DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Tomb Raider (a.k.a. Tomb Raider 9) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/584481-tomb-raider-k-tomb-raider-9-a.html)

rennervision 06-04-11 07:50 AM

Re: Tomb Raider (a.k.a. Tomb Raider 9)

I didn't see much tomb raiding.

boredsilly 06-04-11 02:04 PM

I've never gave a lick about Tomb Raider, but I like the direction this is going.

RocShemp 06-04-11 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon (Post 10801888)
You take Lara out of that trailer and add Drake and you would have an uncharted trailer, it's that good and that well choreographed

Not enough shooting for it to be a proper Uncharted trailer. ;)

starseed1981 06-06-11 09:14 AM

Looks like they are trying to make Uncharted with Lara Croft. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Traxan 06-06-11 11:48 AM

I have to wonder if they have gone too far in beating the shit out of Lara in this one. It's one thing to play soldier in CoD, but seeing a woman this bloody and hearing her scream in pain is going to put people off, especially female gamers. They will not like this.

Groucho 06-06-11 12:42 PM

Female gamers are too busy breeding sheep in Farmville.

Traxan 06-06-11 01:20 PM

Typical male attitude toward female gamers.

UncleGramps 06-06-11 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10804858)
Female gamers are too busy breeding sheep in Farmville.

Way to stereotype, Groucho! Many female gamers enjoy plenty of other games besides Farmville, such as Cooking Mama, Barbie Horse Adventures, and the Babyz series.

chuckd21 06-06-11 01:27 PM

I've never played more than 5 minutes of any Tomb Raider game, but this one has my interest. Love that moaning.

Michael Corvin 06-06-11 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 10805034)
Way to stereotype, Groucho! Many female gamers enjoy plenty of other games besides Farmville, such as Cooking Mama, Barbie Horse Adventures, and the Babyz series.

:lol: Gramps out Groucho'd Groucho.

Wick 06-10-11 11:20 PM

I've always had a hard time getting into the Tomb Raider series. I've rented them, purchased them and gave them a shot, but I just got bored quickly and would always put them down and never go back.

This one looks a lot better and interests me more. It looks beautiful and features better movement. Plus it's a reboot, so I hope they'll change quite a few things to make it a more polished experience.

RocShemp 08-09-11 02:37 PM

We have gameplay footage.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oBm-6jcGGHU?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Groucho 08-09-11 02:46 PM

Isn't that the same demo they played at E3?

RocShemp 08-09-11 02:50 PM

I believe so.

Liver&Onions 08-09-11 10:40 PM

That IS the demo from E3.

RocShemp 08-10-11 09:18 AM

So is that good? Bad? Neutral?

What's the big deal that it's the E3 demo? I don't see it posted anywhere in this thread.

Michael Corvin 05-25-12 03:28 PM

Apparently Crystal Dynamics just bumped this to Q1. :sad: I was really looking forward to playing it this fall.

RocShemp 05-25-12 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 11247121)
Apparently Crystal Dynamics just bumped this to Q1. :sad: I was really looking forward to playing it this fall.

As long as they take the extra development time to make the game even better, I'll gladly wait.

Osiris3657 05-27-12 03:46 AM

Good, I need more time to catch up on other shit. This and Bioshock Infinite being pushed back only help me get to my unplayed pile of shame.

alxreys 06-01-12 05:40 AM

Tomb Raider explores retail on March 5, 2013

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ol_-QGlwRqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"I hate tombs," Lara Croft groans in the latest trailer for Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider reboot. And you know what? For all the insanity that she goes through in the gameplay footage above, we're going to let Lara complain all she wants.

Earlier this month Square Enix announced it had delayed Tomb Raider to Q1 2013, leaving us hanging for a more definitive date. Now we have it. Lara will arrive at retail on March 5, 2013, for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Drexl 06-01-12 10:20 AM

This looks good, but what bugs me a little is that it just doesn't look like Lara Croft to me. They've updated the look several times, and this is the first time in which I've felt that it just doesn't look like her. I know she's supposed to be younger, but she looks like a different person.

If I had seen the trailer without the title, I probably would have wondered if this was about Lara's sister or cousin.

Michael Corvin 06-01-12 01:15 PM

Yep, looks awesome but she does look like a generic model that would live in a Capcom game.

RocShemp 06-01-12 06:14 PM

That looks fantastic. :drool:

I actually like the new design for Lara. I see just enough of the original (just a hint really) to make the connection while at the same time look completely new. That was undoubtedly a conscious decision.

mhg83 07-11-12 06:10 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lXD6VRSrUxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

taffer 07-11-12 07:18 PM

This game is such a rip off of Uncharted that its never going to get approved.