward. Check out IGN's exclusive video below if you fancy spoiling a bit of Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FwOKFMOUVTE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...ine-s-Day.html
Old 02-05-14, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I got the season pass for this game. But never downloaded any of the DLC, was waiting for something, maybe new levels. And then forgot about the game.

Are these updates part of the season pass? Or was that already completed?
Old 02-05-14, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, that finished with Tiny Tina's D&D-esque DLC like a year ago.
Old 02-05-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
I think I got the season pass for this game. But never downloaded any of the DLC, was waiting for something, maybe new levels. And then forgot about the game.

Are these updates part of the season pass? Or was that already completed?
No, the season pass DLCs completed long ago. Although those were bigger additions. These look to be smaller DLCs, just a few minutes.

Is there a convenient listing of these Headhunter DLCs? I think I have two of them, but I lost track - I didn't know they already had 3 or 4.
Old 02-05-14, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Is there a convenient listing of these Headhunter DLCs? I think I have two of them, but I lost track - I didn't know they already had 3 or 4.
really?

Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre... will be another themed Headhunter episode like TK Baha's Bloody Harvest, The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler and How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day
and...

the fifth Headhunter pack and final Borderlands 2 DLC 'Sir Hammerlock and the Son of Crawmerax' arrives in April.
Old 02-06-14, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still kind of pissed that they didn't give the ongoing DLC to Season Pass holders. I know the "agreement" was for the first four DLC packs, but it seems like a bad PR move to me, and I think I'm done with the game despite having put $80 and a crazy amount of time into it, and I'll probably wait for the GOTY edition of whatever the next Borderlands game is.

For me, Warframe scratches the same "loot" itch with more variety and without shitting on their best customers, and Destiny seems like it will be similar but superior in every way.
Old 02-06-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That's a ridiculous stance to take. They don't even have to offer a season pass to give you a discount on the first four DLC packs. I never felt robbed on any content, even the retail disc, for the price. They're "shitting on you" by not giving you everything for $20 (or less if you got it on sale)? Please...

It's also a "season" pass, not a "lifetime supply of DLC" pass. Their first season was 4 DLC packs. You knew that, we all knew that. It isn't a bait and switch or a broken promise. You're not missing anything essential if you don't get the Headhunter DLCs or any of the costumes you also skipped.

GOTY editions that compile everything well after everything has been released. You also know this because it's 2014 and every major release has a GOTY edition. This was also true in September 2012. You could have waited. You could have also just plowed through the disc and then sold it before any DLC was out telling yourself to be patient for that release in two years. Or rented it. Just because you didn't do that for Borderlands 2 but plan to for the next one just means you learned your own lesson too late.

It's not the fault of the season pass.
Old 02-06-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
That's a ridiculous stance to take. They don't even have to offer a season pass to give you a discount on the first four DLC packs. I never felt robbed on any content, even the retail disc, for the price. They're "shitting on you" by not giving you everything for $20 (or less if you got it on sale)? Please...

It's also a "season" pass, not a "lifetime supply of DLC" pass. Their first season was 4 DLC packs. You knew that, we all knew that. It isn't a bait and switch or a broken promise. You're not missing anything essential if you don't get the Headhunter DLCs or any of the costumes you also skipped.

GOTY editions that compile everything well after everything has been released. You also know this because it's 2014 and every major release has a GOTY edition. This was also true in September 2012. You could have waited. You could have also just plowed through the disc and then sold it before any DLC was out telling yourself to be patient for that release in two years. Or rented it. Just because you didn't do that for Borderlands 2 but plan to for the next one just means you learned your own lesson too late.

It's not the fault of the season pass.
Maybe. I guess my issue is them calling whatever it is that I bought a "season pass", which I apparently interpret as something it isn't. My interpretation was "we're going to make 4 DLCs (like the last game) and this $30 will give you access to all of them", but they actually planned to make more.

But the real dealbreaker for me was not giving season pass holders the level cap increase to 72. That's when I decided I was done with them as a developer. It's one thing to not give me a little bit of extra content that you've invested work in, but if you tell me that everything I've collected in your loot game is effectively gimped despite having paid you $80, our business relationship is over.

You can think that's ridiculous, but it's the way one consumer feels.
Old 02-06-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The very concept of a level cap in a non-competitive game is ridiculous. Since I can't unlock and max every skill, then there's really no reason to worry about whatever the cap is. That's just my opinion. I can understand if you're actively using these skills against other players then, sure, you don't want everyone having everything as that would be as pointless as having nothing.
Old 02-11-14, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinata242
The very concept of a level cap in a non-competitive game is ridiculous. Since I can't unlock and max every skill, then there's really no reason to worry about whatever the cap is. That's just my opinion. I can understand if you're actively using these skills against other players then, sure, you don't want everyone having everything as that would be as pointless as having nothing.
Dead Rising 3 has a "level cap" (50), however, you still can acquire attribute points to unlock and max every combination and skill afterwards.
Old 05-16-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted to see if anyone wanted to help a friend and I kill Terramorphous tonight. It would be much appreciated. We don't have the weapons to get it done.
Old 05-21-14, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

So I tried playing online last night with my son. We gave up after wasting a very frustrating hour. He continually got 'must download compatibility pack' errors, and he could never accept my game invite. Apparently there's bugs or something with DLC and the compatibility pack? Does anyone have any tips on how to get this to work?
Old 05-24-14, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

I looked throught he thread and I didnt see anything but is there more information out on the Presequel game? http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/bo...-sequel/114502

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.