The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-15-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, surely this one deserves a thread.

Just look at this commercial, and beard...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bINUfbLV_0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Eurogamer review gave it a 10/10:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...time-3d-review

If you've played it before, there are so many of these moments that you'll have forgotten, and seeing them like this is a wonderful and really quite emotional experience. It's the realisation of a long-held dream. If you haven't – well, I'm deeply envious.

Great art means different things to you at different points in your life. Ocarina of Time means something different to me now than it did 13 years ago. But the fact that it still has so much meaning is an affirmation of something I've long suspected: that this game is one of the greatest things that video games have ever achieved.
Old 06-15-11, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Yeah, Williams is a gamer. Find it hilarious when he talks about playing games....
Old 06-15-11, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYLBhXIC" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed>
Old 06-17-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robin Williams with bears equals the movie he is working on must be serious in tone.
Old 06-17-11, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just when I thought Robin Williams couldn't get any hairier...
Old 06-19-11, 04:49 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Been playing this for a little bit today. The game is, of course, still great. The 3D generally looks good, as do the updated graphics, but you have to turn the 3D off the use any gyroscopic effect, because you immediately lose the viewing angle necessary to maintain the 3D effect. I find for long play sessions I need to turn the 3D all the way off.

Also for some reason the manual folds out instead of being stapled like a normal manual. Strange and unwieldy.

Last edited by Supermallet; 06-19-11 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-19-11, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't forget to register for the free soundtrack CD. I got mine earlier in the Kmart deal, and brought it home and registered for the CD myself. It didn't go through since the site was so busy, but a quick call to Nintendo confirmed that the CD is on the way.

It's too bad that my fiance has my 3DS for the time being and I wont be able to even play the game until next weekend. The upcoming week is going to be torture, seeing the game sitting here but not being able to play it at all.
Old 06-19-11, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm enjoying it a lot. This is my first time playing this game. The graphics seem a lot better than I remember. Some of the environments could you have used a little more work though. A lot of flat surfaces.

The 3D is awesome in this game. Especially some of the interiors. In some of them, the camera is in a fixed position and rotates around as you move, and there are objects like jugs and chairs in the foreground adding a lot of depth. It just looks really nice all around. I can't wait to see what MGS looks like!

Also, Target had a deal today. Buy Zelda get any other 3DS game for $20. I passed, but kind of regret not getting something.
Old 06-19-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks a lot better because the graphics have been updated for this version, quite substantially as well.

Check out the 3DS trailers on the system, you'll get a very good idea of what MGS will be like. It looks great, most of them do to be honest.
Old 07-11-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only just got to play this game last night. I finally got the 3DS from my fiance, lol. I have only played it up to where you go into the Deku Tree, but I'm already blown away by the visuals and feel of the game overall. Just incredible so far. I can't wait to really dig into it now!
Old 07-13-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
I only just got to play this game last night. I finally got the 3DS from my fiance, lol. I have only played it up to where you go into the Deku Tree, but I'm already blown away by the visuals and feel of the game overall. Just incredible so far. I can't wait to really dig into it now!
It is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see what other developers come up with in terms of RPGs and adventure games that don't feel quite as dated as OOT. The 3D effect just makes everything so immersive, even on the tiny screen. It still takes my breath away every time I open the thing up. The PS Vita may be more powerful, but I really think the 3D is being undervalued. I just hope the system has the horsepower for bigger games.

I'm also interested in seeing how FPS games look, although the 3DS controls are less than ideal for that genre.