DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption 2 —> 10/26/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/578467-red-dead-redemption-2-%97-10-26-18-a.html)

Why So Blu? 02-15-22 05:27 PM

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 —> 10/26/18

Finally beat the game in story mode and it took me about 3 1/2 weeks to do. Awesome ass game and according to my save data I'm still only 85% complete, so I figure the rest are side missions and item recovery stuff that I never finished.

I guess I'm going to explore and see if I can knockout a couple of these quests before I move on to another game. Man, Sadie Adler was badass.

OldBoy 02-18-22 09:41 AM

is this one as addicting as the first, once you get passed the sludge of an intro?

Why So Blu? 02-18-22 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14061734)
is this one as addicting as the first, once you get passed the sludge of an intro?

I thought so. If you're a fan then you're a fan.

Goldberg74 06-28-23 03:16 PM

For what it's worth... looks like RDR got re-rated in South Korea so folks are speculating a remastered version of this game might be announced/released soon.

Not sure if it would a remaster for PS5 and Xbox or a port for the Switch.

GoVegan 06-28-23 03:51 PM

Ooh, nice. I loved RDR2, but haven't played the first game yet (or Red Dead Revolver, which I realize is barely related).

K&AJones 09-20-23 08:21 PM

Interesting reveal after the Leaked Docs.....which according to them M.S thought the Remastered would be out October 2022.....and as yet per article, no-one even knows if at all it's still in the works which is a crying shame......

https://www.psu.com/news/red-dead-re...-case-document

OldBoy 09-20-23 08:32 PM

I’m still intimidated in going full throttle into this game. I don’t know why either. Maybe the sludge of an opening. I don’t think I got that far. But, I loved the shit out of the first. Only game I have ever and will ever 100% in my life. So, yeah I loved it. Tried to start it up again, but after playing so much I was still just burnt out and couldn’t get going. Maybe I’ll get to this one day. I hope to give it a real shot anyway.

Noonan 09-21-23 07:35 AM

I tried giving this game a second chance earlier this year. I was hoping the issues I had with it the first time were things I could look past. Got through the prologue and to camp. Was just exploring the world and got caught in a gun fight with some randoms. I survived but they killed my horse. No fast travel available and I was in the middle of nowhere. Only option I knew of was to literally walk back to camp or a train station. That was the end of my 2nd chance playthrough. :lol:

Runaway 09-22-23 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14325342)
I tried giving this game a second chance earlier this year. I was hoping the issues I had with it the first time were things I could look past. Got through the prologue and to camp. Was just exploring the world and got caught in a gun fight with some randoms. I survived but they killed my horse. No fast travel available and I was in the middle of nowhere. Only option I knew of was to literally walk back to camp or a train station. That was the end of my 2nd chance playthrough. :lol:

The walking back from remote places, has always been a problem with GTA and RDR, that's why I loved the way GTA5 handled it. You could just switch to another character.

nickdawgy 09-23-23 02:51 AM

You guys are missing out by giving up so easily.

K&AJones 09-23-23 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14325342)

Funny thing is, I never really completed the actual story...got the game after some friends did, got to the point where it opened up coop and never went back....because the coop part was way to fun doing all the quests and side stuff.......this is another great, fun, solid past game that has crept into our conversations about Returning to Games of Past....Fallout 76(getting a huge DLC Pack in December) and Elder Scrolls Online with a huge update to improvements and new 2-Player Dungeon coming soon......I know the first one was awesome but frankly RD2 should've got the Remastered/Upgrade for Nex Gen, ....