Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3, 360...)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3, 360...)

Old 11-14-11, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PS3, 360...)

Elite is finally working for me consistently as of today. Also,the two hours of double XP for being an Elite founder were applied to my gamertag as well.

I don't mind most of the maps even though they are on the small side, but I absolutely can't stand Interchange. Looking forward to the rumored classic map pack.
Old 11-15-11, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 171 Likes on 140 Posts

Maps are too small IMO... it makes it near impossible for someone of my CoD caliber to get more than a 5 or 6 killstreak.
Old 11-15-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, is the lag in this game really that bad or am I really that bad at this game? I die in close combat shootouts quite a bit. I see an enemy, look down my sights, start shooting...then die. When I watch the kill cam, it won't even show me as having fired a sing shot even though I shot at least 3 or 4. On the other end, sniping seems pretty accurate. I always have 4 green bars and my internet connection and get 12mbps up, 2 down.

Last edited by flair; 11-15-11 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-15-11, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flair View Post
So, is the lag in this game really that bad or am I really that bad at this game? I die in close combat shootouts quite a bit. I see an enemy, look down my sites, start shooting...then die. When I watch the kill cam, it won't even show me as having fired a sing shot even though I shot at least 3 or 4. On the other end, sniping seems pretty accurate. I always have 4 green bars and my internet connection and get 12mbps up, 2 down.
I get 16 down and around 4 up and experience some awful lag at times. It's definitely on the game's end, as I've had bouts of lag and issues with the game nearly freezing in the matchmaking menus. Once I boot to dashboard or any other game, everything is back to normal.
Old 11-17-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 View Post
My thoughts on the campaign...

If Quake was done today:

Old 11-17-11, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dugan View Post
If Quake was done today:
That was awesome! I was rolling at the beginning.
Old 11-21-11, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I know most the talk here is of MP but wanted to chime in on the SP mode.

I finally got around to throwing the game in yesterday after getting almost a week ago (allot of OT at work the whole week) and finished it in one day. I literally could not put the game down. From the opening chapter it's pretty much none stop intense action in amazing large enviroments. I've played almost all the COD games except the last one and in terms of overall play, sound and graphics this tops.

Now I just finished BF3 about two weeks ago and no doubt there's been much tlk bout the the two in terms of sound and grphics. BF did have it's shinning moments and no doubt Frostbite made it more relistic but in terms of overall detail COD3 is better. Most notably the character models and uniforms had higher detail while BF3 did outstanding in lighting and shadows though COD was no slacker.

In the sound segment both BF3 and COD make full use of the surounds in a 5.1 or better system but COD to me had far more overall action going for it therefore the sound was something to hear and experience. Not just with the typical gunfire to explosions but the use of the outstanding large enviroments. If it were a movie it was like "Battle L.A" but a larger scale.

Storylines which to some is useless but both BF3 and COD are about even on this though with COD it did continue from a previous game.

On the extras side again COD offers a bit more with it's side 'Special Opps" play which i played a little. been nice for BF3 to include something in terms of 2-player side missions. But COD does cover SP, Co-op and Mp which I haven't played yet. Plus it's safe to say with COD you can expect some DLC later on.

I've been a fan of Infinity Ward since their last COD and frankly hope they continue. I didn't think they could top their last COD but honestly this was pure fun to go thru like a roller coaster ride. if anyone is looking to play Special Opps co-op mode give me a shout as I'll go for that before moving to MP. Just curious as to how that pans out. In my book the game is a 9.5 period.
Old 11-21-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So quick question, I'm pretty sure this is right but the Elite membership that comes with the Hardened Edition includes all future DLC for this game, correct?
Old 11-21-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
So quick question, I'm pretty sure this is right but the Elite membership that comes with the Hardened Edition includes all future DLC for this game, correct?
Correct.
Old 11-21-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just saw this over at Teamxbox.....

MW3 Banhammer Dropped on 1600 Cheaters

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling has revealed that the Modern Warfare 3 developer issued over 1600 bans to cheaters in the short space of time since the game's release. In a tweet, Bowling, also known as fourzerotwo, said --
Any attempt to cheat, hack, or glitch in #MW3 will not be tolerated. 1600+ bans issued. Updates in works. Please cont. to report offenders.
IGN reports that once a cheater is verified, the banhammer is wielded to bring a proportional ban time, based on the severity of the cheating in question --
"Every ban [is] unique to the level of douchiness of the offense," Bowling said. "The greater the douche the greater the length. PermaDouche possible."
Old 11-21-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i had to break down today and bought a new ps3 controller and mw3. im a fan o CoD and played some mp (and will be picking up bf3 also since all my friends picked that up instead) but i started up the campaign and wow only played it for a little bit (the first africa mission i believe i was at), but really enjoying it never slows down and throws imo alot of variety at you (from what shooters iv played)
Old 11-22-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 171 Likes on 140 Posts

I wonder what the cheaters were up to now? I recently played in a game where it was Pave - Low after Pave-Low... I wonder if that was a booster?
Old 11-22-11, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I know the current popular exploit is to change weapons as the animation starts when calling in an airstrike. Doing it repeatedly lets you select multiple airstrikes over and over again.
Old 11-23-11, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know what the code is used for on the back of the metal founder card included with the hardened edition? I went to the website but didn’t see anywhere to put the code on the card in. Am I missing something?
Old 11-24-11, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played "Special Opps" the other night in co-op and it was quite fun and intense. Pretty much additive as you do want to keep trying for another level. If someone is looking for a partner in this let me know.
Old 11-24-11, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Does anyone know what the code is used for on the back of the metal founder card included with the hardened edition? I went to the website but didnít see anywhere to put the code on the card in. Am I missing something?
I'm also wondering this.
Old 11-25-11, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I heard it was for the people getting/opening at a later date to still achieve "Founder" status. I could be wrong, just sayin'.
Old 11-27-11, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

figured I'd post here. anyone looking to trade dewxp cards?

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/In.../1039578739581
Old 11-27-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness View Post
figured I'd post here. anyone looking to trade dewxp cards?

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/In.../1039578739581
I need your MT Dew Characters, I have Mt Dew Weapons & Perks, and MW Perks for trade.

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/In.../1037253194907
Old 11-27-11, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000 View Post
I need your MT Dew Characters, I have Mt Dew Weapons & Perks, and MW Perks for trade.

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/In.../1037253194907
Made you an offer - MW 3 Characters for MW3 Perks
Old 11-27-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the trade!

I had an offer from someone named Nick also, but he wanted the same card. Please send another request Nick, I actually have another of the one that you need on my trade list now.
Old 11-27-11, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank you sir.

Also Nick I accepted your trade offer. Thank you as well.
Old 11-28-11, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was me. Thanks for the trade. I've put out about 6 trade offers from other sites and no one responded. You guys were the first.
Old 11-28-11, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I know most the talk here is of MP but wanted to chime in on the SP mode.

I finally got around to throwing the game in yesterday after getting almost a week ago (allot of OT at work the whole week) and finished it in one day. I literally could not put the game down. From the opening chapter it's pretty much none stop intense action in amazing large enviroments. I've played almost all the COD games except the last one and in terms of overall play, sound and graphics this tops.
I really had no plans on buying this but came across some extra cash and said what the hell.....My thoughts exactly - I was blown away by the single player and while I know most say it's all the same (I always did to)....It may just be the best single player experience from any game I've played. While the entire campaign may be completely over the top - it was done really well - the sound and graphics were unreal.

I would honestly have bought this game for the single player alone.....even with how short it is, I still would have dished out the 60 bucks - I personally think it's that good.

Last edited by Rival11; 11-28-11 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-28-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post
I really had no plans on buying this but came across some extra cash and said what the hell.....My thoughts exactly - I was blown away by the single player and while I know most say it's all the same (I always did to)....It may just be the best single player experience from any game I've played. While the entire campaign may be completely over the top - it was done really well - the sound and graphics were unreal.

I would honestly have bought this game for the single player alone.....even with how short it is, I still would have dished out the 60 bucks - I personally think it's that good.
i just finished the campaign this morning and really did enjoy it was a roller coaster ride from start to finish. first mw i played on a big screen and hd and was a whole new experience. i would say as a whole i loved the game, but did lack the stand out level the other two had *like the airport* and the last level given your set up wasnt nearly as crazy as i was hoping for

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.