Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3, 360...)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3, 360...)

Old 04-27-12, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3, 360...)

Try to re-download the pack. I had this problem with WaW on 360 on a regular basis.
Old 04-27-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Tired of getting my ass handed to me on the old maps, so thinking about pulling the trigger on the map pack. Since these have been out for a few weeks now, for those who have played them, what are your thoughts? Worth checking out, or should I just stick with getting routinely pummeled in "Dome"?
Dome is my favorite map as it's ten minutes of non-stop carnage.

If I play Domination:

If I spawn near A:
  1. Capture A.
  2. Throw in a grenade before you walk up the stairs to get into B.
  3. Hang out as you keep an eye on the entrance of the hallway.
  4. MURDER EVERYONE.

If I get spawned in-between B/C:
  1. Capture B.
  2. Hangout in the hallway where the other team will be coming in from.
  3. MURDER EVERYONE.

The DLC is mixed. What you'll get in the Collection #1 is solid for the most part (except Black Box sucks). The new maps that'll be apart of Collection #2 blow.
Old 04-28-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Dome is my favorite map as it's ten minutes of non-stop carnage.

If I play Domination:
  1. MURDER EVERYONE.

2. MURDER EVERYONE.

Thanks for the tip on the map packs (I'm going to pass), and the strategy.

Dome is by far my favorite, and it's the only one I've gotten 30+ kills on (in couple thousand games...so yes, I suck).
Old 04-29-12, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone please help me here....

Just got the game on the Xbox360.
I read a few websites indicating the HAMR scope is available only for the Sub Machine Gun class of weapons.

However, I do not see the HAMR scope listed under the "Scopes" section for the Sub Machine Gun class of weapons.

I should also add, I am looking for it playing in the "Survival Mode" and I do not have an Xbox Live connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by Centurion
Can someone please help me here....

Just got the game on the Xbox360.
I read a few websites indicating the HAMR scope is available only for the Sub Machine Gun class of weapons.

However, I do not see the HAMR scope listed under the "Scopes" section for the Sub Machine Gun class of weapons.

I should also add, I am looking for it playing in the "Survival Mode" and I do not have an Xbox Live connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think it is only available in the multiplayer mode not on survival.
Old 05-07-12, 10:54 PM

Thank you for the response.
I figured exactly what you said.

It's available only under Multiplayer, however, I don't even see the HAMR scope listed as an attachment that's available to be unlocked.

I guess it's an 'awarded' item that doesn't actually appear on the list until you make some kind of achievement... maybe??
Old 05-09-12, 06:19 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...mode-announced

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's second DLC collection, due out later this month, includes a new multiplayer mode called Face-Off, developer Infinity Ward has announced.

It's a one-on-one or two-on-two deathmatch mode featuring four brand new maps custom built for more intimate combat.

The first two stages will be available for free to all Xbox 360 players from 15th May, with a PC and PlayStation 3 roll-out to follow. Aground is set on a shipwreck off the coast of Scotland, while Erosion sees you running around Roman ruins in Italy while Mount Vesuvius erupts in the background.

Two more maps will then follow on 22nd May (again, it's a timed Xbox 360 exclusive) as part of the main DLC Collection 2 release. Getaway plays out in a beachside mansion in Brazil, while Lookout is set in a forward observation post in Afghanistan.

"Normally in itself one-on-one isn't particularly creatively innovative, but what we've done is design the maps deliberately for this style of play," Modern Warfare 3 executive producer Mark Rubin told Eurogamer.

"In normal map development you have large maps that have long sight lines, then when you make smaller maps you shorten the sight line - the engagement distance becomes smaller when the map becomes smaller.

"But with these Face-Off maps, because it's not six-on-six, we've made the sight lines longer for the size of the map that it is. You actually end up engaging quicker and having a more exciting experience on the map.

"You still get a really new feel and experience out of the gameplay; not just the heavy, frantic experience you would get out of a normal multiplayer match. You get more tension build-up on these smaller maps."

DLC Collection 2 will also offer three new standard multiplayer maps. Two of them have already been released via Elite - Sanctuary and Foundation - but one is brand new. Titled Oasis, it's set on a beach resort in the United Arab Emirates.

"It's actually in or near one of the levels from single player - the one that takes place in UAE. You can see part of that level in the background in this level. It's all new geo but it's in the same area," explained Rubin.

Then in addition to all that, there are two new Spec Ops co-op missions too.

Ironclad is set immediately after the Hamburg mission from the single player campaign, with you and a comrade attempting to make it back to the landing beach after the initial assault.

"It has that asynchronous combat that we've been focusing on, where one player does one thing and another does something completely different," said Rubin.

"One player is on the ground and has to clear obstacles and engage in basic infantry combat. Then you have another guy driving a tank and you both have to support each other and get back to the beaches."

The second Spec Ops mission, titled Killswitch, plays out in an all-new area set in a Russian dockyard.

"One person is on the ground sneaking through and the other is in a sniper perch, snip
ing for the other player. You have to get through the level and detonate an EMP at the end."
IGN video
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/09...-mode-revealed
Old 05-23-12, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The new Content Collection 2 released yesterday to non-elite members for 1200msp. I hadn't updated for a while so I got content drops 7-12 today, and tried the new multiplayer maps. Sanctuary is my favorite from the 3 new ones as I wasn't doing very well on Foundation, and I only got to play Oasis once so far.

Has anyone tried the Face-Off mode yet? It's looks like it could be really frantic and fun (especially with 2v2) and the first two maps are free for everyone. You can get 2 additional maps with elite or content collection 2.

My daughter never got Elite, and it seems with 10 more pieces coming (of which 5 are multiplayer maps) it would still be better to sign up for Elite. I searched around a bit, but does anyone know any deals on 4000msp cards? I guess they were $44.99 at Target.com yesterday with free shipping, but that seems to have ended.
Old 05-23-12, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Edison
Has anyone tried the Face-Off mode yet? It's looks like it could be really frantic and fun (especially with 2v2) and the first two maps are free for everyone. You can get 2 additional maps with elite or content collection 2..
I tried Face-Off (1v1).

Once.

Guy had 11 kills to my one and it would have been an even bigger slaughter had I not hid behind a wall for about a minute.

Great looking map and the mode is really intense, but I'm not skilled enough and don't have the patience to memorize every nook and cranny on the map to gain an edge. Can definitely see why Face-Off could be a hit, however.
Old 05-23-12, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They did a fantastic job with the 3 new maps.
Old 05-23-12, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

LOVE the new maps and I've hated everything new up until now.
Old 08-30-12, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Final Assault Trailer

<object id="vid_5d8351394ca35011043eaf1cf0686845" class="ign-videoplayer" width="468" height="293" data="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://oystatic.ignimgs.com/src/core/swf/IGNPlayer.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/30/call-of-duty-mw3-content-collection-4-final-assault-trailer"/></object>

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/30...ssault-trailer
Old 08-30-12, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

^^ those maps look fantastic... boardwalk looks fun as hell
Old 08-30-12, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

so, last DLC for MW3?
Old 08-31-12, 09:03 AM

Nice!
Breathes new life into the game.
Old 08-31-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
so, last DLC for MW3?
Yes.

Elite members get the final 3 multiplayer maps (Parish, Gulch & Boardwalk) on Wednesday. Content Collection 4 goes on sale to the general public on Thursday. I assume we will have a Double XP weekend on Friday.
Old 08-31-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Yes.

Elite members get the final 3 multiplayer maps (Parish, Gulch & Boardwalk) on Wednesday. Content Collection 4 goes on sale to the general public on Thursday. I assume we will have a Double XP weekend on Friday.

Here's hoping. I really want to hit 20th but I don't know if I have the time to do it.
Old 08-31-12, 08:06 PM

I got to the 9th prestige this week. BOOYA!
Old 08-31-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
I got to the 9th prestige this week. BOOYA!
Go outside.

Now.
Old 09-01-12, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flair
Here's hoping. I really want to hit 20th but I don't know if I have the time to do it.
When the collection packs have launched, there's always been a Double XP weekend to follow.
Old 09-01-12, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Go outside.

Now.
I sorry!