Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 04-14-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Still loving it, but it crashed on me and has been really jumpy.
Old 04-14-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

There are a lot of reports of performance issues and crashing. I actually held off on buying it for now based on what I've been hearing.
Old 04-14-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Yeah, I'm digging it. I'm a little worried that it's going to be hard to keep track of where I've been, but hopefully that's not an issue.
This was actually my major concern when playing the game yesterday. By the way, I also love the Vangelisesque score that plays on some of the levels.
Old 04-14-12, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I "beat" Fez, though I have a lot of exploring to do. Even though I really dug it, I'm not sure I'm very motivated to collect everything.
Old 04-15-12, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I like Fez, but I can't quite figure out how to get around and the map screen is absolutely no help; but besides that, it's fun.
Old 04-15-12, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I like Fez, but I can't quite figure out how to get around and the map screen is absolutely no help
Glad I'm not the only one
Old 04-15-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fez Devs Say They’re Working to Fix Game-Crashing Bugs
After its launch on Friday, "about TWENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE (!!)" supplied "more testing" than the game had received in the past five years, according to Polytron programmer Renaud Bedard. "So, as it happens, bugs popped up. Some pretty serious."

Among the glitches: complete inoperability on older Xboxes with smaller hard drives; trouble running the game from a USB stick, and crashes in specific levels or situations. "In a rare situation (exiting the game from the "wall village" interiors), the save file becomes unusable," writes Bedard. "Nasty stuff."

Indeed. Bedard wants everyone to know they are working internally and with Microsoft to repair the issues. "It makes sense to issue a patch, but we don't currently have an ETA on it," he says. Meantime, if you have a problem, by all means email the Fez devs. "Lots of these problems have simple workarounds, so we can help you out, and email is easier than tweets," Bedard writes.
Old 04-16-12, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Should I assume the 60 GB on my older Pro is not a "smaller hard drive"? I think I'll just wait.
Old 04-17-12, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fez is amazing. My pick for Game of the Year thus far. Every time I think I've seen everything it has to offer, it surprises me yet again.
Old 04-17-12, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Fez is amazing. My pick for Game of the Year thus far. Every time I think I've seen everything it has to offer, it surprises me yet again.
Better than Japan's shitty games?
Old 04-17-12, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Should I assume the 60 GB on my older Pro is not a "smaller hard drive"? I think I'll just wait.
It's a "smaller" drive perse, obviously others please correct me if I am wrong but the sizes that have been released are:

4GB
20GB (original size)
60GB
120GB
250GB
320GB

Unless you have lots to download you should be fine, personally I still have my original launch 20GB and a 16GB flash drive that I am still able to manage all my files with but I do not download any movies and just a little bit of music.
Old 04-17-12, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Upcoming content post: http://majornelson.com/2012/04/17/co...marketplace-7/

Not worth copying, formatting, or screenshot hosting.
Old 04-17-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Yeesh, those are some ugly "deals".
I'd forgotten that Trials Evolution comes out tomorrow.
Old 04-17-12, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
Better than Japan's shitty games?
Yes, definitely. And I'm only half-joking when I say that.
Old 04-17-12, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Remember to join the gold rush:

http://rewards.xbox.com/rush-for-gold/

You get a whole entry for signing up.
Old 04-17-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,019 Likes on 810 Posts

I like how calm Fez is but it's a little different than I was expecting. Still a pretty good game, it is a bit buggy though. Love the music and most of the visual styling.
Old 04-18-12, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else looking forward to Bloodforge? It looks freakin sweet!
Old 04-18-12, 07:49 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Anyone else looking forward to Bloodforge? It looks freakin sweet!

i am. it looks amazing to be an arcade title. i hope it is a good as it looks and has some cool boss fights.

anyone played the new Trials game yet? i had a good time with the first one, however it got too difficult for me a little too quickly and I just couldn't advance anymore. I think I stopped with the game once I got to a stage where there were these 2 large spheres that I was supposed to get across. I could never do it so I quit. I got gold rating on all of the stages up to that one, but I was just disappointed I couldn't advance further.

Last edited by wlj; 04-18-12 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-18-12, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I played Trials Evolution briefly before I had to leave for work. Seems really good. I had the same problem in the previous one with the difficulty but enjoyed it enough that the sequel purchase was a no brainier. Looking forward to messing with it more when I get home.

edit:

After a night of playing it I'm loving it. A few connection issues on day one but it seemed better in the evening. I cant believe the amount of tracks people have made already. I hope to be able to do that this time around. I don't see anything topping this as my XBLA game of the year. Maybe even overall GOTY.

Last edited by astrochimp; 04-18-12 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-19-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deadlight

Looks really good. Published by Microsoft, due this summer--I'm gonna go ahead and say this one's a lock for Summer of Arcade.
Old 04-19-12, 09:02 AM

Damn, that Deadlight looks great. It looks like it could be another Shadow Complex. I suppose it could also end up being another War of the Worlds (shudder), but with Microsoft looking over the project, I doubt that. I'm excited for that one.

I really liked the Trials Evolution demo, but couldn't finish that final demo level (with all the rocks and streams). If that's a Medium level track, I dread to think what the harder ones are like. I didn't buy it yet out of concerns that I wouldn't get much out of it if I can't get very far. Maybe with all the user-created levels, that won't be an issue though. I would have bought it already if there were some sort of a bonus to getting all four Arcade Next games -- even a measly 400 points back, but for nothing but full price, I passed yesterday. I might give in this weekend.
Old 04-19-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, Deadlight looks awesome.
Old 04-19-12, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fez and Trials Evolution =
Old 04-20-12, 01:05 AM

Even though I'm comically bad at Trials Evolution, I still get a kick out of it. Much more interesting to play than the original. Love the LBP-like integration of user- created levels. I really like that it's no longer all in a boring warehouse. Way, way better game.
Old 04-20-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Even though I'm comically bad at Trials Evolution, I still get a kick out of it. Much more interesting to play than the original. Love the LBP-like integration of user- created levels. I really like that it's no longer all in a boring warehouse. Way, way better game.
Agreed!

I love the outdoor environments! Gives it so much more variety. The editor is beyond amazing, and should give this game really long legs. Some of the non-track games (the shooter, the FPS) still feel rather "floaty", and I'm guessing there's not much that can be done about that due to the standard physics of the game.

I'm about halfway through the in-game tracks already (not all gold yet), but I'm sure I'll get stuck on the Insane tracks for a good long while, and more than double my playtime on just a handful of tracks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.