Reload this Page >

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Battlefield Talk (PS3)

Old 04-06-11, 09:13 AM

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Re: Battlefield Talk (PS3)

It would be cool to see you there.

Congrats on the Ace pin. First time I got one last week, I was amazed. I don't consider myself good enough for that sort of thing yet, so when I'm the top or near the top point earner, I get worried. Being a medic with a current squadplay attitude of 109% may play a bigger role in that than skill, though.
Old 04-06-11, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally finished leveling up Recon last night. Now it will be switching mainly between Medic/Engineer with the occasional Assault. I earned all of my ace pins on Medic due to healing/reviving. I'm also going to start playing more Vietnam. I like the idea of iron sights only save recon.
Old 04-06-11, 10:25 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea it would be nice to have a Friday game night of Vietnam, Private games or Onslaught.
Old 04-06-11, 12:47 PM

I found these interesting. Some of them are no-brainers, others are merely neat but not helpful. Then there are some like making sure you hit someone with the tires of the ATV to get the kill which could make all the difference. They're not all from the same creators, if that matters to you (Parts I and II are the most well-done, if you ask me) and at least one of the videos says they're playing on X-Box 360 though I'd assume that doesn't matter.

Some of you Carl Gustav nuts may get a kick out of the explosives comparisons in Part III and the tank driving over the mines without blowing up in Part IV is NUTS!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GSXt6tka8YM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1NpzPtYrdVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2MbbyD014v8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ywcLYOayl-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xV1MinggtZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-06-11, 02:15 PM
Cool New Member

Ha nice videos.
Old 04-06-11, 11:38 PM

And I made it to officer status at Level 22. Let the long, long road in-between leveling up begin...
Old 04-07-11, 05:24 PM

I added Eggo1634 to the non-DVDTalker stats on Post #2 and will shift him over to the DVDTalkers, if he joins the forum (he says he might).
Old 04-08-11, 08:47 AM

Who is playing tonight? My wife and I are still finalizing our plans for the evening and I'm hopeful to get online to play for at least part of the evening. And you?
Old 04-08-11, 08:58 AM

Maybe? Not sure, folks are in town for a few days. They aren't night owls, so maybe I can get some in after they leave for the night.
Old 04-08-11, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I may or may not end up out with my wife tonight. If we do go out, after she falls asleep I'm down. I've played until at least 2am CDT every Friday for at least the last month and until 3:30 last Friday night.
Old 04-08-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wish I could play...healing and knifing and reviving and lighting motherfuckers up!
Old 04-08-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, for those that have picked up Vietnam, I would like to play that tonight. The good news on that, when you purchase, is that it is only the hex unlock key as we all already downloaded it as part of the massive update that was required awhile back, and thus you are ready to go within seconds of the purchase.
Old 04-08-11, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by shumway
Also, for those that have picked up Vietnam, I would like to play that tonight. The good news on that, when you purchase, is that it is only the hex unlock key as we all already downloaded it as part of the massive update that was required awhile back, and thus you are ready to go within seconds of the purchase.
I have it, I'm up for that if I am able to play tonight. I've only played Vietnam a few times, so I'm sure I'll be really nice fodder for the other team. I'd also like to try some Onslaught on Hardcore one night when there are just 4 of us.
Old 04-08-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't even played Vietnam once yet. I know Vong has it too, and Og has been talking about picking it up. Not sure past that. Down for Onslaught too.
Old 04-08-11, 02:20 PM
Cool New Member

I should be on tonight at some point, I'm down for whatever but if we have at least 4 we should try our Vietnam. If there are 8 or more of us, maybe we can do some 4 on 4 private squad rush? I'm sure that would be fun and some bragging rights.
Old 04-08-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would like to try some public squad rush too. That would be fun as well.
Old 04-08-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of the Vietnam maps are better on rush. Definitely worth $15 though.
Old 04-08-11, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't even played Vietnam once yet. I know Vong has it too, and Og has been talking about picking it up. Not sure past that. Down for Onslaught too.
I actually like Nam. Especially the flamethrower! hehe

We've had some bad storms today/evening and my internet connection has been so so all day. Not sure if I'll be on or not tonight.
Old 04-09-11, 12:01 AM

I think I'm out for the night. I downloaded and tried Vietnam for a while and it was pretty good though I was amazed at how difficult it seemed. I was cut down with much less fire than regular BFBC2 over and over. And while I leveled up to Level 23, I also had my skill level go so low a sign popped up on my screen telling me I'm now at zero. Ouch!

Fun times with K-Town and I saw DieCast and shumway were helpful blueberries tonight, even though we kept getting creamed right at the end.

I won't be in on Friday the 15th and probably not until later on the 22nd because of the Good Friday worship service. Do we want to say April 22 or 29 is Vietnam night, just so we can anticipate it together?
Old 04-09-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dogmatica
I think I'm out for the night. I downloaded and tried Vietnam for a while and it was pretty good though I was amazed at how difficult it seemed. I was cut down with much less fire than regular BFBC2 over and over. And while I leveled up to Level 23, I also had my skill level go so low a sign popped up on my screen telling me I'm now at zero. Ouch!

Fun times with K-Town and I saw DieCast and shumway were helpful blueberries tonight, even though we kept getting creamed right at the end.

I won't be in on Friday the 15th and probably not until later on the 22nd because of the Good Friday worship service. Do we want to say April 22 or 29 is Vietnam night, just so we can anticipate it together?
...and yet you were roped back in for a couple of rounds of Vietnam. I like the 'ice cream' truck. Had a tough time getting used to the shift in color scheme and didn't do too well overall. I did manage to completely shoot down one chopper with an RPG by anticipating where it would fly and another from the turret of a gunboat. Also, "Wizard needs food, badly!"
Old 04-09-11, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anybody going to be playing this tonight? I have Onslaught and Vietnam.
Old 04-09-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Vietnam has some very cool and fun maps, but as a rule, any map with 3 points is broken in Conquest. The choppers in Vietnam are pretty seriously gimped and can be taken down with a medic's LMG or any mounted gun.
Old 04-09-11, 04:37 PM

Also, "Wizard needs food, badly!"
"Shumway shot the food!"

I need to figure out a way to make a mash-up video of BFBC2 video and Gauntlet audio.

Originally Posted by John Slider
Anybody going to be playing this tonight? I have Onslaught and Vietnam.
I'm on for a while sometime this afternoon / tonight, though I don't know if it will be on BFBC2 or BFBC2VN.

What is Onslaught? I don't get it (and I don't have it).

Originally Posted by chess
Vietnam has some very cool and fun maps, but as a rule, any map with 3 points is broken in Conquest. The choppers in Vietnam are pretty seriously gimped and can be taken down with a medic's LMG or any mounted gun.
That said, the choppers are pretty real for the time period. They're more of a lightweight troop transport than an armored gunship.
Old 04-09-11, 07:20 PM

I took the plunge on Vietnam. Haven't played it yet, but feel free to send me an invite any time you're playing.
Old 04-09-11, 10:57 PM

Sorry, flip, I was just heading to bed when I got your invite. In fact, I was done after my games with ogsoley and dingwog and then I checked my stats and decided to go for one more.

I found I only had 50 points until Level 24 and 5 knife kills until I earned my fourth gold star for knife kills (5,000) and the elite melee badge (10,000). So I jumped in a game, nabbed it all in a few minutes with a Gold Squad and Ace Pin to boot. Now that was a great game!

I'll add, though, that I'm bad enough at Vietnam that twice now I've had a notice come up on my screen that my skill level went way down, one time to zero! A little regular BFBC2 brought it back up, though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.