Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by pinata242
We pretty much dominate when we play.
Well...when we're not talking about Kinect's impact on the market or how awesome Comic Jumper is going to be.
Old 08-03-10, 12:55 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by MrX
Yeah, I made the mistake of waiting to play Splinter Cell: Conviction and trying to find someone to run through the co-op story now is impossible.
Dude, If you still have it I will gladly do a run with you on realistic!
Old 08-03-10, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
After they trashed Hydro Thunder, I don't know how reliable IGN's reviews are anymore. They're too important a review site to be sporting the only negative review of a high profile XBLA game.
That said, I have zero interest in this Castlevania game.
Maybe it's the other high-profile review sites that are the problem?

Just a thought, I rarely even visit IGN anymore.
Old 08-03-10, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
Well...when we're not talking about Kinect's impact on the market or how awesome Comic Jumper is going to be.
Oh, right, I played with superfro once too.
Old 08-03-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't really feel Limbo, unless the full game complete changes past the demo mark, it just feels like a really boring game with a nice aesthetic.

I'm really getting tried of platform games where you need to die to figure out how to proceed.
Old 08-03-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Maybe it's the other high-profile review sites that are the problem?

Just a thought, I rarely even visit IGN anymore.
I don't like IGN's redesign and their giant font for babies look. I don't have an issue with them being the only naysayer. After all, it's just one guy and one review.
Old 08-03-10, 09:20 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I don't like IGN's redesign and their giant font for babies look. I don't have an issue with them being the only naysayer. After all, it's just one guy and one review.

That one guy was Arthur Gies from Rebel FM he seems to like to go against the grain.
Old 08-03-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I didn't say that IGN doesn't have the right to have the negative outlying review. I totally think their reviewers should review the games honestly with their own opinions. But personally, after seeing them give the only negative reviews at Metacritic to both Hydro Thunder and Aqua (two games that I happened to really like the demos of, BTW), I'm choosing to now be more skeptical of their reviews of XBLA games. Or at least those XBLA games that take place on water.
Old 08-03-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure they'll make up for it with Hydrophobia.
Old 08-03-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Plants Vs. Zombies Dated:

While we already knew that Pop Cap's upcoming Xbox Live Arcade release of Plants vs. Zombies was headed for an early September release, IGN are now reporting that the flora will be fighting back against the undead on September 8th.

Featuring two multiplayer modes that are new to the franchise - both co-operative and competitive - and 50 levels alongside 21 new mini-games and 7 game modes, Plants vs. Zombies looks like a steal for 1,200 Microsoft Points.
Old 08-03-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I guess it won't be in that upcoming Fall promotion then. Good. I don't want to wait.
Old 08-03-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll probably grab PvZ if the game works well with a controller (it seems kind of mouse/pointer dependent).
Old 08-03-10, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mok
That one guy was Arthur Gies from Rebel FM he seems to like to go against the grain.
Oh yeah? I like Arthur.
Old 08-03-10, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh yeah? I like Arthur.
You know who else like Arthur? Arthur.
Old 08-03-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I'll probably grab PvZ if the game works well with a controller (it seems kind of mouse/pointer dependent).
Defense Grid worked fine. Granted you didn't have to move all over the field quickly to gather suns, so we'll see.
Old 08-03-10, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :

Week of August 9 through August 22: Dragon Age: Origins
Awakening, 2400 Microsoft Points
Return to Ostagar, 240 Microsoft Points
Warden's Keep, 400 Microsoft Points
Blood Dragon Red Avatar T-shirt , 40 Microsoft Points (Male) (Female)

**Special pricing available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members

Xbox LIVE Games on Demand:
August 2 : Too Human
August 10: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
August 10: Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Xbox Avatar Marketplace:
August 5: Roxy/Quiksilver

Xbox Game Add-Ons
August 10: Red Dead Redemption: Legends and Killers Pack, 800 Microsoft Points
August 10: Dragon Age: Origins: The Golems of Amgarrak, 400 Microsoft Points
August 13: Lips songs from acclaimed composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, 160 Microsoft Points per song
Old 08-03-10, 11:43 AM

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :

Week of August 9 through August 22: Dragon Age: Origins
Damn, that's going to feel like a long week!
Old 08-03-10, 12:06 PM

@UGOsweeps is giving away 30 Summer of Xbox codes today. You have to follow as well as check their site for the secret message and then be the first to tweet it to them.

They've given away Limbo so far. Perhaps Castlevania and some others will show up.

And if anybody wins (I can't since I've won in the past 30 days), remember I have a Puzzle Quest 2 code up for trade.
Old 08-03-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TLwizard
@UGOsweeps is giving away 30 Summer of Xbox codes today. You have to follow as well as check their site for the secret message and then be the first to tweet it to them.

They've given away Limbo so far. Perhaps Castlevania and some others will show up.

And if anybody wins (I can't since I've won in the past 30 days), remember I have a Puzzle Quest 2 code up for trade.
I won something in the last 30 as well (Lego Harry Potter)...
Old 08-03-10, 02:23 PM

They are apparently giving away some 4-pack codes which includes Castlevania, Limbo, Hydro Thunder and I guess Deathspank.
Old 08-03-10, 03:17 PM

I never mind entering contests, even Twitter contests, but these "first one to grab the code wins" things annoy the crap out of me. Some of us have jobs that preclude us from hitting Refresh every five seconds.
Old 08-03-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
I never mind entering contests, even Twitter contests, but these "first one to grab the code wins" things annoy the crap out of me. Some of us have jobs that preclude us from hitting Refresh every five seconds.
Agreed. Whenever we give out stuff we do it randomly. There's really no easy way to do it, but I feel while it's still a slim chance, it at least gives as many people a shot as possible.
Old 08-03-10, 03:40 PM

My gf was going to try and win one for us through her account but we're currently using naked dsl and the connection is so slow by the time the page refreshes people have already been posting for a minute. Would be sweet to get that 4 pack.

And superfro, apprarently I'm following you on Twitter without even knowing that it was you!
Old 08-03-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
And superfro, apprarently I'm following you on Twitter without even knowing that it was you!
We'll see how that holds up in court stalker.
Old 08-03-10, 03:55 PM
Mok

Giantbomb Quick Look: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.1.5_10002.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.1.5_10002.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="whiskey-video-id" value="3002" /><param name="flashvars" value='config={"key":"#@db334ee8c5997373469","clip":{"scaling": "fit"},"canvas":{"background":"#000000","backgroundGradient":"none"},"playlist":["http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/23534/1455951-a2.jpg", {"autoPlay":false,"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/video/vf_castlevaniaharmonyofdespair_ql_700.flv"}],"plugins":{"controls":{"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer.controls-3.1.5_10001.swf","autoHide":"always","timeColor":"#cc0000","bufferGradient":"none","volumeSliderColor":"#333333","durationColor":"#ffffff","sliderColor":"#333333","tooltipTextColor":"#ffffff","backgroundGradient":"none","timeBgColor":"#000","borderRadius":"0px","tooltipColor":"#000","buttonColor":"#cc0000","sliderGradient":"none","progressColor":"#cc0000","bufferColor":"#666666","volumeSliderGradient":"none","buttonOverColor":"#990000","progressGradient":"medium","backgroundColor":"#111111"}}}' /></object>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.