Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I thought that was to fight till one of you dies + skips the animations. I don't remember just being able to skip the animations and go one roll at a time (I could be wrong though). Also, placement takes way too long IMO. I think I am just spoiled by LUXDX on the touch though. It's implementation makes games go much faster.
That's true, I think. Either you skip it entirely and the battle is automated on the map or you go into the animations where you can see it unfold roll-by-roll or you just watch the animations automate.

There is no way to see just the rolls without the animation. Does it really matter since it's the computer rolling anyway?
Old 11-03-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by superfro
I don't think I'm on your friends list. You can add me. I'll be sure to fuck up all your Rock Band leaderboards.
Bastard!

Is your Tag also superfro?
Old 11-03-10, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Bastard!

Is your Tag also superfro?
I sent you a request. I had been full at 100 for a LONG time, but some folks must've wised up in the last few weeks.
Old 11-03-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaking of that. I just accepted a FR from FatalSpiderbite (brianluvdvd). After he's removed me at least twice in the past. This time, I will remove him before I'm rejected again!
Old 11-03-10, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Speaking of that. I just accepted a FR from FatalSpiderbite (brianluvdvd). After he's removed me at least twice in the past. This time, I will remove him before I'm rejected again!
Accept it, send him a message saying "Thanks....but no thanks.", and then delete him.
Old 11-03-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One peeve of mine, is people who send friend requests, where their name doesn't match their forum name, and they don't send me a message or give me any sort of indication of who they are. I got an invite from Bob##### but I don't have a damn clue on who he is. Sometimes I'll at least try to search the forums to try to find who they are, but I shouldn't have to investigate to find out who the hell a person is that wants to "friend" me.
Old 11-03-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I hate that too
Old 11-03-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Friend categories would be nice (as would deleting games from your gamercard).

Both have been promised at different points (I think) but never delivered.

But hey, we have a new dashboard color scheme, the Indie Game store was hidden away in a corner and now you have to go through hoops to rate a game!
Old 11-03-10, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

That's true, I think. Either you skip it entirely and the battle is automated on the map or you go into the animations where you can see it unfold roll-by-roll or you just watch the animations automate.

There is no way to see just the rolls without the animation. Does it really matter since it's the computer rolling anyway?
I'd like to be able to just push A and see the outcome of the roll instantly without having to fight to the death. It isn't the end of the world, but I think it just takes too long over the course of a game. It is like not being able to skip the attack animations in a turned based RPG. By the 20th time of seeing the same thing, you want to pull your hair out.
Old 11-03-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah, some dude names Spreg or something requested a friend, and i don't recognize his dvdtalk name either. Come out of the woodwork - and show yourself.
Old 11-03-10, 02:12 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

One peeve of mine, is people who send friend requests, where their name doesn't match their forum name, and they don't send me a message or give me any sort of indication of who they are. I got an invite from Bob##### but I don't have a damn clue on who he is. Sometimes I'll at least try to search the forums to try to find who they are, but I shouldn't have to investigate to find out who the hell a person is that wants to "friend" me.
Hate that as well. I get several requests a week, despite the fact that I hardly ever game. The only ones with messages are kids begging me to sell them my gamertag.

I think a DVDTalker has only put in a message indicating the forum once.

I just keep the word DVDTalk as my 'interests' or 'about me' or whatever that area is called. Anyone looking at my profile sees that. If we all did that, it would make things easier, and eliminate the need for messages in friend requests.
Old 11-03-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I'd like to be able to just push A and see the outcome of the roll instantly without having to fight to the death. It isn't the end of the world, but I think it just takes too long over the course of a game. It is like not being able to skip the attack animations in a turned based RPG. By the 20th time of seeing the same thing, you want to pull your hair out.
I just do auto fight for all the battles. They really should have added an option to retreat in the middle of auto fight though. Watching my army of 10 people die to 3 people is a joke. Once I got to 4 or 5 units I would have retreated if I had the option.
Old 11-03-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Kind of annoying, but you can still check their "Friends of," in their bio, and if their FL is populated with DVDtalk folk, you obviously know they are from here.
Old 11-03-10, 03:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Hate that as well. I get several requests a week, despite the fact that I hardly ever game. The only ones with messages are kids begging me to sell them my gamertag.
Now I'm curious...?

My Live name is "Runner Groucho". People from this forum call me "Groucho". Everybody else calls me "Runner".
Old 11-03-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
People from this forum call me "Groucho".
That's not at all what I call you.
Old 11-03-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's not at all what I call you.
Does it fit in 21 characters?
Old 11-03-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Kind of annoying, but you can still check their "Friends of," in their bio, and if their FL is populated with DVDtalk folk, you obviously know they are from here.
Sure, but that doesn't tell me WHO they are. Also, just because they are on DVDTalk doesn't mean I necessarily want to friend them.
Old 11-03-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does it fit in 21 characters?
This is probably my biggest complaint about anything ever.
Old 11-03-10, 03:25 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That's a good trick. Does it have a mutual friends section like Facebook?
Originally Posted by Groucho
Now I'm curious...?
I got in on the beta and somewhat regretfully picked Trevor as my gamertag. Now every jerky kid named Trevor who gets addicted to Xbox Live begs me for my gamertag.

Or I get constant requests and messages from people thinking I'm "their Trevor" and don't believe me when I say they have the wrong one.
Old 11-03-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is probably my biggest complaint about anything ever.
Yeah, until Friday
Old 11-03-10, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got in on the beta and somewhat regretfully picked Trevor as my gamertag. Now every jerky kid named Trevor who gets addicted to Xbox Live begs me for my gamertag.

Or I get constant requests and messages from people thinking I'm "their Trevor" and don't believe me when I say they have the wrong one.
It only costs $10 to change it. Why don't you just sell it?
Old 11-03-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Not exactly. It just lets you see their friends list, but if you recognize a ton of names, it's pretty clear they are from here.

just because they are on DVDTalk doesn't mean I necessarily want to friend them.
Dammit, I'll send you a message next time. Happy?

Old 11-03-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You are on my friends list though, aren't you?
Old 11-03-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

No one ever tries to add me as a friend
Old 11-03-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,193 Likes on 4,220 Posts

*wonders what any of this discussion has to do with XBLA.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.