Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-11, 05:16 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Seemed like you were doing pretty good to me. Fun times with flip, excom101/ogsoley, and a fella I met named dogofwar.

Great afternoon of earning the final engineer rocket launcher, getting the silver star on the Carl Gustav, getting another gold star with my knife, several Gold Squad pins, leveling up to 25, and getting my most coveted trophy: The Dentist!

Old 05-16-11, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I'm not sure I remember how to play.
What's to remember? Shoot a bitch...stick a knife in a bitch...heal a teammate...laugh.
Old 05-16-11, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chess
What's to remember? Shoot a bitch...stick a knife in a bitch...heal a teammate...laugh.
My first kill yesterday? Dogtags. Niiiiiice.
Old 05-16-11, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We need to get that McD guy and dogofwar together in the same squad. Those two are animals.
Old 05-16-11, 10:22 AM

Don't know McD but if he's like Dogowar718, then yes. He's been really patient with me, too, as a relative newbie and every time we play he snags my kit and revives me over and over. All about the team play.

Check out his stats, too. He's starred every weapon, earned every insignia and pin, and every multi-player trophy... hasn't even touched the single-player campaign!

Last edited by story; 05-16-11 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-17-11, 01:35 AM

I'm trying to decide if I'm getting better or if everyone is a little worse after the PSN blackout. I definitely still get killed pretty often and I don't seem to be earning the points I used to, even when I play medic. Yet my kill count is going up steady and I'm getting better at being covert, aiming well, and taking calculated shots. I even gold starred the Carl Gustav tonight and it took a while for it to occur to me the rocket launcher was good against ground personnel just as much as being a tank buster.

I had a funny moment when my team was losing horribly and I decided to sneak all the way around to Alpha from Charlie at Arica Harbor along the water. On the way, I found a guy, knifed him, and kept running. The dude figured out what I was doing because when I got to Alpha no one was there... except him. He spawned there and knifed me in return. Thought that was pretty funny, some good playing on his part. Even sent him a message to tell him so. That seemed more sportsmanlike than the gloating messages I've heard from other players sometimes get sent back and forth.
Old 05-17-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dogmatica
I'm trying to decide if I'm getting better or if everyone is a little worse after the PSN blackout. I definitely still get killed pretty often and I don't seem to be earning the points I used to, even when I play medic. Yet my kill count is going up steady and I'm getting better at being covert, aiming well, and taking calculated shots. I even gold starred the Carl Gustav tonight and it took a while for it to occur to me the rocket launcher was good against ground personnel just as much as being a tank buster.

I had a funny moment when my team was losing horribly and I decided to sneak all the way around to Alpha from Charlie at Arica Harbor along the water. On the way, I found a guy, knifed him, and kept running. The dude figured out what I was doing because when I got to Alpha no one was there... except him. He spawned there and knifed me in return. Thought that was pretty funny, some good playing on his part. Even sent him a message to tell him so. That seemed more sportsmanlike than the gloating messages I've heard from other players sometimes get sent back and forth.
The Hot Carl is always good for the lulz. People rage when you snipe with it. I love it.
Old 05-18-11, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthVong
The Hot Carl is always good for the lulz. People rage when you snipe with it. I love it.
Yep! Be sure to perk your launcher ammo and explosive damage for extra good times.

But don't miss, or somebody will rush you, take your dogtags and teabag your limp corpse while you reload...

Spoiler:
...like I did to Vong!
Old 05-18-11, 10:39 PM

Hey, shumway, what level are you again?
Old 05-18-11, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep! Be sure to perk your launcher ammo and explosive damage for extra good times.

But don't miss, or somebody will rush you, take your dogtags and teabag your limp corpse while you reload...

Spoiler:
...like I did to Vong!
WHA WHA WHAT??? I don't ever remember seeing you T-Bag anyone. I'm sure it happened just don't remember. LOL!
Old 05-18-11, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't teabag you, but everything else is accurate...and I remember it like it was yesterday.

It was on the desert level and I was sprinting at you from the side looking to get some tags while you lobbed rockets at somebody else...you saw me and shot a rocket at me, which hit just far enough behind me that I survived it...while you reloaded frantically and backed away, I kept running and stabbed you in the nugget. I didn't really know it was you until after the stabbin, and I was already on my way to the objective, or I would totally have teabagged you.

Once on Heavy Metal, you sniped me from the hillside and did a few squats. I had a good laugh...wanted to tell you that you were doing it wrong.
Old 05-19-11, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't teabag you, but everything else is accurate...and I remember it like it was yesterday.

It was on the desert level and I was sprinting at you from the side looking to get some tags while you lobbed rockets at somebody else...you saw me and shot a rocket at me, which hit just far enough behind me that I survived it...while you reloaded frantically and backed away, I kept running and stabbed you in the nugget. I didn't really know it was you until after the stabbin, and I was already on my way to the objective, or I would totally have teabagged you.

Once on Heavy Metal, you sniped me from the hillside and did a few squats. I had a good laugh...wanted to tell you that you were doing it wrong.
I remember HM. I was in my bushwookie mode since I can't fly a helo and wasn't in a squad. I was sittin up there sniping and Tbagging everyone just to provoke the enemy into chasing me up the hill. LOL! Didn't know it was you until I shot ya. I shouldve known though since it was a medic on a vehicle map.

Your protege Ogs got my tags tonight on Port Valdez. Didn't mind though cuz my squad/team won both times. LOL!
Old 05-19-11, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey, shumway, what level are you again?
yeah, yeah, yeah, you manage to hit 27 last night or something? That was a fun couple of maps where we just rolled the other team into submission.
Old 05-19-11, 08:47 AM

Not yet, but I've got a comfortable lead.

It'll be excom101 / ogsoley we're both gunning for next.
Old 05-19-11, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ha, he is an active player, doubtful I'll pass him unless he moves on to another game before I do. Looking at our stats (you and I,) we're pretty similar players, though I am a little more aggressive (more kills, shorter lifespan) and you better at grabbing tags. Loving that my Gustav is my 3rd favorite weapon. Those last two matches last night where I had an 8 kill streak in each were both notable in that they both featured a double kill with one Gustav shot.
Old 05-19-11, 12:09 PM

Your protege Ogs got my tags tonight on Port Valdez. Didn't mind though cuz my squad/team won both times. LOL!
I almost stole the ace pin both games. And the first game it was like 7 on 3 and your boys were base camping. I thought I did respectably. ;-)
Old 05-19-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by excom101
I almost stole the ace pin both games. And the first game it was like 7 on 3 and your boys were base camping. I thought I did respectably. ;-)
7 on 3? Really? Seemed like more to me but then again I was on the same server all night so I don't know how long you were playing but I know in the beginning it was a full game for many maps. Shoulda sent me an invite since I was playing with randoms for most of it.
I don't know who was flying your teams chopper but he sucked. I took him out at least 3 times on the AA.
Old 05-19-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

All of you who haven't need to pick up Warhawk. It's on sale right now for the regular price. Don't miss out.
Old 05-19-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
All of you who haven't need to pick up Warhawk. It's on sale right now for the regular price. Don't miss out.
Make you a deal Slider. You either use the mic you bought or purchase a new one and actually TALK with us on a regular basis through said mic, and I'll buy Warhawk and play at least a couple of Tuesday nights with you guys.
Old 05-19-11, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You first.
Old 05-19-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
You first.
How do I know this isn't just a douchey ploy? I think you may have figured by now I'm a pretty honorable type guy. I'm pretty sure you're the same, but, sometimes play speaks for itself
Old 05-19-11, 02:56 PM

7 on 3? Really? Seemed like more to me but then again I was on the same server all night so I don't know how long you were playing but I know in the beginning it was a full game for many maps. Shoulda sent me an invite since I was playing with randoms for most of it.
I don't know who was flying your teams chopper but he sucked. I took him out at least 3 times on the AA.
I was only on for just over two games. Was on your team for a couple of minutes, but it switched me to the other side at the end of the first game then I played two full games. 7 on 3 the first game. 7 on 7 the second. Was actually a lot more fun than I expected for a lop-sided game because the map was big enough and the teams were small enough that I could creep around and take some flags.
Old 05-20-11, 02:04 AM

shumway, you would have loved it. Triple kill with the Carl Gustav for the third gold star!
Old 05-20-11, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

shumway, you would have loved it. Triple kill with the Carl Gustav for the third gold star!
Nice.

One of my favorite kills ever was lobbing long range Gustav blasts at a sniper in some bushes on Heavy Metal...turns out two of his friends were up there as well.
Old 05-20-11, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's fantastical!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.