DmC: Devil May Cry 5 by Ninja Theory

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-12, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: DmC: Devil May Cry 5 by Ninja Theory

For me, the demo seems to be a mash of:

1. DMC 2 (Maps)
2. DMC 4 Abilities (fuse of both Dante/Nero)

For someone new to the series, the game will probably be an absolute blast.

I want DMC 5.
Old 01-14-13, 11:07 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

getting decent reviews thus far...

85.22% Overall with 18 reviews in.

8.0 @ GameSpot
8.9 @ IGN
Old 01-14-13, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot to give my thoughts on the demo. It was actually good. BUT...and it's a small one, I still don't care for this new look. It's not bad but it was a rather unneeded change for Dante and that world. BUT...maybe there's actually a pretty damn cool story to this and I like it. I'll get it when it's cheaper. I've too many games I still need to get done right now.
Old 01-14-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Didn't care for the demo - mostly due to the whole mechanic of closing off an area while you fight off a horde of baddies, then moving to the next are, another horde, rinse, repeat. I'm just over it. That whole process is so PS2.
Old 01-14-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Didn't care for the demo - mostly due to the whole mechanic of closing off an area while you fight off a horde of baddies, then moving to the next are, another horde, rinse, repeat. I'm just over it. That whole process is so PS2.
I have to say I felt the same way. The worst thing about the demo is that it felt too much like the same old Devil May Cry. The original teaser had me hoping that Ninja Theory were going for a radical departure. All they seem to have done is revise the character designs and character histories (to a lesser degree).
Old 01-14-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

And what's strange is that Bayonetta does that same thing, but it feels more fresh in that game and not nearly as stale as it does in this DMC.
Old 01-14-13, 02:07 PM
Banned

Probably cuz of the tits. Tits change things.

on a serious note: I do plan to get a Wii U at some point for when Bayonetta comes out. Loved the hell out of the 1st one.
Old 01-14-13, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is considering getting this, you may be interested in knowing that Best Buy is offering RE6 for $10 when purchased with it.
Old 01-14-13, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
And what's strange is that Bayonetta does that same thing, but it feels more fresh in that game and not nearly as stale as it does in this DMC.
Bayonetta "tricks" you into thinking it's different because of all the camera moves and how hyper kinetic it is. Although I never bothered to play any more of it fter my first PS3 died since I found the characters even more obnoxious than Dante throughout all the DMC games combined. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

But in terms of gameplay, I would have prefered this new game had built up on the liberties Bayonetta took with the DMC formula.
Old 01-24-13, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even though I've never played a DMC game before, I decided to pick this one up based on the good reviews and my love of Ninja Theory. I'm four missions in and I love it so far. The art style is fantastic, and the combat is really fun. I picked the medium difficulty level, but I'm wondering if I should switch to hard since it's not overly challenging yet. Is anyone else playing this? If so, what difficulty did you go with?
Old 01-31-13, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm surprised this game isn't getting more attention. I wrapped it up last night and thought it was fantastic overall. Its a really well done re-imagining of the franchise. Ninja Theory really scaled back the exploration / adventure aspect of the series and focused on the combat mechanics. I'd say that its among the most intensive action games I've played in quite awhile.

I also think that the story (supervised by Alex Garland (see The Beach, Dredd, Enslaved: Odyssey To The West)) was excellent. The art style is also excellent.

The only detraction I can make on this is really its price. For a 7 hour game $59.99 is a little steep. But if it were to hit $19.99 I think people will be really happy with it.

Also, I recommend playing on the hardest difficulty (nephilim) as it will entice you to use all your moves (I usually play everything on easy).
Old 05-28-13, 09:10 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was able to get a 19.99 steam code for DMC last week off of ebay. I downloaded over the weekend and I have completed a couple of missions. It is still too early for a legitimate opinion, but I have mixed emotions so far. I love the look and the combat seems good. However, I am hoping the game starts having less cut scenes. So far it seems to be cut scene after cut scene and a little bit of action. Does that get better? These types of games lose momentum when they are bogged down by story.
Old 12-15-14, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

'DmC: Definitive Edition' & 'Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition' Announced for the PS4 & Xbox One

Capcom and Ninja Theory have announced that the PS3/360/PC title, 'DmC,' will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One in the form of 'DmC: Definitive Edition.' The new version is promised with the list of upgrades below and is set for March 17th, 2015 at a price of $39.99. Apart from the visual upgrades, this new version offers a slew of difficulty chagnes, some to make the game easier, and several, like manual Target Lock, meant to offer a more classic difficulty.

<iframe width="660" height="371" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gh1VJHECxOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Developer Ninja Theory has put together a list of improvements present in the new version.

60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.

Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.

Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.

New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.

Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.

Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.

Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.

Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.

Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.

Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.

Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.

Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.

New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

Meanwhile, 'Devil May Cr4: Special Edition' will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One next summer. At the moment details about this new version are pretty slight.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...xbox-one/20052
Old 12-15-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

60fps
Old 12-15-14, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never got around to this on PS3, so I am excited to try this version.
Old 12-15-14, 04:48 PM
Banned

I absolutely hated the demo to the game and played the actual game for a bit to be left unimpressed. They'd have to really fix the combat to make it fucking good.
Old 12-15-14, 04:49 PM

i liked the demo enough to get this on 360. haven't played a lick yet, probably sell 360 and get this for One...
Old 12-15-14, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is one of those games that didn't interest me when it was first released, then I picked it up cheap a few months later and had a "Holy crap!" reaction. An incredibly fun game. I will buy the new version and play it again.
Old 12-17-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still have to play the 360 version.
Old 12-17-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 03-11-15, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

These Definitive Editions going to be a trend now?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t8Fv9dh8Jfk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, off to watch The Lost Boys.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-11-15 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-11-15, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

now?
Old 03-11-15, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Music
now?
I only know of Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. Unless you're counting the myriads of "Game of the Year" releases.
Old 03-11-15, 06:58 PM

a sucker is born every minute. the sucker be i for re-buying this on the One. i don't know why i have this pension to spend on a game i have on 360 (Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein, Halo's, Alien: Isolation) and never played, but always intended to. who cares, i love the Power of the One and this demo (360) blew me away and i need more action games for One or more games in general, sure that is how i will justify it...
Old 03-11-15, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I only know of Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. Unless you're counting the myriads of "Game of the Year" releases.
Metro, Saints Row, Dark Souls 2, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.