Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Old 10-13-10, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Originally Posted by Shagrath View Post
Free pack will be free.

The 9-pack will be whatever a 9-pack usually runs (1200MSP?). They said that regular DLC (with harmonies/pro drums/keys/pro keys) will not be increasing in price. Pro-mode will be an additional 80MSP per song.
Just seems odd that it was left out of the announcing press release - All other PRs have had pricing in it when they announce tracks.
Old 10-13-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

RBN Update:

Wolfblur – Frostbite Cavern (80 MSP)
The Red Chord – Antman (80 MSP)
Gatling – Nihilanth (80 MSP)
Stan Bush – The Touch (160 MSP) **This is what I think it is, right?**
Amberian Dawn – Snowmaiden (160 MSP)
OK Go – White Knuckles (160 MSP)
Visqueen – Hand Me Down (160 MSP)
Of Mice and Men – Second and Sebring (160 MSP)
Nushu – Spill (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence – Wake Up (160 MSP)
Boney Mean – Rotten Cat Halloween Rat (80 MSP)
The Virginmarys – Bang Bang Bang (80 MSP)
Zigaboo Modeliste – Standing in Your Stuff (160 MSP)
Fang Island – Daisy (160 MSP)
Steve Fister – Old Lady Trouble (80 MSP)
Shy Nobleman – Girlfriend (80 MSP)
The Dangerous Summer – The Permanent Rain (160 MSP)
Widespread Panic – Surprise Valley (Live) (160 MSP)
Old 10-13-10, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, it is.
Old 10-13-10, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

FUCK YEAH!

Okay, Rock Band is cool again.
Old 10-13-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 922 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagrath View Post
Yes, it is.
...although it might be the same re-recorded version from the GH:WT DLC.

Visqueen...? Awesome.
Old 10-13-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Library management video:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....00288532400675
Old 10-13-10, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
confirmed the doors with pro

Spoiler:
A three-pack of songs that feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade downloads will be available for free to fans that purchase Rock Band 3 and play online during the first week the game is available (Oct. 26 – Nov. 1). The free pack, which is available only through the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store, includes “Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm” and “Touch Me,” which incorporate five-button guitar and bass, Drums, Pro Drums and Keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable, as well as a free expansion that will add Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts.
I'm a bit confused. While I have wifi on my Xbox and buy DLC from RB2's store, I don't have a Gold membership and therefore don't actually play online. I'm hoping it's just weird wording.
Old 10-13-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They just mean the only way you can find it is through RB3 itself. Obviously you have to be connected to the internet to see the content. You don't have to "play" anything, online or not. Just have to use the software online.
Old 10-13-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's what I figured, but it doesn't read too clearly. It kind of sounds like a Gold-only thing or something with that "play" in there. Anyway, I'm glad they're throwing us a few freebies.
Old 10-14-10, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the Keyboard for $63 and stand for $21 at a site called Joorat.com with free shipping. The site looks kinda shady and their shipping is super slow (took a week to even ship the items via Fedex). But for $26 in savings I took a shot to make up for getting screwed by the PS3 Bundle. They're scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Old 10-14-10, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fang Island

Not that I'll get to play it.
Old 10-14-10, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard final details on the RB2 export/download yet. I think it was at PAX over a month ago when they said they'd announce it all in 2-3 weeks.

I can't remember for sure, but I'd wager that the RB1 export was available by now, relatively speaking.
Old 10-14-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm debating grabbing a TB:RB bundle for $75 - http://www.cowboom.com/store/product...ntentID=738022 - I still have RB1 drums, but haven't really played them for a year, and even when I was playing RB I didn't play them much partially because they missed probably 10% of the time.

I also still use the guitar from GH:WT, which I have no problems with - how is the one with TB:RB?

I'm just thinking that once I get keyboards, I won't be playing drums anyways and will be playing less guitar...
Old 10-14-10, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard final details on the RB2 export/download yet. I think it was at PAX over a month ago when they said they'd announce it all in 2-3 weeks.

I can't remember for sure, but I'd wager that the RB1 export was available by now, relatively speaking.
Looks like I'd have lost that bet. The export went live 9/4/08, 10 days before the retail launch of RB2. So I guess I'll start really bitching on Saturday
Old 10-14-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The beatles guitar is good, it takes a little getting used to because the neck is longer. The drums are way better (wireless) and are compatible with the cymbals for pro-mode.
Old 10-14-10, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FWIW...I see the 360 keyboard/game bundle is down to $125 at Amazon.
Old 10-14-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Amazon better match that price since I preordered it from them already.
Old 10-14-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post

I'm really curious, too. You'd think that since some folks got the game early there'd be an insert with export details on it and that'd leak, too. I'd like to know how many points I should have on hand on release date. (My hunch is one card should be plenty to handle the export, but I also plan on getting a lot of DLC that day, too.)

I'm also wondering how RB3 will handle importing tracks from other RB games. Will I need my Lego RB disc for the process, even though I already exported the tracks into RB2? Will that be treated as DLC in the RB3 import? I'm only concerned because somehow my Lego RB disc got a ring etched into it (a friend theorizes that my Xbox was probably moved while the disc was spinning; I know I've never done that, so it might've happened when I loaned my Xbox and games to my nephews). The disc is unreadable. It sucks because I still had some achievements to complete. I'd rather not buy a new copy - right away at current prices, at least - and am considering trying to resurface it somehow.
Old 10-14-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nah, I wouldn't worry about re-exporting anything. Once it's on the hard drive, RB3 will find it. Whether or not it'll let you play is another story, I guess.
Old 10-14-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anything that is already exported to your HDD is fine. You won't need the discs again. LEGO shows up as its own category, but Green Day and AC/DC just show up as DLC.
Old 10-14-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's a relief. Thanks. While I would've waited to somehow resolve this LRB situation before importing all of my tracks into RB3, I wouldn't have been happy about it.
Old 10-15-10, 06:17 AM

My keyboard bundle for the 360 is "Out for Delivery" right now. So unless someone caught on to the broken street date and makes a last minute re-route, I will be playing RB3 all weekend.

Most of you seem to keep up with the latest news for the game, but if anyone has any questions about the game go ahead and ask. I know the first thing I will check is if the stage kit is compatible.
Old 10-15-10, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You lucky bugger! Whisper me where you got it?
Old 10-15-10, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by clintilona View Post
My keyboard bundle for the 360 is "Out for Delivery" right now. So unless someone caught on to the broken street date and makes a last minute re-route, I will be playing RB3 all weekend.
Mine is also scheduled for delivery today. Can't wait! Crossing my fingers it doesn't get re-routed like they have from other companies recently once Harmonix/MTV caught on.

I'll have all weekend + 3 weekdays off. I got some other stuff to do on those days, but it will definitely include some heavy RB3 playing.

Not trying to brag, but since others are getting it early, we might as well talk about it.
Old 10-15-10, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by clintilona View Post

Most of you seem to keep up with the latest news for the game, but if anyone has any questions about the game go ahead and ask. I know the first thing I will check is if the stage kit is compatible.
I have a question for when you get it. Activate no-fail mode and turn down the crowd noise. Get a song started with a guitar or keyboard and then stop playing. Does the song continue to play with the rest of the band and the guitar/keyboard part removed, or does the game add random noises (which the instrument might make) in there? In Rock Band 2, it plays the song with the part removed, but in the Beatles game it adds random noises. It's kind of like if someone is playing but missing notes. I didn't see any way to disable this.

What's nice about the way RB2 handles it is that if you have a real guitar or other instrument, you can get a nice backing track with the rest of the band that you can use to play along. I wonder if there was something in their agreement with the Beatles that prohibited that in the other game. Maybe they didn't want people dissecting their mixes or something.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.