Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA Football 12.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: NCAA Football 12.

I picked it up, couldn't pass up that amazon deal. First NCAA game in 3 years.
Old 07-12-11, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
Same. I had $40 in Kmart credit about to expire so it was a no-brainer.
Old 07-12-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gonna join the PS3 Dynasty?
Old 07-12-11, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I'm thinking about picking this up -- would be my first football game in three years.

Though I still don't play much of anything other than Battlefield lately. So....
Old 07-12-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
You gonna join the PS3 Dynasty?
sure, when are you guys starting?
Old 07-12-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

sure, when are you guys starting?
Late July most likely once we get the better named rosters - check the link

NCAA 12 Dynasty PS3
Old 07-12-11, 02:37 PM

Mine came in the mail around noon today. I'm impressed (09 was my last NCAA game so keep it in perspective). Only played one game so far. The game play feels tight. I had a receiver get hit in the air and the ball flew out about 5 yards from the impact. I could see holes open for my running back, and I had an DE off balance chasing down the qb, when the qb moved quickly and I tried to move, I just stumbled and fell to the ground. Graphics look good. Varsity level is way to easy as the default. Have to move up a level.
Old 07-12-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
I'm gonna have one. I have 4 ppl right now that are serious and don't let their teams just float. The only thing is that I might not have it for another week or so. We will be customizing conferences so we can all play eachother.
Sounds pretty good. I have not played any football for a few years, but I am pumped for some NCAA. I won't have my copy until the weekend. I am not looking to log WoW hours into, but a few a week, and I will keep up even if it is like the PS3 league of 1-2 hours a week.
Old 07-12-11, 04:33 PM
Banned

WOW.this game is tough on offense, or BYU just sucks. Im a big Auburn fan but want to try out a smaller team and see how the coaches contract goes etc. Everytime I throw a slant pass or over the middle the LB jumps and tips it. running is smooth and I like the graphics/gameplay
Old 07-12-11, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by slcpunk
WOW.this game is tough on offense, or BYU just sucks. Im a big Auburn fan but want to try out a smaller team and see how the coaches contract goes etc. Everytime I throw a slant pass or over the middle the LB jumps and tips it. running is smooth and I like the graphics/gameplay
I agree. They definitely changed up the passing game. I think this year's is a step up but I've found even with "good" qbs it can be tough to pass. Liking the game so far.
Old 07-13-11, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought this anyway despite the lackluster demo.

I always just play Road to Glory until the rosters come out, so I was THRILLED to find that they cut all the micromanagement bullshit out of the game. No more going to class or the weight room or any of that crap to advance. On the flip side, a whole season of high school football? Really? Ugh. The playoffs were just fine.
Old 07-13-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
Sounds pretty good. I have not played any football for a few years, but I am pumped for some NCAA. I won't have my copy until the weekend. I am not looking to log WoW hours into, but a few a week, and I will keep up even if it is like the PS3 league of 1-2 hours a week.
Cool I won't have mine until Tues. I just bought it off Ebay I won and auction for a new sealed copy for $42.00 with free shipping.
Old 07-13-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cool I won't have mine until Tues. I just bought it off Ebay I won and auction for a new sealed copy for $42.00 with free shipping.
Cool, I figured it is best to wait a week at least to download the rosters anyway. I am getting my this weekend, trying to find 2 other friend/family buying a game this week so we can do the BB B2G1 sale, make it about $42.
Old 07-13-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Had my copy since yesterday morning about 10:15. I skipped last year so everything feels fresh and new to me. Loving it so far, doing Road to Glory mode. Thinking about trying to build up Rice.
Old 07-13-11, 09:44 PM
Banned

the offense is horrible. There were 2 seperate occasions where I had a TE wide open (no one 5 yards from him) in the secondary and the same with a reciever....2 different plays and the LB jumps out of nowhere and tips the pass? total BS and a good sign I rented and didnt buy
Old 07-14-11, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

agreed, probably my biggest gripe so far, the linebackers are just ridiculous. They bat down everything, and yeah it's most frustrating when the receiver is wide open 10-15 yards behind them. No QB would ever throw it so low that the LB could make a play on that ball. Anyway, my thoughts so far:

Positives
- physics (for the most part) are much improved. Tackling is very realistic. I had a WR on a post pattern get completely blasted by a free safety - it looked exactly as it should
- good to see the CPU doing some stuff outside of the same ol' same ol'. Mixing in more no huddle, fake punts, going for it on 4th down instead of punting from my 35.
- lots more pre-snap defensive adjustments by the CPU. Makes it more realistic
- overall in-game presentation is a lot better, makes it seem like an actual television broadcast (replays, updates)
- downfield blocking is much improved. O-Linemen actual look to block guys downfield instead of just running next to you ignoring the one defender that remains between you and the endzone

negatives
- CPU playcalling still uneven. I know some teams like to run, but they are down 10 with 2 minutes left, why would they call three straight running plays from their 40? Had another game against Ohio State where the CPU ran exactly three times the whole game.
- runners still seem like they are on ice skates, particularly on cut-backs
- still doesn't quite "feel" like college football, especially the sounds of the game. Where's the band in situations besides scoring a TD? Where's the drum corps playing while you're driving down the field? have they ever actually attended a college football game?
- long load times (360)
- I know EA has no fucking shame when it comes to blatant money grabs, but they are getting ridiculous with some of the "add-ons" they are charging for. I guess cheat codes are a thing of the past, they'll just charge you for that little boost you're looking for. Real shameful shit in a year when their biggest innovation is a bunch of pre-game crap that I'm gonna skip past anyway. We're like 2 years away from them charging extra for everything outside of playing an exhibition game ("wanna play a season? that'll be 400 XBox points to enable that feature").

super minor nitpicks:
- replays of passing plays usually show the football somehow repeatedly reversing it's spiral rotation. Funny to watch.
- after scoring a TD, I wish the playcall menu would default to the special teams playbook. Seems like it always used to just default to the PAT try, now you have to go digging through the playbook to get to it. Same with punting on fourth down
- watching CB's drop 8-9 easy interceptions per game gets old quickly
Old 07-14-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Can you not do local mulitplayer dynasties anymore? My friend picked it up and we couldn't figure out how. We don't want it to be online.
Old 07-14-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Thanks to the hard work of community member BigWY (PS3) and an unknown 360 editor, the first sets of NCAA Football 12 rosters are now available. As always, roster files are meant to be distributed freely and never paid for. Spread the word about FREE rosters to all of your friends and fellow NCAA Football community members.

Roster files can be downloaded via EA Locker, an in-game feature. You do NOT need to add these users to your friends list. How to get the rosters via EA Locker: From the game's main menu, click on Team Management > Roster Sharing > Download > Download (again). Continue on for full instructions on how to download rosters.

For the roster file, search for the following user ID within EA Locker:

PS3: gamingtailgate (Created by BigWY; Players Named & Coaches Edited)
Old 07-14-11, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daryl
negatives
- I know EA has no fucking shame when it comes to blatant money grabs, but they are getting ridiculous with some of the "add-ons" they are charging for. I guess cheat codes are a thing of the past, they'll just charge you for that little boost you're looking for. Real shameful shit in a year when their biggest innovation is a bunch of pre-game crap that I'm gonna skip past anyway. We're like 2 years away from them charging extra for everything outside of playing an exhibition game ("wanna play a season? that'll be 400 XBox points to enable that feature").

I have not picked it up, but what features are they charging for now?
Old 07-14-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Thanks to the hard work of community member BigWY (PS3) and an unknown 360 editor, the first sets of NCAA Football 12 rosters are now available. As always, roster files are meant to be distributed freely and never paid for. Spread the word about FREE rosters to all of your friends and fellow NCAA Football community members.

Roster files can be downloaded via EA Locker, an in-game feature. You do NOT need to add these users to your friends list. How to get the rosters via EA Locker: From the game's main menu, click on Team Management > Roster Sharing > Download > Download (again). Continue on for full instructions on how to download rosters.

For the roster file, search for the following user ID within EA Locker:

PS3: gamingtailgate (Created by BigWY; Players Named & Coaches Edited)
Well stated Sonny. I know that some of the guys that put together these rosters can put in a hundred hours of work into the first week of NCAA's release. I don't pay but I do contribute to some of their paypal accounts. (Gatorbait's and Blocko's in particular - since they do an incredible job)
Old 07-14-11, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
Cool, I figured it is best to wait a week at least to download the rosters anyway. I am getting my this weekend, trying to find 2 other friend/family buying a game this week so we can do the BB B2G1 sale, make it about $42.
Hey bud I accepted your FR last night. I have myself and 3 others that will be in the dynasty so feel free to bring whoever you like.

That goes for anyone else. If you wanna join lmk. Does anyone know what the max teams for the online dynasty are? I haven't played since the 09 game and don't remember.
Old 07-14-11, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

12 teams are the maximum for the online dynasties.
Old 07-14-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Can you not do local mulitplayer dynasties anymore? My friend picked it up and we couldn't figure out how. We don't want it to be online.
If anyone else is curious about this, I just found the answer on gamefaqs. You can but the option is buried.

"Create your coach first then advance to the preseason screen, go into edit coaches/coaching options and press RB/R1 to add a new coach/user."
Old 07-14-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cruzness
12 teams are the maximum for the online dynasties.
Thank you sir.
Old 07-14-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey bud I accepted your FR last night. I have myself and 3 others that will be in the dynasty so feel free to bring whoever you like.

That goes for anyone else. If you wanna join lmk. Does anyone know what the max teams for the online dynasty are? I haven't played since the 09 game and don't remember.
Sounds good. I don't know if I know anyone else buying this game atm. I have one friend that will get it, but you do not want to play him. He is one of those guys that will beat you 7-0, with you have the ball for 4 downs for the entire game, or 130-0 depending on his mood. I always tell him he needs to school those annoying Madden Tour guys. My preferred team is my own team, Oklahoma, but if someone has that claimed I can look into other schools.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.