Reload this Page >

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Old 03-10-12, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Amberian Dawn seems pretty happy with the DLC model.
Old 03-12-12, 05:13 PM

I'd go for a XBLA RB shell, though I hope it would also mean more than 3 songs a week. And hopefully from bands not on Nickelback's Pandora station.

I just picked up the keyboard finally ($33.50 at Amazon for 360), any must-have DLC? I have some Queen and Coldplay but know I could do better.
Old 03-12-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by neocheddar02
I just picked up the keyboard finally ($33.50 at Amazon for 360), any must-have DLC?
The Anamanaguchi song is ridiculously fun to play on keys. Yes and Billy Joel are more obvious suggestions beyond the ones you mentioned, and those are a lot of fun too.
Old 03-12-12, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just picked up the keyboard finally ($33.50 at Amazon for 360), any must-have DLC? I have some Queen and Coldplay but know I could do better.
Haven't played them myself, but I would imagine the Billy Joel and Stevie Wonder packs would be pretty indispensable on keys.
Old 03-12-12, 06:04 PM

Checked out the Anamanaguchi song on Youtube; looks like a blast. And I suddenly feel the urge to finish the Scott Pilgrim game. I'll take a look at the other Billy Joel songs. I have Piano Man and am vaguely familiar with a few others. Oh, and I already have some Yes so I'll be ready to rock.

Also, OT, but I didn't realize 'We Didn't start the Fire' by Billy Joel was the tune Dwight sings in the episode of The Office where Ryan starts a fire (Ryan started the fire!)
Old 03-13-12, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go for a XBLA RB shell, though I hope it would also mean more than 3 songs a week. And hopefully from bands not on Nickelback's Pandora station.

If you want to pull your hair out, pick up the Yes DLC.
Old 03-13-12, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Checked out the Anamanaguchi song on Youtube; looks like a blast. And I suddenly feel the urge to finish the Scott Pilgrim game. I'll take a look at the other Billy Joel songs. I have Piano Man and am vaguely familiar with a few others. Oh, and I already have some Yes so I'll be ready to rock.

Also, OT, but I didn't realize 'We Didn't start the Fire' by Billy Joel was the tune Dwight sings in the episode of The Office where Ryan starts a fire (Ryan started the fire!)
I... I just... I can't...
Old 03-13-12, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 695 Likes on 429 Posts

I won't!
Old 03-16-12, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DLC for 3/20:

Hey gang,

With their catchy hooks and off-beat sense of humor, Australia’s Men at Work became a huge success in the ‘80s. One of their best known tracks, “Down Under” – the second single from 1981’s Business as Usual – became a number one hit on the U.S. Billboard charts in the year of its release. The Aussie band found similar success with 1983’s album Cargo, and their second single off the record, “Overkill.” Both tracks come to the Rock Band Music Store on March 20th.

Finding his first success in the late ‘60s, guitarist Carlos Santana is nothing short of a legend. His band Santana returned to mainstream success in 1999 with their album, Supernatural, thanks in no small part to the hit single “Smooth.” A collaboration with Matchbox Twenty’s Rob Thomas, the single rocketed to the top of worldwide charts and won three Grammy Awards, including one for “Song of the Year.” This certified platinum single comes to Rock Band next week, with an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (March 20th, 2012):

* Men at Work – “Down Under” O
* Men at Work – “Overkill” O

* Santana – “Smooth” O X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 21st)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
Old 03-16-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Totally in for some M@W! Wanted better Santana...
Old 03-16-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Okay, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm psyched to play Smooth. One of my favorite pop songs of recent years and with some good guitar solos.
Old 03-16-12, 09:24 AM

Great week for party songs. Day one purchase for me. Can't really complain that HMX isn't going for the hits, that's for sure. Keep going with the 80s stuff, RB dudes!

Also, I am really excited for the new game news. Yeah, I expect it to be more of an overshell sort of game/addition...but I'd be even more jazzed if there was some sort of new group of songs also incorporated into it...I guess we'll find out during their livestream before Pax East.
Old 03-16-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice getting all three songs! Pretty soon my friends and I will never have to go out for karaoke.
Old 03-16-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
Okay, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm psyched to play Smooth. One of my favorite pop songs of recent years and with some good guitar solos.
I listened to it again now and I forgot that I actually dig it. I think it will be fun to play and should be a pretty decent draw at one of my fabled RB parties.
Old 03-16-12, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Men At Work! Awesome.
Old 03-16-12, 11:21 AM

In for Smooth (great vocals and guitar play), and Down Under (lovely 80's style song and very fun lyrics). Good stuff.
Old 03-17-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Smooth is great. I'm not an M20 fan but it always struck me as odd that they were never in RB.
Old 03-18-12, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
In for Smooth (great vocals and guitar play), and Down Under (lovely 80's style song and very fun lyrics). Good stuff.
Mebee Overkill too, I forgot how good the song was.
Old 03-20-12, 06:41 PM
Suspended

Selling all my 360 stuff, have a few old guitars - a wired Xplorer, wireless Les Paul, and a wireless one from I believe World Tour. They work fine - worth anything?

How about my mic/drums from RB1?
Old 03-20-12, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Xplorer is probably worth a bit, as it was the only wired guitar ever released for 360.
Old 03-23-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

everyone else busy today?

Known for their catchy melodies and hard rocking riffs, Florida-based band Shinedown first hit the scene in early-2000s. In 2008, the band’s popularity grew with their successful third album, The Sound of Madness, which produced a string of hit singles. Two of these tracks, “Second Chance” and “The Crow and the Butterfly,” will come to the Rock Band Music Store on Tuesday, March 27th!

Shinedown’s long-awaited fourth studio album, Amaryllis, hits shelves on March 27th. “Bully,” the first single off of the record, has already made its mark on the Billboard charts, and hits the Music Store as part of the “Sounds of Shinedown Pack.”

An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for “Second Chance,” the band’s most successful single to date, will also be available.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (March 27th, 2012):

• Shinedown – “Second Chance” O X
• Shinedown – “The Crow and the Butterfly” O
• Shinedown – “Bully” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 28th)

("Bully" will be delayed on PS3 in the US and should be available on 4/10. This should not affect the availability of the Shinedown pack on the PS3.)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Sounds of Shinedown Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
Old 03-23-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

This marks the first time RB DLC has made me feel old because I don't know who or what a Shinedown is. Usually I at least know of the artists, if not actually heard their music, but I'm drawing a blank here.
Old 03-23-12, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
This marks the first time RB DLC has made me feel old because I don't know who or what a Shinedown is. Usually I at least know of the artists, if not actually heard their music, but I'm drawing a blank here.
You must not have that great of a memory, because Shinedown has previous DLC from a few years back.
Old 03-23-12, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yuck. No thanks.
Old 03-23-12, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Finally D/Led Smooth, a lot harder vocal than I thought it would be. The chorus is easy but the first verse in particular has this weird tone to it. Hopefully with practice I'll get it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.