Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Old 12-27-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Found a local guy who has Burnout Paradise used for $10 on Craigslist. I already downloaded all the other DLC packs like car unlocks on my PS3 without any problem this summer. Any advantage / disadvantage to picking up this used copy rather than attempting the whole download thing again? My whole refund deal is still pending.
Only downside I can think of is that you'll have to put a disc in. There will still be some sizable downloads, as they released major updates for over a year in that game. Funny thing is that I didn't really care for the original release, but by the time they were done...

To keep this post relevant to BF, I haven't touched BF3 since December 11 and instead I've been playing BFBC2 which is seeing more and more people in it, these days, so matches are at least 8-8 or more. So many dogtags.
Amazon was paying $35 for BF3, and I gave serious thought to mailing it in. Unfortunately, when Karkland was released, I realized that there are problems I have with BF3 that can't be fixed with more maps.

But I still love BFBC2.
Old 12-27-11, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While BFBC2 is still the winner, I enjoy the differences between BF3 and BC2 enough to rotate both. Karkand has improved the experience. I hate the meatgrinders but even they have some appeal if I change my style of play.

I tried to sign on last night to blow some shit up but everyone was playing Skyrim. There best be someone on tonight.
Old 12-27-11, 10:24 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I see you pop on, Flip, look around, and sign off. every once in a while. Usually while my wife and I are watching Netflix. It's so quick, you must have two accounts on your PS3 or something to log in and out so fast.

Guess I'll go ahead with the used copy of Burnou Paradise. Will probably have a chance to pick it up later this week and will hope I can get on, say, Friday night.

Does a Friday night Burnout Paradise night work for people?
Old 12-27-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sometimes those pop-ons are movies. Sometimes those pop-ons are checking to see what everyone's playing.... and then movie... or sign off. Sometimes my daughter just likes pressing the power button.
Old 12-27-11, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jdpatri
While BFBC2 is still the winner, I enjoy the differences between BF3 and BC2 enough to rotate both. Karkand has improved the experience. I hate the meatgrinders but even they have some appeal if I change my style of play.

I tried to sign on last night to blow some shit up but everyone was playing Skyrim. There best be someone on tonight.
I was on all night last night dammit! I even went 23-3 on Op Metro CQ. At one point I was 15-0 and I wasn't using an autoshottie like most. The planets were aligned during that match I tell ya. LOL
I've gotten used to BF3 now and playing BC2 feels like slow motion to me.
Old 12-27-11, 10:50 AM

In terms of the power button, my wife accidentally turns on the PS3 all the time by bumping the PS button on our remote control. It's really sensitive and easy to accidentally tap.

I'm likely, if I stick to plans the way I should, not playing much for Tuesday or Wednesday. Gotta get a project finished. I'm out of town Thursday night and like I say, will probably be back Friday.
Old 12-27-11, 11:09 AM

Just got credited my $7.99 purchase price to my PSN wallet. That's really frustrating and I'll be telling them that in my feedback email. As a new customer (only had the PS3 a year) who ended up having the network crash only a few months into ownership, I was excited to get a $20 game for $8 through the "welcome back" Playstation Plus program. Nope, not for me.

Looks like I'll be picking up the used copy on Craigslist.
Old 12-27-11, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DarthVong
I was on all night last night dammit! I even went 23-3 on Op Metro CQ. At one point I was 15-0 and I wasn't using an autoshottie like most. The planets were aligned during that match I tell ya. LOL
I've gotten used to BF3 now and playing BC2 feels like slow motion to me.
Shit. I never saw you on there. Wonder if I didn't let my list fully load. I played Rock Band for a little while instead. If you see me sign on and you're playing send me an invite.
Old 12-27-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been balls deep in Arkham City...freaking awesome game.

Burnout Friday works for me. I'll host and load the challenges...be on by 7 or so.
Old 12-27-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chess
I've been balls deep in Arkham City...freaking awesome game.

Burnout Friday works for me. I'll host and load the challenges...be on by 7 or so.
I love the parts of Arkham City that play like Arkham Asylum. The open world crap is just padding to expand the game and I have very little interest in any of it. If you just follow the main story, the game is really very short.

There's too much other stuff. Too many Riddler trophies, too many side quests, too much meh. AA had just enough to keep my interest. AC just goes way off the deep end and I will probably explore none of it.
Old 12-27-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love the parts of Arkham City that play like Arkham Asylum. The open world crap is just padding to expand the game and I have very little interest in any of it. If you just follow the main story, the game is really very short.

There's too much other stuff. Too many Riddler trophies, too many side quests, too much meh. AA had just enough to keep my interest. AC just goes way off the deep end and I will probably explore none of it.
My post in the AC thread...

Finally got to play Arkham City. I didn't think I would like it more than the first one, but I think I do. I loved that the first one was basically a Metroid game, and I feared that this one would stray too far from that and become Grand Theft Batman, but the same basic feel was there. In terms of which world I liked better, I think it's a tossup. Asylum was more atmospheric and creepy and had more personality, and City is more sweeping and is fun to traverse.

The reasons I liked City more are:
  • The detective/forensics portions are much better integrated and thought out
  • It's less repetitive...limited number of rooms with gargoyles or repeating levels (Scarecrow levels)
  • Better boss fights...Mister Freeze is better than anything in Asylum and is one of my favorite boss fights ever
  • Because the environment is so open, there is almost always an opportunity to stealth your way through a bunch of guys if you want
  • Better story, and I loved the twist at the end
  • I didn't find myself just staying in detective mode like I did last time
  • Interrogations

I don't want to discount how much I like this "just because it's Batman", but here are some things that I'm pretty sure I'd think even if it weren't Batman:
  • Melee combat system is better than any 3D game
  • Navigation is more fun than any open world game...or at least on par with Infamous
  • Best stealth in the business...mostly due to detective vision
  • Puzzles as tough as any other game
  • Environment nearly on par with Bioshock

I didn't get to play much this year, but thus far, this is my GOTY and would be tough to beat. Portal 2 was a lot of fun and was charming, but I thought the puzzles were a bit too easy compared to the first. I was pretty disappointed in Battlefield 3. Uncharted 3 is up next. I picked Uncharted 2 over Arkham Asylum in '09, but I don't see that happening again this year, and I'm not even sure I had it right then.
Bottom line...liked it better than Asylum despite being a big fan of the Metroid feel. I recommend doing the side quests but not getting too hung up on all of the collection stuff. Some of the puzzles for riddler trophies are awesome though.
Old 12-27-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah. So who's playing tonight? And what are we going to play?
Old 12-27-11, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wouldn't mind doing something different...maybe something without all the shooting.

I'd suggest Burnout, but...

Wish we had enough for Warhawk.
Old 12-27-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Wipeout?
Old 12-27-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've got no other suggestions, really. I was thinking some BC2...

....sadly I'm pretty positive that Warhawk's not an option.
Old 12-27-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Too bad more of you don't have Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It is truly a different kind of multiplayer.
Old 12-27-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
Too bad more of you don't have Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It is truly a different kind of multiplayer.

I have Brotherhood but for some reason I never actually opened it. It came out riiiiiight after I finally platinumed AC2 and I just wasn't ready for more.
Old 12-27-11, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wipeout?
Someone owns Wipeout?

NM: I thought you meant this:

Old 12-27-11, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey I have Burnout. Never played it much though.
Old 12-27-11, 03:33 PM

Waiting for the guy to get back to me from Craigslist regarding Burnout Paradise but feel free to play without me.

I may be up for BFBC2 after 9:30pm CST.
Old 12-27-11, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wipeout?
Maybe...just not sure about multiplayer racing. Every time I've played one, there's always one dude winning because he's played the game a bit more.

I'm a big wipeout fan from back in the day, but I honestly think Modnation would be more fun with this group.
Old 12-27-11, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthVong
Hey I have Burnout. Never played it much though.
It's freaking awesome.
Old 12-27-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Criminy. I'll be on tonight. Probably blowing something up. Join me if you want.
Old 12-27-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm gonna jump around and check what all the lobbies look like in all the multiplayer games . just for kicks.
Old 12-27-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got no other suggestions, really. I was thinking some BC2...
Should be up for that.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.