Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 04-04-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Who say's I use a keyboard? I have a brain wave monitor hooked up that posts what I am (naked ginger from oklahoma) thinking.
Old 04-04-11, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I'm not naked, currently.
Old 04-04-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't mean I'm not thinking of it. Stupid headset.
Old 04-04-11, 07:24 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Wow...Vampire Smile is a phenomenal game. I can't recommend it enough.
Old 04-04-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wick
Yeah, I know I'm coming out as the minority on this one.

For what it's worth, my rating translates to roughly a "C".
Old 04-05-11, 11:58 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah - I just saw your review. It's too bad you didn't enjoy it much. I was quite impressed with it and scored it a lot higher on my site.

To each their own though.
Old 04-06-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Tried the demo for Red Faction Battlegrounds on PSN tonight. For those of you who wondered what this car combat game has to do with Red Faction : I have your answer -- nothing. It's VERY similar to the game that was featured in an XBLA seasonal promotion last year, with a generic title.... Scrap Metal maybe? Spare Parts? Something like that. Anyway, the demo is either a two person local combat or single player training missions that are both tedious and comically overseen by a countdown timer letting you know you can only enjoy this gem for whatever fraction of 15 minutes remains. Big loss. Maybe the online MP is good, I don't know. But those SP missions were boring and once you finish them, you aren't given any sort of instructions or new menu choices, you just get to play them again. No racing, at least in the demo. Just drive around and shoot things. Personally, I always hate that XBLA overhead perspective for racing games. I can never get my head around it.

Apparently the game is free with pre-order of Red Faction Armageddon at Game Stop or Amazon. The Amazon fine print says they'll send you the code after they ship the game (the end of May). That seems like a pretty big wait -- you know whatever tiny online community this game establishes will be long-dead by then. If they were to send you the code right away, it might be worth the pre-order (assuming the option to cancel the pre-order later if you so decide). I can't imagine getting $10 value out of this game unless the MP is way more fun than the SP demo was.
Old 04-06-11, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Is Volition involved in that game? Or, rather, what's left of Volition...

Edit: AYOFQN - Doesn't look like it. THQ Digital Warrington did it. Whew. I'm excited for RF:A and didn't want that to get in the way by casting doubt.
Old 04-06-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

For those of you that don't have Hexic HD anymore, for whatever reason (MoviePage), it's free to download from XBLM.
Old 04-06-11, 09:15 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Hexic HD came with my 360 Elite. Now I don't feel so elite.
Old 04-06-11, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242
For those of you that don't have Hexic HD anymore, for whatever reason (MoviePage), it's free to download from XBLM.
I got it again when I upgraded to the Slim, but thanks! It's good that they put it up for download.
Old 04-06-11, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AucfMBK7XZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-07-11, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wick
I'm inclined to believe you. I tried the demo tonight and REALLY enjoyed it. I still can wait for a sale on this one, but it sure was fun. Funny that they got the Nightcrawler ability down much better than any of the actual X-Men games did. I hated the first game's demo and dug this one, so they must have tweaked something. It just seemed more entertaining,even if it's still largely button mashing.
I did have trouble figuring out how to move both L and R stick while spamming the X and B buttons. I contorted my right hand all sorts of different ways to get the desired effect.
Old 04-07-11, 11:00 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spare Parts is on sale for 400pts.
Old 04-07-11, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In case you like things that are definitely awesome, new, and possibly free, you should like Zen Studios on Facebook. I say this because they said this:

If we can get to 4,000 likes by the end of the weekend we will dish out some game codes...including some for BRAND NEW TABLES!
So, if nothing else, like them to pull an announcement out of them.
Old 04-07-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Spare Parts is on sale for 400pts.
And Portal: Still Alive is on sale for 600.

So, if nothing else, like them to pull an announcement out of them.
From the comments:

"Zen Studios Just an FYI - If we have codes for unreleased tables, that means they are a week or two from full release "

Mmm. . . a full release. That sounds wonderful.

Last edited by Matt; 04-07-11 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-07-11, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by MWB
From the comments:

"Zen Studios Just an FYI - If we have codes for unreleased tables, that means they are a week or two from full release "

Mmm. . . a full release. That sounds wonderful.
A Thor table in time for the movie release seems like a given.
Old 04-07-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would hope so and that Marvel Pack #1 goes on sale. I need a new drug.

But what I wouldn't give for Twisted Pixel table(s), Harry Potter, LotR, Star Wars, or really any licensed table. I know the guy that runs the Zen Studios twitter account (or one of them, or the company, I guess) tweeted a few weeks ago that he/she/they was about to purchase a T2 table off eBay. I asked if it was research or pleasure and they responded, basically, with "Both "
Old 04-07-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the info, pinata. I did my part with the "Like" and they're only about 100 away.

I wonder if it's just gonna be random or if you have to be there or what. Either way, if there's new tables in a couple weeks, I'll more than likely pick them up.
Old 04-07-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, how about a Plants vs Zombies table? Or Peggle! I guess all of Popcap. Have 5 Bejeweled targets that cycle until you line up 3, 4, or 5.
Old 04-08-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like the "Mars" table from the PS3 game is coming out soon. The achievements for it are up on xbox.com.

Shuttle Pilot
Collect five samples with the Space Shuttle magnetic drain on Mars! (Single player only.)

Archaeologist
Deactivate the Pyramid defense system on Mars! (Single player only.)

Ancient Martian Map
Get the ancient Martian map by completing the Final Mission on Mars! (Single player only.)
Old 04-08-11, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A PS3 port? Lame. I was hoping for more Marvel (even though I'm too lame to have bought them).

Oh well, for a sale.
Old 04-08-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure we'll be getting another Marvel pack by this summer with the new movies coming out. But I don't mind getting Mars! and Paranormal as well, especially since I don't have the game on PS3.
Old 04-08-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A PS3 port? Lame. I was hoping for more Marvel (even though I'm too lame to have bought them).

Oh well, for a sale.
There will be more Marvel. Didn't they say they have like 8 new tables (at least) in the pipeline?
Old 04-08-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I know there will be but I was just thinking this update would include some. I mean, there are three Marvel movies hitting this summer alone. It just feels like it's time, but I have no right to cry.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.