Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable/Transfer from old hard drive to non-oem slim hard drive

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable/Transfer from old hard drive to non-oem slim hard drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-11, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about picking up a 3rd party Xbox slim hard drive and want the backward compatibility. Can I use the transfer cable from my old 20gb hard drive to the non-oem hard drive....will the files necessary for emulation transfer along with everything else? Or...can I use any external storage to transfer all files between the two? I recently transferred save games and my profiles using a 2gb usb storage device.
Old 05-13-11, 07:35 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable/Transfer from old hard drive to non-oem slim hard dr

They have a cable to transfer from the old hard drive to the new one, but not sure how much that is going for now...(edit wait looks like 16 bucks)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

You can also transfer your stuff with a flash stick...

The problem is some third party hard drives will not be backwards compatible with old xbox games, and at any time Microsoft might do an upgrade that makes your HD not work...so be sure to read reviews on the HD you are about to buy...and if you are not getting it for 50-60 bucks shipped, I don't think it is worth the risk compared to the 80-90 bucks for an official Microsoft drive...
Old 05-13-11, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable/Transfer from old hard drive to non-oem slim hard dr

Originally Posted by foxdvd
They have a cable to transfer from the old hard drive to the new one, but not sure how much that is going for now...(edit wait looks like 16 bucks)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

You can also transfer your stuff with a flash stick...

The problem is some third party hard drives will not be backwards compatible with old xbox games, and at any time Microsoft might do an upgrade that makes your HD not work...so be sure to read reviews on the HD you are about to buy...and if you are not getting it for 50-60 bucks shipped, I don't think it is worth the risk compared to the 80-90 bucks for an official Microsoft drive...
Thanks...I probably will error on the side of reasoning and go with the official hard drive. I have a $50.00 credit from my most recent Xbox 4gb purchase along with another $20.00 in gift certificates.