Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

There's also co-op modes which I haven't tried yet... I'd like to give those a shot if someone wanted to run through them.
Old 12-14-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpatri
There's also co-op modes which I haven't tried yet... I'd like to give those a shot if someone wanted to run through them.
I could run a few of these the next few nights if you're around.
Old 12-14-11, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
So I haven't been jumping on BF3 lately. I was wondering have they made it so that we could organize a private match? - It seems to me the reason that Warhawk and CoD are so much fun is that we can get a group into a private match. I haven't tooled around enough with the options to figure out how private matches would work. I think we also need to organize a BFBC2 night for old times sake.
I like private matches to blow off steam. The only thing I hate about them is that nothing impacts your stats while you play them.
Old 12-14-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldnt mind doing the co-op either since I haven't done anything in them. Do you get to use the unlocks in the regular multiplayer as well?
Old 12-14-11, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you unlock some guns in them...not sure how useful they are.
Old 12-14-11, 10:24 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Octo and I did some and they're (short but) fun. Dogowar was the one, I think, who told me co-op is the place to take some time and learn to run choppers and jets instead of during multiplayer because you don't have to worry about stealing firepower from your team, have people mad at you, better pilots in the sky, or people getting to them before you do.
Old 12-14-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cruzness
I think we also need to organize a BFBC2 night for old times sake.
Old 12-16-11, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can I get a squad of 4 in Bad Company 2 tonight?

It might take a bit to find a populated server, but it will be more fun, and we'll at least be able to talk to each other.
Old 12-16-11, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm down, but it won't be until after the wife goes to sleep. Which might be too late.
Old 12-16-11, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nah, I'm up late on Fridays. Anybody else?
Old 12-16-11, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nobody's on! I'm playing Batman until someone shows.
Old 12-16-11, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL...be on soon.
Old 12-17-11, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fun times tonight. Holding down Bravo on that snow map with R2 and Spatula was a blast, and the communication was excellent. Thanks for coming out.
Old 12-17-11, 10:39 AM

Nobody's on! I'm playing Batman until someone shows.
I'll betcha the real Batman says this from time to time, too.
Old 12-17-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Flip dropped in for maybe a game or two. We were on the wrong end of some really competitive games though. Good times.
Old 12-17-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah... I froze at the end of that second game. My favorite regular BFBC2 glitch! Other than the team losing/winning bug of course.

The wife had just come home and was requesting... oh so subtly... the use of the television by sitting on the couch next to me while I played. And when the game crashed I really didn't have the fight in me. Made me realize I do really miss BFBC2 though. Had hoped to get back on later but I was spent.
Old 12-17-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BF3 servers were shit yesterday. Kept getting kicked and was rubberbanding all over the place. Why can't DICE fix the damn server issues!

I feel like I'm getting better at it though. I still usually finish with a negative KD but not as bad as 3-15 LOL
Old 12-17-11, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a mostly + k/d ratio last night. It is fun to play with people who are organized.

By far the highlight of the night for me was when i introduced the armored vehicle with the 3 guys who Frisby had played with before to my uncle Carl...i aimed and hit the ass end of it, and there was a slight delay, then an explosion and a triple kill, as the truck went ass over tip cup in flames. It was awesome...that was a fun map.
Old 12-17-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah... I froze at the end of that second game. My favorite regular BFBC2 glitch! Other than the team losing/winning bug of course.
At least one of the two games you were on, you were kicking ass...running circles around me. I settled in later and got a bunch of ace pins though

Made me realize I do really miss BFBC2 though. Had hoped to get back on later but I was spent.
On top of all the usual stuff I talk about liking better in BFBC2, I really really miss the environments. It was so refreshing to play on Laguna Presa in a lush jungle and on the snow maps...with approximately 130% less gray and brown. Even the desert in maps like Arica Harbor is a nicer color...call it cartoony if you want, but it's much nicer to play in. I was also really excited to play on Panama Canal with multiple awesome routes between the A/B side and the C/D side of the map.
Old 12-17-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
By far the highlight of the night for me was when i introduced the armored vehicle with the 3 guys who Frisby had played with before to my uncle Carl...i aimed and hit the ass end of it, and there was a slight delay, then an explosion and a triple kill, as the truck went ass over tip cup in flames. It was awesome...that was a fun map.
I get a lot of cool moments like that in BC2. It's especially gratifying taking down choppers, and I've yet to be able to do that in BF3. BF3, just because of the way the maps are designed, really bunches people up and turns most maps into twitch fests. A few of the new ones are exceptions though.

The highlight of the night for me was defending bravo with you and spatula on Port Valdez (the snow map). We beat a clearly better group of players just by being organized...and it's so gratifying to communicate where the dude who just killed you was and to see him die onscreen because you pointed him out...or to hear where a dude is in your headset and find him.

We have to do that again. It's especially cool now with the quieter servers because an organized squad can really roll for a good while and have a lot of fun.
Old 12-18-11, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I was playing with a few guys I met yesterday minding my own business when I get shotgunned in the face by some sniper douche bag. I happen to notice his name is Yawmush! So I respawn goto take the flag when I get shotgunned yet again by the same sniper douche bag!

So I respawn and ninja behind him as he's frolicking around a flag and just as he tries to hide under a catwalk I plunge my shiny blade into his gullet!

Yeah....take THAT shotgunning sniper douche bag! :P
Old 12-18-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chess
I get a lot of cool moments like that in BC2. It's especially gratifying taking down choppers, and I've yet to be able to do that in BF3. BF3, just because of the way the maps are designed, really bunches people up and turns most maps into twitch fests. A few of the new ones are exceptions though.

The highlight of the night for me was defending bravo with you and spatula on Port Valdez (the snow map). We beat a clearly better group of players just by being organized...and it's so gratifying to communicate where the dude who just killed you was and to see him die onscreen because you pointed him out...or to hear where a dude is in your headset and find him.

We have to do that again. It's especially cool now with the quieter servers because an organized squad can really roll for a good while and have a lot of fun.

I'm gonna have to dig out my BFBC2 in storage and play. Maybe we can pick an actually weekly night to play a few rounds of the old school stuff. I need me some Arica Harbor!
Old 12-18-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthVong
I'm gonna have to dig out my BFBC2 in storage and play. Maybe we can pick an actually weekly night to play a few rounds of the old school stuff. I need me some Arica Harbor!
Say when.
Old 12-18-11, 05:55 PM

So this summer I bought Burnout: Paradise and its DLC (when some of you were playing it for a while) as well as the Back to the Future complete series pack. Everything downloaded except two items: Back to the Future #5 and the actual Burnout: Paradise game (the B:P DLC and BTTF #1-4 all downloaded). I went on some work trips and forgot about them and recently noticed / remembered them when perusing my downloads list. I have two separate problems and I wonder who can help me out:

Burnout: Paradise shows up in the download list but it won't download. It tries and after a while it says error 8002AD23 or sometimes 80029516. Either way, I can't get it to download. What am I missing?

BTTF #5 doesn't even show up in my download list. It's BTTF #1-4 and that's it. How do I get that?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-18-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't say what the problem is, but I am 100% down for a night of tooling around in Burnout Paradise. Still the best driving game this generation, and maybe my favorite I've ever played.

We usually do some team objectives and invariably end up in the quarry or the airport just douching it up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.