Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DmC: Devil May Cry 5 by Ninja Theory

Old 03-12-15, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: DmC: Devil May Cry 5 by Ninja Theory

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Metro, Saints Row, Dark Souls 2, etc.
Weren't most of those GOTY re-releases.? I know Metro Redux redid the graphics engine (I forgot about those two). But I don't recall Saints Row doing anything beyond bundling the DLC, like a typical GOTY re-release.
Old 03-12-15, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm pretty sure all of those games look better than the last gen versions (except I remember that Sleeping Dogs had some pretty big issues). So I would call them the "Definitive Editions." Diablo 3 would be another example. And soon enough, I'm sure we will see Gears of War and Uncharted collections.
Old 03-12-15, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't forget Mass Effect.
Old 08-06-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

[360]

DMC>DMC1+DMC2+DMC3+DMC4

this game is awesome, had so much fun completing it. Love the story (last chapter but ] and the characters overall and the level designs and styles I really liked. The weapons are cool [felt like a badass] and It's great that you can respec your upgrades easily back and forth. And this DANTE is a badass compared to OG DANTE and fucking NERO ... and KAT is awesome.

Devil Trigger, loved the original better.
Old 12-09-18, 07:55 PM
Inane Thread Master

I just started this and think it’s fucking awesome. Simple hack and slash, but a little depth and platforming and g-damn does it look fantastic. Already preordered 5.
Did’t Garland write some movies, like the fabulous Sunshine and Ex Machina, directed that too...

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-09-18 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-09-18, 10:11 PM
Inane Thread Master

Anyone have any further thoughts on this game? Doesn’t seem many played posts and wanted to see others’ thoughts and experiences...

Btw: this first play of a DmC game. I know this is revamp and different, somewhat to old ones, think I have that collection too. Only played few minutes of, I think 2, on Playststion 2, way back when, before I sold games and system bc I think believe it or not I hated that PS2 didn’t have wireless controllers like Wavebird for GameCube. It bothered me so much, I got rid of it all. But, I wanted to play other games that Nintendo didn’t have. I have the game app and controller to play on tv, but don’t think as responsive or fluid as through a console and gave up on that though I want to play God of War, that adventure guy one (name escapes me now) All I remember of that is melee, shooting, follow path and grab orbs on DMC2. Was frenetic as is this and future games, but different. This incarnation is so enjoyable, but I forgot how to change Dante’s outfit. I accidentally made him dark Dante or something and would rather original character in this game. Seems to fit better than former Dante’s looks...

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-09-18 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-09-18, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Devil May Cry 5 in the title is a bit misleading since the latest game is actually called that. Almost thought the thread was about the latest game except it said Ninja Theory, lol.

For whatever reason I never got around to playing DmC despite buying it. I beat 1-3 shortly after their initial release, but then didn't buy 4 until later and ended up never completing it out of boredom with the game... so maybe that's why I just never got around to DmC. Definitely been meaning to check it out, but damn time is always so tight and other stuff seems to take priority always. But I'll prob hold off on purchasing DMC5 until I get around to playing DmC.
Old 12-10-18, 08:56 AM
Inane Thread Master

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
The Devil May Cry 5 in the title is a bit misleading since the latest game is actually called that. Almost thought the thread was about the latest game except it said Ninja Theory, lol.

For whatever reason I never got around to playing DmC despite buying it. I beat 1-3 shortly after their initial release, but then didn't buy 4 until later and ended up never completing it out of boredom with the game... so maybe that's why I just never got around to DmC. Definitely been meaning to check it out, but damn time is always so tight and other stuff seems to take priority always. But I'll prob hold off on purchasing DMC5 until I get around to playing DmC.
do yourself a favor and play DmC. i am having a shit ton of fun and it just looks so f-in pretty...
Old 12-16-18, 04:25 PM
Inane Thread Master

while fun as hell, there seems to be sparse enemies and lost souls i can't find. i get D's on all my skill points and kills when i complete a mission, but there are so few enemies on every mission thus far. 6, i think i am on. a couple bosses, but really lagging in the pop up enemy dept. And pretty easy, even 2 bosses i faced.
anyone else find this to be the case?

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-16-18 at 04:33 PM.