Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Always get a thumbs up from me when they add more hair metal!
Old 04-20-12, 09:16 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Shagrath

Agreed

I'm in for all 3. Though I would have preferred Gypsy Road, Shake Me, or Somebody Save Me over Shelter Me. But still
Old 04-20-12, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100% Agree! I'll always take more tunes from the 80s (and early 90s, in this case.)

Even though I haven't purchased a ton of DLC in the past 2 months, I appreciate Harmonix mixing it up for all the RB folks. (Now let's get some more 80s pop in the next few weeks!)
Old 04-20-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah. Shelter Me was the only one I didn't recognize right away. I never had any Cinderella albums or anything growing up.
Old 04-20-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My three song guesses for Rock Band Blitz:

1. Dick Dale - Miserlou (RBB is a great opportunity to sneak a couple of instrumentals into the library)
2. Ram Jam - Black Betty
3. Reel Big Fish - Beer

I have no idea how tie-breakers work, so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say 4.
Old 04-20-12, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Yeah. Shelter Me was the only one I didn't recognize right away. I never had any Cinderella albums or anything growing up.
Not familiar with this song either. Would have liked Shake Me since it's a little harder edged than the other two, which are almost power ballads.
Old 04-20-12, 10:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In for the pack, but would have rather had Gypsy Road, Coming Home, or Bad Seamstress Blues. Hopefully there will be a second pack.
Old 04-20-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You people pining for specific Cinderella songs that are missing, you can always pick those in the RBB guessing game!
Old 04-20-12, 11:04 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Vryce
I'm in for all 3. Though I would have preferred Gypsy Road, Shake Me, or Somebody Save Me over Shelter Me. But still
I'm happy to have the Cinderella pack, although I also would have included Shake Me. I still think that "Nobody's Fool" would have worked better in the Valentine pack. Now where is Dokken and the Scorpions?!
Old 04-20-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blitz guesses

Kinks - Lola
Adele - Rumour Has It
Katy Perry/Snoop Dogg - California Girls
Old 04-20-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Amator
I have no idea how tie-breakers work, so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say 4.
Basically it's just a guess of how many songs you think the group as a whole will get right. The tiebreaker is calculated by whoever is closer to the total number of correct guesses.

Say Harmonix loves me very much and RBF's Beer and Flagpole Sitta's "Flagpole Sitta" are both in this game, then you and DJLinus would be tied with 3 points each.

Let's say that our group gets 5 correct guesses, then your tiebreaker of 4 is closer to 5 than DJLinus's tiebreaker of 3, so you'd be above in the final rankings.

There's no real point in it other than that and maybe showing how excited you are for everyone's guesses as a whole.

Speaking of tiebreakers... Brooklyn, do you have one? I have no tiebreaker guesses seeded as 2000 so that's pretty far off the potential

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Blitz guesses

Kinks - Lola
Adele - Rumour Has It
Katy Perry/Snoop Dogg - California Girls
Old 04-20-12, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PerryD
I'm happy to have the Cinderella pack, although I also would have included Shake Me. I still think that "Nobody's Fool" would have worked better in the Valentine pack. Now where is Dokken and the Scorpions?!
I would prefer Dokken and the Scorpions. Anybody who knows me, I love hair metal. But Cinderella is one of my least favorite hair metal bands. Can I sing it? Sure...do I want to? I dunno. It's been a long time since I've listened to them, maybe my opinion has softened some. It's an oxymoron, but they are actually too whiney, even for me.
Old 04-20-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.rockbandaide.com/15995/ha...east-questions

How much has the Facebook app impacted DLC decision making?

There have been some real surprises in the Facebook app. There are obviously a ton of no brainers high up on that list that we’ve been in talks with for years, or artists that we knew were hugely popular in the community, but there have also been a few dark horses that have prompted us to take another look at our DLC pipeline. When Three Days Grace hit #11 on the Dashboard, we doubled down on production of tracks that we already had in house so we could release them as quickly as possible. There were some higher charting bands that I had never heard of before that we started looking at for potential DLC releases. Some bands and genres had such strong showings that we even started talking about what we could incorporate into the RB Blitz soundtrack. There are still no guarantees that we’ll be able to license bands based on where they appear on the Dashboard, but it has definitely had an impact on how we approach RB DLC.
Old 04-20-12, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Speaking of tiebreakers... Brooklyn, do you have one?
I'll go with 2
Old 04-26-12, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Being that today is the 18-month anniversary of Rock Band 3's release, I thought it might be interesting to re-score the guessing game we did: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...W1PR1pwVkFjdlE

As you can see, there's now two copies of the scoreboard. We, as a group, went from 4 correct guesses to an astounding 21! I think I got everything correct in this, but if you see something wrong let me know. I still gave 1 point for each artist to have content released after RB3's release, even if they were in the game prior to. Like Rush has had Subdivisions and 2112 come after RB3 so Imprint got an extra point for his guess.

We even had an RBN pick with Hokeyboy's "Pac-Man Fever". I wasn't sure if this should strictly count, but I did anyway.

We now have a 5-way tie for first place with 2 perfect picks each. If I had to guess, I'd say Suprmallet is the most likely to get all 3 because "Don't You (Forget About Me)" feels like a serious omission at this point.
Old 04-26-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of the HMX devs gave some info aout how RB:Blitz is going to handle the cross-compatibility.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...=1#post4718855

Blitz, the game, will come as a single Arcade/PSN download with a few trial songs included, and all the trial/full infrastructure in place.

All the Blitz songs will be delivered as a separate package which can be downloaded only after the full game is purchased. After this package is downloaded they will appear as standard RB3 format DLC on the console.
So basically we're going to have some songs "double-dipped", as the ones included in the RB:B executable will have to be there (for the trial). The others will just get downloaded into your RB3 folder, and then anything you download from the RB:B Marketplace will just go into the RB3 folder as well.
Old 04-26-12, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll take that as a W in my column. #smartestmanalive
Old 04-26-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Being that today is the 18-month anniversary of Rock Band 3's release, I thought it might be interesting to re-score the guessing game we did: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...W1PR1pwVkFjdlE

As you can see, there's now two copies of the scoreboard. We, as a group, went from 4 correct guesses to an astounding 21! I think I got everything correct in this, but if you see something wrong let me know. I still gave 1 point for each artist to have content released after RB3's release, even if they were in the game prior to. Like Rush has had Subdivisions and 2112 come after RB3 so Imprint got an extra point for his guess.

We even had an RBN pick with Hokeyboy's "Pac-Man Fever". I wasn't sure if this should strictly count, but I did anyway.

We now have a 5-way tie for first place with 2 perfect picks each. If I had to guess, I'd say Suprmallet is the most likely to get all 3 because "Don't You (Forget About Me)" feels like a serious omission at this point.
I would've had one if I wasn't persuaded to change my pick of "Big Bang Baby" based on there already being an STP song announced for RB3.
Old 04-26-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ha, I'm actually tied for first at something. Scary. Refresh my memory, what does Spot-On refer to?
Old 04-26-12, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nothing now. It was the tie-breaker, but it's rendered irrelevant based on the time that has elapsed.
Old 04-27-12, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

DLC for 5/1:

Hey gang,

On May 1st, Harmonix releases single tracks from three different artists, spanning over 30-years of chart-topping music!

First up is Eddie Money’s well-known hit “Two Tickets to Paradise,” from the singer/songwriter’s self-titled 1977 debut record. Train’s Grammy-winning single “Drops of Jupiter,” from the band’s 2001 album of the same name, will also be available. Rounding out this broad musical selection is pop-punk band Yellowcard’s infectious “Only One,” the third single off of 2003’s Ocean Avenue!

Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades will be available for “Two Tickets to Paradise” and “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me).”

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 1st, 2012):

* Eddie Money – “Two Tickets to Paradise” O X

* Train – “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)” O X

* Yellowcard – “Only One” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. For more information on the temporary interruption in new DLC releases on SCEE please click here.**
Old 04-27-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Excellent diversity this week. Two Tickets, finally!

Too bad it came out after the 18-month anniversary, Kelkee
Old 04-27-12, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

The name of the song is, and always has been, "Drops of Jupiter", from the album Drops of Jupiter. I hate when people add their own parenthetical subtitles to a song title -- especially one where the song title actually appears in the song's lyrics. #petpeeves
Old 04-27-12, 09:18 AM

Great to see Eddie Money finally in Rock Band! And I'm pleased with the Train tune, as well.

I'm a big fan of singles weeks. Personally, I'd take a DLC singles week a couple of times a month. It increases the chance of me buying music I actually like (even if it creates a lack of depth for artists...I can deal with that.)
Old 04-27-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
The name of the song is, and always has been, "Drops of Jupiter", from the album Drops of Jupiter. I hate when people add their own parenthetical subtitles to a song title -- especially one where the song title actually appears in the song's lyrics. #petpeeves
#thisisnttwitter

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.