Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Sorry I didn't get on tonight. I did check PSN and didn't see anybody though.

I was just a little tired, and we're in the middle of a Battlestar Galactica marathon. Frakking good show.
Old 08-29-12, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by chess
I know...so many epic and hilarious moments from our games, whether it was horde mode with me and digi, infected, knives and nades or douchebag.

Unfortunately, there's just not enough left to put together a game. Even when I was bringing 4-5 players every week, it was still tight.

That's really the beauty of BC2. If we get 8 players in Warhawk, it's barely worth playing, but if we get 8 in BC2, we've pretty much taken over a server.
Battlefield is grade school tee ball. Warhawk is the New York Yankees. Battlefield is just some generic, tepid, off brand cola. Warhawk is Classic Coke.
Old 08-29-12, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by John Slider
Battlefield is grade school tee ball. Warhawk is the New York Yankees. Battlefield is just some generic, tepid, off brand cola. Warhawk is Classic Coke.
Say my name.
Old 08-29-12, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you really want to live in a world without Classic Coke?
Old 08-29-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Slider
Do you really want to live in a world without Classic Coke?
Originally Posted by excom101
Say my name.

You're goddamn right.
Old 08-29-12, 04:12 PM

Sorry I didn't get on tonight. I did check PSN and didn't see anybody though.

I was just a little tired, and we're in the middle of a Battlestar Galactica marathon. Frakking good show.
is this your first time through?
Old 08-30-12, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, I just watched Caprica on Netflix a few weekends ago (not something I recommend doing BTW), and it motivated me to watch it. It is my first time through since the finale, which I liked more than most people.

Yesterday was Exodus Pt 1 and 2. Damn.
Old 08-30-12, 09:20 AM

Received 1,915 Likes on 1,129 Posts

I have yet to watch it; it's something my wife and I keep meaning to do. Maybe after Breaking Bad.

Took BJ on his first hardcore maps: Oasis Conquest was a disaster! Guys who bum rushed us at every turn - there was no escape! Then we went to Harvest Day Rush and I forgot to turn off Hardcore. Of course, no one was there and we were attacking, so we snuck BJ his first destoy four M-Coms pin. Hey, whatever works.

We did Harvest Day Rush proper and while a guy got at least, no exaggeration, three nemesis pins on me, our squad pulled it together and took the round. Next, we defended on Valparaiso and held them off for a looong time on the first, second, and fourth objectives while getting rolled on the third and fifth. Blew up enough choppers, quad bikes, and tanks with C4 to get gold star 5 (also hit gold star 9 on the mortar strike). A fun moment was killing a guy off his quad, hopping on, riding it into their deployment, and just before the ten second out of bounds countdown did me in C4-ing a cbopper as it took off AND the guy on the UAV! Also was about to C4 a tank when a dude hopped out to repair so I C4ed him instead and blew it all up, blew it up real good!

Taught BJ and our other squadmates sone defense tips (heavy mg the tree cover down, C4 / mortar strike the buildings to take down M-Com cover, where to lay mines, etc) and the other team got mad. Finally rushed in as an actual team and took it with ten tickets left or so. Still, was a blast. It was one of those nice, long games that takes forever and yet is really engaging.

Next round, same rosters. We attacked. We rolled 'em in like ten minutes. Brilliant.

Ace pin for both!

I will be on and off this weekend. It's the only weekend between summer courses and fall semester so I need to do some quality family time but now hear this: any lurkers who want to come out of the woodwork, post when you can play and I will make a special effort to be there.
Old 08-30-12, 10:11 AM

No, I just watched Caprica on Netflix a few weekends ago (not something I recommend doing BTW), and it motivated me to watch it. It is my first time through since the finale, which I liked more than most people.

Yesterday was Exodus Pt 1 and 2. Damn.
i just wanted to make sure you didnt skip Razor if this was your first time through...I liked this series before that, buut that was where I absolutely fell in love with what they were doing on this show.
Old 08-30-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

@ Spatch: It's probably my favorite show of all time. Recommended...particularly if you are a fan of the sci-fi/space genre. It's definitely better than Breaking Bad IMO, which has gone overly dark and has lost a lot of its charm. BSG also hits some deeper philosophical/ethical questions that I think you'll find interesting.

@ R2: I'm pretty sure Razor is included with season 4 of my blu-rays, but I'll be sure to check before proceeding. I swear, Exodus is as good as any episode that's ever been on television. A few episodes from season 3 of B5 are close, but between Tigh's performance, putting the viewer in the position of rooting for insurgents/terrorists, and the epic shit done by both Battlestars...damn.
Old 08-30-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nerds.
Old 08-31-12, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Battlefield, bitches.
Old 09-01-12, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kind of a mixed bag tonight. I got mixed up in a couple of rounds with some really good players, but we also had some good coordinated games with OG, Diecast and his brother, Spatch, BJ and a bunch of other dudes.
Old 09-01-12, 01:10 PM

Received 1,915 Likes on 1,129 Posts

The best games were the ones when we had two squads of guys we knew working together. Even with some greenhorns and rusty players the squad play with eight of us helped tremendously. Kinda felt like the "old days," in that regard.
Old 09-02-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed that it's fun to have a blueberry squad of familiars. It's just a shame how few of those familiars were DVD Talkers...pretty sure it was just you, OG and me. Still, good stuff.
Old 09-02-12, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
i just wanted to make sure you didnt skip Razor if this was your first time through...I liked this series before that, buut that was where I absolutely fell in love with what they were doing on this show.
Watched Razor last night. It's crazy, but I'm 99% sure I'd never seen it. Granted, it mostly showed stuff that we'd been told about already, but it was still a really good episode. I also thought that there were a couple of moments that didn't ring true based on characters actions throughout the series, particularly asking Kara to stay behind at the end.

But I'm in that rough stretch with a several weak episodes at the later half of season 3 and the early half of season 4, so it was a nice break from that.
Old 09-04-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Armored Kill is out today for BF3 Premium members. I signed up for Premium months ago in anticipation for this pack. I hope it'll be worth the wait. If it is, i'll be playing BF3 regularly if anyone feels like learning how to play all over again.
Old 09-04-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is this "Armored Kill"? Map pack? Guessing it's an opportunity to tank whore.
Old 09-04-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is this "Armored Kill"? Map pack? Guessing it's an opportunity to tank whore.
Not just tank whoring... from what I've seen it's all vehicles in general whoring. 4 new maps, new vehicles, weapons, assignments, etc.. At least one of the maps is a snow covered mountain. And EA/DICE has stated Armored Kill contains the largest maps ever in a Battlefield game.
Old 09-04-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19K
Not just tank whoring... from what I've seen it's all vehicles in general whoring. 4 new maps, new vehicles, weapons, assignments, etc.. At least one of the maps is a snow covered mountain. And EA/DICE has stated Armored Kill contains the largest maps ever in a Battlefield game.
Okayokayokayokay.... I *might* dust off BF3. Hell, I'd like to dust off the Playstation in general. If we can convince the BFBC2 gang to squad up for a night on BF3, that would be a schedule-clearing occasion.
Old 09-04-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a heads up, if you don't have Premium you have to wait two weeks for this.
Old 09-04-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks pretty good, but then every trailer I've seen for BF3 looks awesome.

Premium is what...$50?
Old 09-04-12, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Looks pretty good, but then every trailer I've seen for BF3 looks awesome.

Premium is what...$50?
Yeah, or you can buy the premium edition of the game that comes out next week for 59.99 (nice way for EA to show loyalty to the people who already paid for the game at full price + premium). Or you may be able to get it for 29.99 at Best Buy with the @Gamer coupon. There's a $30 coupon for BF3 in this month's @Gamer, which would make the standard version 9.99, but it doesn't specifically exclude the Premium edition, so you might be able to use it. YMMV, of course.
Old 09-04-12, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does Premium do anything else for me? (Sidenote: EA is one big ****monkey.)
Old 09-04-12, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Does Premium do anything else for me? (Sidenote: EA is one big ****monkey.)
The biggest thing is Premium gives you all the expansion pack DLC (which I probably would've bought anyway). I think you get it 1 or 2 weeks before everybody else also. Then there's other small things that are just fluff like unique dogtags and videos/strategy guides that are accessible via the battlelog. And they have double XP events that only apply to premium members as well. And premium members get priority if you get queued for a server. Never had a problem finding servers though. Especially now that they have the rent-a-server feature, there's a ridiculous amount of games to choose from.

Premium is mostly bullshit, but like I said, I probably would've bought all the map packs anyway, so I figured I might as well just get the premium. I haven't played much Close Quarters (which came out already), but it's nice to have option if I feel like playing something a little different.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.