Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Old 01-11-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Originally Posted by shumway
I have just as much fun in BF3. For some reason, the highs are higher.
I totally agree with this. Having a good round in BF3 makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I don't get that feeling in BFBC2. Not sure what it is. Maybe the difficulty level... the more frustrating game makes for bigger "high" when you do well. I don't know.
Old 01-11-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wouldnt have had much fun last night. Bad luck is part of it but I was in three different games all in a row that I just didn't stand a chance. Something is fundamentally wrong with the game when someone can go 42-1. I go back and forth on the value on BF3 but if I were someone just jumping in for a game and that happened... I'd never come back.
Old 01-11-12, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That sucks when it happens, but it's not specific to BF3. I had almost the same experience in BFBC2. On Heavy Metal, the other team had all the flags and a chopper just hovered over our base and killed everyone as soon as they spawned. There was literally no way out. It was awhile ago but I remember one person having 50 something kills and ZERO deaths when the round ended.

Seems to me a good pilot/gunner combo can dominate a round in ANY Battlefield game.
Old 01-11-12, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. I'd never seen that on bc2. The choppers never seemed to have that much force on the outcome. A good pilot could be bothersome but never demoralizing. Plus the weapons on bc2 were always more conducive to taking one down. I still can't come close in bf3.
Old 01-11-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They screwed up BF3 with their last patch. The choppers weren't originally so hard to shoot down. But I agree they're definitely more of a pain in the ass now than in the previous games.
Old 01-11-12, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Wow wtf is everyone doing tonight? Vong is off being a douche with MOB so I'm not joining that game. McD's game is full. And nobody else is on. Fun Tuesday. Looks like I'm going to bed.
Old 01-11-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Reasons why I'm ready to quit BF3:

Tonight I suffered through a map where I would spawn and die before I could ever reach cover because a helicopter could swing around the Rush spawn point and mow everyone down. I went 1 - 16. The helicopter pilot went 42 - 1. This should not happen.

All I wanted to do was learn the javelin and I just couldn't get an opportunity to do even that.
That's rare in BF3. I haven't gotten as spawn raped as I would in BFBC2. Most of the time choppers are a non issue. It's the ground game that matters in CQ.
Old 01-11-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I noticed. I joined you guys for a bit too. Sent Vong a request to squad me in... which was ignored! The nerve. The next map, I got "balanced" over to the other team. Which was down at least 2 guys from the very beginning and by 3 or 4 by the end.

I got Vong's tags right near the end.... because really what else is there to fucking do when your team's getting anal-probed up the base?

he said, "it's okay. we won." No shit you won, you fargin' prick because you and you douchemachine MOB bastards run the other team off the map. You could go sit in deployment and the still win the map. This is why I will never have a decent W/L ratio I play half my games against MOB even though I jump in on their team originally.
That was epic when ya got my tags. End of the game with all the bases and I was camping with like 3 other blueberries trying to get some cheap kills and here you come flanked us all just to knife me. EPIC FAIL on my part for just camping. I got what I deserved. LOL
Old 01-11-12, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
I joined up with Vong for the first time last night. Luckily I got put right into his squad. His MOB buddies were rolling pretty good. I think we only lost one round the entire night.
We were tank whoring. I loved it.

We were pissing off some other clan last night hard. They had us by 100 tickets and were Tbagging all of us. Both games we turned it around and beat them. WHO'S LAUGHIN NOW!!!!!
Old 01-11-12, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DarthVong
That was epic when ya got my tags. End of the game with all the bases and I was camping with like 3 other blueberries trying to get some cheap kills and here you come flanked us all just to knife me. EPIC FAIL on my part for just camping. I got what I deserved. LOL
I was hiding near that flag just hoping you and your buddies would wander by.

I jumped out behind knifed you and then that stupid bf3 knife mechanic screwed me and wouldn't "reload" so to speak. I stood there while the others turned around and shot me. In bc2 I would have had three tags.

Last edited by jdpatri; 01-11-12 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In bc2 I would have had three tags.
And would have had more fun to boot.

I kind of want to play BC2 more than I want to play RDR tonight.
Old 01-11-12, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chess

I kind of want to play BC2 more than I want to play RDR tonight.
I'd join but I'm spent. Meatpants and I had a spirited session of BC2 this afternoon. We ran headlong into a solid team of 50s though. Won some, lost some and we were only running a squad of two... which hindered a bit. I think I may have taught him the fun he could have with an Uncle Carl.
Old 01-12-12, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want to believe this. I really do.

Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky, or I just completely suck at this game. I popped in BFBC2 for a few quick rounds early this morning. Same old experience. I got put on a team that's outnumbered 10-4. Getting spawn camped up the ass from the get go. Spawn. Die. Spawn Die. I know you all say that's the exception rather than the rule in this game, but honestly that's what the majority of my games are like in BFBC2. I'm so glad the spawns are out of bounds in BF3 because it's a consistent problem for me in the previous games.

**Just to give you an idea of the quality of the "team" I got put on this morning, I finished one round as the number one player (on my side) with an amazing 3-13 K/D and a whopping 1000 points. Weeee!

On a happier note, I did get to play with Flip yesterday afternoon. It was better than this morning, but he's being generous with the "won some, lost some" statement. I think it was more like "won ONCE, lost the rest".

He did mention if we had a full squad with Chess and Spatula it probably would have been better (Spatula had to leave as soon as I joined).
Old 01-12-12, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The millisecond I recognize that I'm in an unwinnable situation...or if I'm on the team that's dominating to that extent, I'm out. The matchmaking in BC2 is such that it's no big deal to find another game and even bring your squad along.

Contrast that with BF3, where often you just take it (or give it) just because it's such a pain to get squaded back up.

I'm not sure that having the extra two people in your squad is really going to change that much, but I will say that Spatula and I are both fairly task oriented and are usually playing with some second or third order strategy.
Old 01-12-12, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The millisecond I recognize that I'm in an unwinnable situation...or if I'm on the team that's dominating to that extent, I'm out. The matchmaking in BC2 is such that it's no big deal to find another game and even bring your squad along.

Contrast that with BF3, where often you just take it (or give it) just because it's such a pain to get squaded back up.

I'm not sure that having the extra two people in your squad is really going to change that much, but I will say that Spatula and I are both fairly task oriented and are usually playing with some second or third order strategy.
With regard to yesterday's games, a full squad definitely would have helped. The blueberries just weren't on task and communication with two more guys would have made a ton of difference. With two it's very hard to coordinate any sort of attack on an organized team. And the other team had one squad of very coordinated 40s-50s. We ALWAYS ended up against them since they were objective-focused, as were we... and we could knock off one or two, but not all of them and they were playing with at least two medics. We'd lose every head to head. And in that regard, a full squad would have made a world of difference.

And though we lost many of the games, all were close with the exception of one or two. Most came down to the last dozen or so tickets and the opposing team always had to come from behind. Again, once that four-man squad got organized and focused, there was very little we could do to stop them.

Last edited by jdpatri; 01-12-12 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-12-12, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like it had potential...wish I'd been around. I have a couple of days off, so I'll likely be playing a bit over the next 4-5 days, unless I restart Mass Effect 2 which I had started before I deployed.

Top ten reasons BC2 is better than BF3:

10. 9000% less gun recoil
9. MUCH better variety of maps
8. Easier to join friends and squad up
7. Uncle Carl
6. No flashlights
5. No tunnel maps
4. Unrealistic but functional parachutes
3. Destruction is more than decoration
2. Chopper hunting with AAA and Carl Gustav
1. Dogtags
Old 01-12-12, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was just having my best round in BC2... well, EVER... and what happens? Game freezes. Ugh. I can't win with this stupid game.

I disagree with almost everything on that list except the recoil. I think the maps in BC2 are all pretty much the same, except for Heavy Metal. I understand there's snow and jungle and desert... by same I mean you can basically pick a class and play the exact same style pretty much on every map. BF3s map almost forces you to experiment with different classes (i.e. playing engineer on Metro is pretty much useless).

I'm giving it an honest effort here. Been playing all morning. This game is NOT fun when you're solo. Fucking wookies. I know you love hunting them and everything, but when they're all on your team (or in your squad), it pretty much blows.
Old 01-12-12, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Checking to see if you're still on...
Old 01-12-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
I'm giving it an honest effort here. Been playing all morning. This game is NOT fun when you're solo. Fucking wookies. I know you love hunting them and everything, but when they're all on your team (or in your squad), it pretty much blows.
Briefly screw yourself over and set the tracer dart as your secondary. Then spawn on one of those dumbasses and mark them. Rinse, lather, repeat. Pretty soon they'll disappear, OR, play on Hardcore. Then you can kill them yourself.
Old 01-12-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Game got much better with Chess and Flip. Vong made an appearance also. I've come to the conclusion that playing with a good squad is a MUST. I have no problem jumping into BF3 solo, but the only way I'm playing BC2 is if other people are on. BIG difference.
Old 01-12-12, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 19K
Game got much better with Chess and Flip. Vong made an appearance also. I've come to the conclusion that playing with a good squad is a MUST. I have no problem jumping into BF3 solo, but the only way I'm playing BC2 is if other people are on. BIG difference.
Shit yeah man...we were tearing it up in some really competitive games!

Loved that squad of 8 just rolling us from base to base. That was fucking formidable, and I think we should try it some time....get two full squads of medics and engineers and make a point to stay together.

Add to list above: 11. Can actually talk to each other
Old 01-12-12, 05:17 PM

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,110 Posts

Real quick note to flip and meat (wish I could've stuck around): did you check to see if your squad was set to public instead of private? Having a public squad lets those blueberries go green with you and do some teamwork (potentially).
Old 01-12-12, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where do you check that? Or change it?

Squad chat is definitely one thing BC2 does better. Don't know why it's so broken in BF3. It was nice having clear communication.
Old 01-12-12, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure it defaults to public and only locks to private if you do it manually...could be wrong though.

Yeah, I find it really really hard to coordinate even when we get together in BF3 just because we're talking over each other and asking each other to repeat. If you have to repeat the vital info you just gave, it's probably too late for it to matter anyway.

Had a great time today and will likely be on in an hour or two.
Old 01-12-12, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was wrong...looks like it defaults to private if you squad up with friends.

Easy to change in the start menu, and your team should let randoms in.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.