Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA Football 12.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: NCAA Football 12.

hey, important things like having an accurate computer model of Bevo take up considerable space
Old 06-28-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daryl
hey, important things like having an accurate computer model of Bevo take up considerable space
I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that's changed in this game over the last 5 years.
Old 06-28-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

while I was playing the demo, I thought: "if I was playing this without the extra presentation fluff and the updated rosters, this could easily be NCAA 2009 and I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference".

The emphasis on the new intro stuff/accurate pre-game traditions reminds me of the same spiel they gave when they introduced all of this to the XBox/PS2 in NCAA 2004.
Old 06-28-11, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by beavis69
Being an Auburn Alum it sucks Cam wasn't nominated, but i get why not. Guess I'll be voting for that beast Fairley
i thought you had to be a senior to make the cover
Old 06-28-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tackling is much nicer looking, as is receiving. That's about it for gameplay. Take away the fancy new intros and it's the exact same game as last year.

I am pleased to see numerous sponsors this year. Grasping at straws, I know...
Old 06-28-11, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

What about the new conference alignments? Colorado is part of the pac-12. Nebraska part of the big 10. I would think this is more of an necessary adjustment then years past. I agree that most year's aren't worth buying over and over again but with the new conferences it will shake things up a bit.
Old 06-29-11, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The was a video in the demo about how you can make up whatever conferences you want. That's new I guess. Doesn't change the core game though.
Old 06-29-11, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

It's college football..... does the core game really need to be changed?
Old 06-29-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cruzness
It's college football..... does the core game really need to be changed?
Maybe not the gameplay itself, but the presentation of said gameplay? Yes. ESPN integration is still half-assed. The two-man commentary is yawn-inducing. The crowd still doesn't seem like it's actually reacting to things that are happening. Etc.
Old 06-30-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Honestly, not much changed at least to me for this years game based on the demo. I will probably get it though, since I love NCAA 12.
Old 06-30-11, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Maybe not the gameplay itself, but the presentation of said gameplay? Yes. ESPN integration is still half-assed. The two-man commentary is yawn-inducing. The crowd still doesn't seem like it's actually reacting to things that are happening. Etc.
Agreed. My biggest complaint is the lack of use of the ESPN license. I wish we'd get a little highlight show and that if you were playing a 1pm game all the other games would be simulated at the same time. I wish there was more of a emphasis on races for the awards and bowl positioning. Gimme a bowl selection show, an award presentation show and a weekly recap with announcements for the new BCS/Top 25 standings. And keep making the game feel like a college football event.
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Honestly, not much changed at least to me for this years game based on the demo. I will probably get it though, since I love NCAA 12.
So will I.
Old 06-30-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Admittedly, so will I. Kmart is doing a $20 coupon, so they will get my business.

the latest thing in the demo that seems worse than prior versions: the booth reviews have been laughably incorrect so far. My WR caught a pass with both feet almost hitting the grass on the other side of the sideline boundary - ruled complete. Meanwhile, the CPU had a clear TD (both feet down about 4 footsteps inside the endzone) and it was overruled and called out of bounds. Not sure if the graphics are quite in line with what the game is really sensing as "in bounds". Hopefully it won't be as bad as my son's Backyard Football game, where you are given a touchdown as soon as you cross the 2 yard line.
Old 07-01-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played a quick game last night. I liked the little things that I did see in the demo. More of a college feel leading into the game with the new intros. I liked the highlights between quarters and at the half. The tackling is more natural since there is no longer a tractor beam effect and I like how momentum plays a bigger role in the physics. My players were actually playing defense in the flats and I saw some switching off from one player to the next when they crossed into their zone. The opposing AI intercepted a couple of passes easilly while I struggled with three passes thrown right at my defenders. Also I saw some of that strange out of bounds when I had a TD called out of bounds even though my guy was well in the end zone. There was on time where my reciever caught the bal in the air and it was jarred loose by the defender when he came down. Booth said "FIRST DOWN!!!! He took a big hit and held on to it. " It was a 4th down and an incomplete pass.
Old 07-01-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am pleased to see the finally got the timing right on the ESPN wipe when it goes from gameplay to replay while you're playing.
Old 07-01-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I do admit that the tackling is much better, and as cruzness said, the physics are much better, as well. My RB got the snot knocked out of him by a charging LB and flew out of bounds. It looked exactly as it should.
Old 07-01-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might have to pass this year...
Old 07-01-11, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by madcougar
Might have to pass this year...
Too bad. The new dynasty features look great (and I will be running a PS3 dynasty)
Old 07-01-11, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If there was one feature I wish they would include, it would be the ability to have the main game engine on the hard drive. I think the game would run smoother if EA would allow that.
Old 07-03-11, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI, Best Buy has a 40% bonus trade in bonus if you pre-order this game. I've traded in online with Best Buy, but not in store. I have a few games I may like to unload though. Curious if Best Buy will take a game with the UPC scratched through it IN STORE.

Also, WalMart is offering a FREE Recruiting Advisor D/L, Kmart has the $20 thing also. Nothing from Amazon...boooo.
Old 07-07-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon just added a $20 pre-order credit.
Old 07-07-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

New dynasty features along with custom conferences features..as well as coaching carousel means this is a purchase for me.
Old 07-10-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So me and some of my buddies are continuing our Pac 10 (now Pac 12) online dynasty (Xbox 360) and I was tasked with gauging interest & doing some recruiting to try to get some more people that want to play.

Figured I would post on here and see if anyone was interested in joining. I made it 3 seasons myself before trading in NCAA to pick up Madden but I know the other guys kept it going for a while after that so we def are looking for people that would be able to get their weekly games (against the cpu) done in a timely matter and are interested enough to do their recruiting and just keep up with it in general. We have 7 right now and the following teams are already claimed.

Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State
Cal
USC
Arizona

Unclaimed Teams
Arizona State
Stanford
UCLA
Colorado
Utah

If anyone is interested in playing a online dynasty with one of the unclaimed teams either post here in the thread or send me a PM with your Xbox Live Gamertag & E-mail address. Can't wait to pick it up on Tues!

edit: * just a quick update, we have 7 confirmed & Arizona is now taken. I have replied back to those that sent me PM's

Last edited by Jam Master Jay; 07-11-11 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-12-11, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Anyone else planning on putting together a Dynasty league for the 360? Or any chance of outside team? I don't care about being in the PAC, at least I need to try and get my Sooners. I am on the fence on this one, but if I found a league (that is not full of kids with nothing to do but play this game) I would probably pull the trigger.
Old 07-12-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
Anyone else planning on putting together a Dynasty league for the 360? Or any chance of outside team? I don't care about being in the PAC, at least I need to try and get my Sooners. I am on the fence on this one, but if I found a league (that is not full of kids with nothing to do but play this game) I would probably pull the trigger.
I'm gonna have one. I have 4 ppl right now that are serious and don't let their teams just float. The only thing is that I might not have it for another week or so. We will be customizing conferences so we can all play eachother.
Old 07-12-11, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm thinking about picking this up -- would be my first football game in three years.

Though I still don't play much of anything other than Battlefield lately. So....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.