Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Medal of Honor (360/PS3/Wii/PC: 10/12/10)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Medal of Honor (360/PS3/Wii/PC: 10/12/10)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-10, 04:29 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Re: Medal of Honor (360/PS3/Wii/PC: 10/12/10)

Originally Posted by uteotw
Also I hate driving the four-wheeler.
I hate vehicle levels in shooter games. The controls always suck.

But I had a better time on the 2nd runthrough. First game I was halfway on the gas and bouncing all over the place. The next time, I was going full throttle and it was a much smoother ride.
Old 10-15-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just ran into my first game ending glitch. It happened in the mission Belly Of The Beast

Spoiler:
When you're defending yourself from the 100s of Taliban at the end of the level, a couple guys start a truck and plow it right at your holding spot. Turns out I was killed by the impact, and the checkpoint save loads RIGHT AS I'M DYING. I had the game looping for a couple minutes with no control. Level loads, I die, rinse repeat. Super pissed, because this was an annoying level.
Old 10-15-10, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

OK make that 2 game ending glitches in the same fucking level. I'm playing the same mission, where you got to suppress that DShK gun while your squad takes care of the ground enemies. So anybody who's played this already knows you're probably going to kill 7-8 guys manning the gun before the next checkpoint. Well, the guy using the gun in my load is invisible. Yep, i've pumped 100s of rounds into him. I've even ran all the way to the bottom of his tower, pulled out my pistol and shot him point blank, and the bullets go right through him.

Fuck this game for tonight. No way i'm playing this same level 3 times in a row.
Old 10-15-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

See my earlier post about the DShK level. If you're shooting anywhere near the machine gun tent and the suppress icon fails to appear then the level is hosed and you need to start over. You don't actually need to shoot the gunner to get the icon to appear. Glad I finished this dog and already sold and sent it off.
Old 10-16-10, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I hate vehicle levels in shooter games. The controls always suck.

But I had a better time on the 2nd runthrough. First game I was halfway on the gas and bouncing all over the place. The next time, I was going full throttle and it was a much smoother ride.
yeah, It does feel weird that when you let off the gas you stop instantly and not slowly come to a stop. Takes the realism instantly out of that scene which was well done other then the odd controls
Old 10-16-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Finished it but with another annoying glitch along the way, in the long cave, guy wouldn't advance and I couldn't go past a certain point, like there was some invisible wall. Had to retry it 3x and try a different route each time. For an overhyped, super-short game, this sure had a ridiculous amount of bugs. Really fun at parts but definitely not a keeper~
Old 10-16-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the not impressed column!

The amount of times I had to get back and wait for something to happen was just silly. The quad bike thing was just a waste of time and I couldn't believe how bad some of the graphics were.
That bit were you are sneaking up to the goat herder and the goats just look like smudges. Everyone still looks and runs like they are running Counterstrike.

Also, was it a rule that nearly everytime you were in a helicopter it got shoot down?! It just seemed like the same mission again and again. Just fight loads of terrorists that keep coming at you.

And for all the stuff the developers were talking about speaking to "Tier 1" operatives it just felt like a normal shooter. No mission was really that cool or felt like it was something that had never been covered before. And that ending was just terrible.

Thank God this is not being sold on armed forces bases. They are fighting for our freedom and this is the best we can do with it.

Only good thing is I can still get a good trade in price for this ready for Black Ops.
Old 10-16-10, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow...I just finished the game and yes....that was very short. I had it set on the hardest level and still breezed thru the game. There are times when people say a game was short...I really believe after this title people will not be complaining as much with this to compare to in the future. The ending left me feeling like I just wasted the last few hours I spent playing through the game. There are better things to watch and play then this game. What a shame. Electronic Arts should be ashamed releasing this title as it is especially with all of the bugs...glitches.
Old 10-18-10, 02:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Finished it last night - and honestly I didn't feel like I was 'near the end' of the game at all. All of a sudden a movie takes over and that's it. It was kind of lack luster.

There were tons of enemies - I though it was an advancing glitch, that they would just keep spawning until I moved up enough.

It was a quick game, but I like quick games - I work and only can play for an hour or so each night.. so it took 5 hrs or so to beat the game on Hard. ehh..

Does this game have any mini ops games like MW2? I read that Tier 1 mode is a timed mode and if you die you restart the game

Pros: The AI is good - there were times I would just hide in cover, and they would clear the board. The game is quick, I've never pulled off more head shots in my life.. I could hit a fly off the Statue of Liberty's nose from NJ on this game. The graphics didn't bother me, and the story was easier to follow than some of the COD ones.

Cons: The ATV Driving (like 15 minutes of driving), Would be cool if the Tier 1 guys had a commentary about the level you just played, bugs (it saved when I died - and I was a ghost).
Old 10-18-10, 03:38 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Tried Tier 1 after I beat the campaign to just try get a TAD more value out of it, and yes, if you die once, you go back to the beginning. The only one I tried I was 25 minutes in, almost at the very end, got hit by a rocket launcher and went back to start. That's supposed to be fun how exactly?

And I agree the end came abruptly, nothing very epic. I did like the uphill (literally) battles and the caves. Still, not enough to make up for the brevity and glitches. Mine's already sold & gone.
Old 10-19-10, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ign.com is way off base with their 6.0 score. I feel gamespot.com had a more accurate review with the 7.5 they scored it. Still....this game is a rental right now with the $60.00 price tag. Down the road I may pick this up again for around $20.00....that is a big maybe. The only thing that did not leave me feeling ripped off was the fact I ordered this thru Amazon and received my $20.00 gaming credit. I quickly finished the game....then flipped it on ebay for $35.99. Amazon is offering $32.00 trade value for those who do not want to waste their time with ebay.
Old 10-20-10, 08:03 AM

I started this game just yesterday and I am throughly enjoying it despite its negative reviews. IMO this is totally worth the $60 from Amazon.com, two sets of trophies, two games averaging 5+ hours each (name a war game that lasts 5 hours let along 10 these days?) and a $20 game credit.

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones but my game hasn't glitched on me once, but then again when I started the game up the first time it asked me to download an update that might've smoothed out those glitches.
Old 10-20-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most people I know have already quit playing until they address some serious issues.

Of course by then it will be too late and Black Ops will be out. You would think they would have at least fixed the issues from BC2.
Old 10-20-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I love the single player but this is going to ebay the minute I finish it.
Old 10-20-10, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by djones6746
Ign.com is way off base with their 6.0 score. I feel gamespot.com had a more Amazon is offering $32.00 trade value for those who do not want to waste their time with ebay.
Thanks!! I just printed out the trade in shipping label from Amazon.

I bought it from them for $60, got a $20 credit, and now I will get another $32 credit:

So net $8 for 5-6 hrs of game play (not bad)

I'll use my $52 credit for black opps.
Old 10-20-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm keeping this sucker. I'm loving the single player and look forward to playing through Frontlines some day.
Old 10-20-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I'm keeping this sucker. I'm loving the single player and look forward to playing through Frontlines some day.
Do I need the disk to play Frontline? I thought it got downloaded to my system.
Old 10-20-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sauce07
Do I need the disk to play Frontline? I thought it got downloaded to my system.
yes
Old 10-20-10, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Thanks!! I just printed out the trade in shipping label from Amazon.

I bought it from them for $60, got a $20 credit, and now I will get another $32 credit:

So net $8 for 5-6 hrs of game play (not bad)

I'll use my $52 credit for black opps.
That is how I looked at it.....I was only out a few dollars so I did not feel ripped off with my purchase. Some games are worth paying $40.00-$60.00....this game is not one of those games. Not even close....$20.00 would be my buy price for this game in the future should I decide to pick it up again. There is a good chance I will not.
Old 10-20-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
This is not worth keeping just for Frontlines. Frontlines was good for its time but I truly believe you will not like Frontlines here in 2010. I still have my Frontlines PS2 game and most recently played through part of it earlier this year. Stopped playing as I got bored with the long missions in some areas and the lack of any checkpoints in these areas. There is not enough to make you want to keep restarting these areas all over again. Once again...I believe you will be disappointed with Frontlines. I would sell the disc...get your maximum trade or sale value right now because this disc will not hold it's value long. If you still want it bad enough sometime next year then you can pick it up very cheap.
Old 10-21-10, 03:30 AM

I just finished the game now. I really enjoyed it, don't know why most people are so down on it. What's not to like about fighting endless amounts of enemy, and really it wasn't as short as people are saying it is? I haven't played Bad Company 2 so I cant compare it to that but IMO this game is better than Modern Warfare 1 and 2.

Originally Posted by djones6746
Frontlines was good for its time but I truly believe you will not like Frontlines here in 2010.
To be honest, I loved playing Frontline again and I'll be playing through it again soon. I'll probably play different levels of the new MoH game, but I'll play Frontline from the start. That game to me still holds up to this day.
Old 10-21-10, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JHBulls
I just finished the game now. I really enjoyed it, don't know why most people are so down on it. What's not to like about fighting endless amounts of enemy, and really it wasn't as short as people are saying it is? I haven't played Bad Company 2 so I cant compare it to that but IMO this game is better than Modern Warfare 1 and 2.

To be honest, I loved playing Frontline again and I'll be playing through it again soon. I'll probably play different levels of the new MoH game, but I'll play Frontline from the start. That game to me still holds up to this day.
The best part of the game(Frontlines) is the beginning...love playing it at the start. Probably one of the most chaotic moments in video game history!!!

As far as being short.....it is very short compared to Battlefield Bad Company 2...even the Call of Duty games. Medal Of Honor had one thing going for it.....DICE!!!! Their in game weaponry(except for the RPG Launcher which was a joke..not sure who allowed that to pass inspection during the development of this game)was pretty decent...sound effects were very nice. Where Medal Of Honor goes very wrong for me is in it's presentation and story. The actual in-game fighting is very good but you need more than that to make a video game great. I said it before....IGN was off basis with their 6.0 but I can understand why some would give it a low rating. Gamespot.com was more on target with their 7.5 rating. Play Battlefield Bad Company 2 and you will understand why people are complaining so much about Medal Of Honor.

I also disagree with you on the Modern Warfare games. Modern Warfare 1 is a much better all around game and MW2 beats out MOH due to a better presentation and story. IMO...

Last edited by djones6746; 10-21-10 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-21-10, 05:19 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Here's a pretty brutal review of the remastered MOH Frontline:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ter-blog-entry

Is this a real exclusive or will it eventually show up on XBL?
Old 10-21-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I still haven't played the game but I really dig Ramin Djawadi's score: http://www.ea.com/music/medal-of-honor-2010-soundtrack
Old 10-21-10, 09:47 AM

WTF is up with this game wanting my e-mail address and a password in order for me to play multiplayer and Tier 1 mode???

I buy the game.. but they want me to register with EA in order to play the game I just paid for???

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.