Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Old 05-20-11, 10:17 AM

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

It was in the little garage next to Charlie at Arica Harbor. Three of 'em were right by the dumpster tossing out C4 and blowing up any teammate of mine who dared to run across the street from Charlie toward Bravo. Seeing the points add up and then the triple kill pop up were delicious, and the third gold star for Mr. Gustav was just gravy.

Arica Harbor is fast-becoming my favorite map, particularly on conquest. It's not the map where I do the best, by any means, and I love the close-quarters combat. The map is tight and the action is so frenetic, one can't camp out in the same place for more than 2.5 seconds before getting sniped. When I think about BFBC2, I think about all the running around and furious play of this map.

I'll be on for our Friday night game tonight for at least a couple hours. Anyone interested in trying out some Onslaught tonight?
Old 05-20-11, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could. Will be at an out of town wedding.
Old 05-20-11, 10:30 AM

Well, if things fall apart at the wedding...
Old 05-20-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hahahaha, no driving home tonight even if they do. Another thing I want to try is squad rush, but, I don't think they let you use your own pieced together squad. That might end up being criminally unfair.
Old 05-20-11, 11:06 AM

Criminally unfair, criminally fun, whatever. Even if we got destroyed, it would be a blast because we'd be together.
Old 05-20-11, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't be on tonight, either, sadly.
Old 05-20-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope the next Battlefield has a multiplayer much more like CoD. At least the option to open up a private room and pick your teams, limit load outs, etc.
Old 05-20-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by excom101
I won't be on tonight, either, sadly.
PSN down for almost a month and we all develop a life outside of playing BF... who would have thought it was possible.
Old 05-20-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
I hope the next Battlefield has a multiplayer much more like CoD. At least the option to open up a private room and pick your teams, limit load outs, etc.
Or at least offline multiplayer period.
Old 05-20-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be on of course. LOL! Had a really exciting game at Nelson Bay last night. It was back and forth with 2 solid teams. Only thing that kept pissing me off was all the Medic/SAWs spraying and praying the whole game. Still was won both matches.
There was a lvl50 coldsanchez who knifed everyone the entire match. Dude was a virtual ninja. Sent my squadmate hatemail when he got knifed though.
Old 05-20-11, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by DarthVong
I'll be on of course. LOL! Had a really exciting game at Nelson Bay last night. It was back and forth with 2 solid teams. Only thing that kept pissing me off was all the Medic/SAWs spraying and praying the whole game. Still was won both matches.
There was a lvl50 coldsanchez who knifed everyone the entire match. Dude was a virtual ninja. Sent my squadmate hatemail when he got knifed though.
Yeah, I was in that game for a while... on the other team. That. Sucked.

I agree about hoping BF3 has offline multiplayer. I have a few friends who play BFBC2 on XBox instead and I'd love the chance to go head-to-head in person, instead. That other bit Slider mentioned would be great, too.

I haven't played the other BF games. Are the squad roles similar? Anything missing from BFBC2 that's been in other BF games you wish was there?

Last edited by story; 05-20-11 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-22-11, 09:09 AM

The Carl Gustav is now my #3 weapon for kills (yet another sign you and I play alike, yawmush).
How many of us have the combat knife as our #1 weapon.
Racking up some double-kills on recon snipers camping up on hills.
My Squadplay Attitude has dipped below 100% after being between 110-120% for so long.
Brought down the house on two comrades and bumping my team kills up 100% from two to four.
How infrequently it seems a lot of us are able to play together at the same time since the PSN came back up.
Old 05-22-11, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last night I got my first hatemail. It was on Heavy Metal CQ. We were taking all the bases since the enemy just wanted to be chopper whores and not try to take bases. Anyway, I ended up getting off 2 lucky CG shots in a row on the same chopper pilot (yes, he was circle strafing) He sent me hatemail calling me a retard! LMFAO!

If I run Engi or Medic I will now kill enemies with the Repair Tool or Defib. I've platted my knife so knifing in that case isn't as humiliating

Yeah, he was mad bro.
Old 05-23-11, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing more humiliating than getting defibbed.
Old 05-23-11, 10:32 AM

I finally played my first moments as recon this weekend. We were on Heavy Metal and the whole enemy team was sniping from the hills so getting anywhere was next to impossible. I said enough is enough and finally spawned as recon. I hopped in a helicopter at deployment and a squad mate jumped in, too. I told him when I bail he should switch to the pilot seat so the chopper doesn't get lost and he doesn't blow up. Flew above the giant windmills and bailed, parachuting on top of it. From that vantage point, I sniped three of them all together on the hill and the guy in the chopper set to shredding tanks.

Sniping was fun (especially with an actual long-range rifle; I've been sniping with the Carl Gustav all week!) but I don't know that I'm ready to jump right into recon quite yet. I had a funny moment, though, with my wife last night. She watched me play a little while and asked, "Why don't you ever spawn as a wookiee?" For her to use the lingo, I was shocked! Maybe I'll be a wookiee for my wife.
Old 05-23-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Your wife gives me a wookiee.
Old 05-23-11, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dogmatica
I finally played my first moments as recon this weekend. We were on Heavy Metal and the whole enemy team was sniping from the hills so getting anywhere was next to impossible. I said enough is enough and finally spawned as recon. I hopped in a helicopter at deployment and a squad mate jumped in, too. I told him when I bail he should switch to the pilot seat so the chopper doesn't get lost and he doesn't blow up. Flew above the giant windmills and bailed, parachuting on top of it. From that vantage point, I sniped three of them all together on the hill and the guy in the chopper set to shredding tanks.

Sniping was fun (especially with an actual long-range rifle; I've been sniping with the Carl Gustav all week!) but I don't know that I'm ready to jump right into recon quite yet. I had a funny moment, though, with my wife last night. She watched me play a little while and asked, "Why don't you ever spawn as a wookiee?" For her to use the lingo, I was shocked! Maybe I'll be a wookiee for my wife.
Next time you run into that situation on HM I suggest Roadkilling all the wookies in the chopper. As long as you have a gunner you won't crash the heli. Nothing pisses a wookie off more than having an Apache land on his head. LMAO!
Old 05-23-11, 02:43 PM

Maybe I'll be a wookiee for my wife.
Old 05-23-11, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by chess
Your wife gives me a wookiee.
I'll give you a wookiee in your wookiee!

Originally Posted by DarthVong
Next time you run into that situation on HM I suggest Roadkilling all the wookies in the chopper. As long as you have a gunner you won't crash the heli. Nothing pisses a wookie off more than having an Apache land on his head. LMAO!
So if I'm piloting a chopper and there's a gunner in it, I absolutely can't crash it into the mountainside? That explains why it looks like choppers should be crashing but they don't and how people get roadkills with the chopper. I'll have to work on that one.

Murray, I've often wonder if anyone at Lucasfilm is mad that photo exists.
Old 05-24-11, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll give you a wookiee in your wookiee!

So if I'm piloting a chopper and there's a gunner in it, I absolutely can't crash it into the mountainside? That explains why it looks like choppers should be crashing but they don't and how people get roadkills with the chopper. I'll have to work on that one.

Murray, I've often wonder if anyone at Lucasfilm is mad that photo exists.
Correctamundo! You won't crash unless he bails, so make sure it someone in your squad and they know what you're doing.
Old 05-24-11, 11:43 PM

excom101, I think I figured out why dogowar was so sensitive about having good people in the chopper with him. Check out his top vehicle for kills:

Still, I think if he took a moment to tell us exactly what he needed from us, we could have been more helpful. I could have, at least.
Old 05-27-11, 02:18 AM

[serious][bragging]Do triple kills count toward your double kill count for the Elite Multiplayer Target Combat Insignia? Because I keep getting those...[/bragging][/serious]
Old 05-27-11, 02:35 PM

Who's on tonight for Friday Night BFBC2?
Old 05-27-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Working late tonight and tomorrow. I'll be on Sunday night though if anybody else has it free.
Old 05-27-11, 03:14 PM

Arica Harbor is my favorite map, which is icing on the cake of this excellent parody:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULbZUoPN5BU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.