Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 12-24-10, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Worked fine for me. Game wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 12-24-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Mok
Which one is the newest one? The Signal? I have the first one still waiting to be played from the CE.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up and the Writer was the newest. I downloaded it

Last edited by nickdawgy; 12-24-10 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-24-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
Sorry to hear that. It is.
I was in a mulitplayer game when i sent, then got your messge to play. we had 3 in it, and I wanted you to come round it up to four. Then you went back to Iron Man. I Hope it was worth it.
Old 12-24-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I was in a mulitplayer game when i sent, then got your messge to play. we had 3 in it, and I wanted you to come round it up to four. Then you went back to Iron Man. I Hope it was worth it.
I quit my pinball game when I got your invite. Quit, loaded up Raskulls to join and it said it was full. Waited till you were in the menus and sent you an invite and was ignored. Lesson learned. Twice!

(And no, it was totally not worth it. I pretty much hate that Iron Man table. )
Old 12-24-10, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
I quit my pinball game when I got your invite. Quit, loaded up Raskulls to join and it said it was full. Waited till you were in the menus and sent you an invite and was ignored. Lesson learned. Twice!

(And no, it was totally not worth it. I pretty much hate that Iron Man table. )
I was in round 2 when i got your invite
Old 12-26-10, 05:47 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Wow, that is one MAJOR update. This is a big change from their previous stance that the bad reviews were from folks that didn't play the game all the way through. I still don't know if I'd buy the game (I hated the first demo), but hell, I'll replay the improved demo at least.
HYDROPHOBIA

I just finished the game. I also played the first demo and did not like the way the game played, and skipped it. I re-downloaded the demo after this huge patch, and tried it. Maybe I was just in a better mood or they really did fix a lot of stuff, but the demo seemed to play better so I went ahead and spent the 10 bucks on it...BIG MISTAKE.

Edge magazine can be harsh, but their 3 out of 10 review score is closer to reality than that unbelievable 9 out of 10 that OXM gave the game or even IGN's 8 out of 10. I would probably give it a 5 out of 10....(and this is after the patch)

Some of it was good...I liked figuring out different ways of taking out enemies using the environment, and some of the deep swimming had a bit of edge to it as you ran out of air....but those moments were few and far between.

The levels were repetitive, the action simplistic...the enemies stupid....The game last 3 hours, and just ends...this is not a spoiler, but I am serious, it literally just ends....you are moving to your next objective, and BOOM...credits...

I have talked about this before, but lower quality game developers think they have a great new business model with downloaded games...they make a game, and if they were to come out with it at 60 bucks, it would get blasted as last generation stuff and not sell at all. They take the same game, break it up in 4 parts and release them at 15 bucks each...and some people gush over it and talk about how great the game is for xbla/psn...this game smells of that. It is not a satisfying short game like Limbo...or a game you can play over and over...you are not getting value at 15 or even the new 10 dollar price.

I would skip this game. Worst game I played this year that I actually spent money on...
Old 12-26-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts

I appreciate the opinion, fox. Honestly, I kind of forgot about rechecking the demo. I read a review of the update that said it didn't really fix enough and was still a pretty terrible game, but at least you can now jump with the A button and don't fall off beams all the time to your death, so that's a plus I guess. It certainly didn't make me want to try it again.
Old 12-26-10, 07:27 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hydro Thunder Hurricane is 400 ms points

(scroll down to download the full game)

Last edited by Mok; 12-26-10 at 09:35 PM. Reason: link change
Old 12-26-10, 08:36 PM

Holy hell that's cheap. I feel like such an idiot for picking it up at launch. It's a fun game though. So is tomorrow's game, Monday Night Combat. Hope LIMBO turns out to be 400 points as well.
Old 12-26-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mok
That link goes to the DLC. Make sure you click on the Full Game.
Old 12-26-10, 09:38 PM
Mok

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
That link goes to the DLC. Make sure you click on the Full Game.
Sorry about that link the direct game link won't work. I changed it, it will take you to the Hydro Thunder page you have to scroll down to download the full game.
Old 12-27-10, 10:58 AM
Mok

Dead Rising 2: Case West - 800 Microsoft Points
Old 12-28-10, 09:08 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I downloaded Hydro Thunder for 400 points...that was one hell of a discount. Anyone play it on here? The MP looks to be pretty fun.
Old 12-28-10, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Monday Night Combat for 600 points
Old 12-28-10, 11:40 PM

Hey, Indie Games Winter Uprising just got its own panel under "Spotlight". Very cool! Hope it helps sales.

And MNC is SO worth 600 points. Grab it folks!
Old 12-28-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey, Indie Games Winter Uprising just got its own panel under "Spotlight". Very cool! Hope it helps sales.
It's so awesome that Microsoft did that. Definitely a good gesture to the Indie folks.
Old 12-29-10, 03:36 PM

Looks like Destination: Arcade is dead:

Destination: Arcade Beta Ends

Application can no longer be used

Written by PunkyLiar today at 15:05 | Credit to Ethan Centaurai

Most of you remember the games that were released during the 2010 Summer of Arcade, mainly because the majority of them have been on sale during the "Countdown to 2011" daily deals. Yet, how many of you remember the free US only application, Destination: Arcade, that also kicked off the Summer of Arcade? It allowed you to peruse the Arcade Games section of the Games Marketplace in a new browser, sparking rumours that this could be a taste of the new-look dashboard that would appear with the release of Kinect.

Well, if you were like me, you probably downloaded Destination: Arcade, played with it until you unlocked your free avatar hoodie and dragon pet, and then never touched it again. However, for those of you who did still use the browser, it appears that the beta phase has come to an end. On opening the application, you will be greeted with an 816 Kb update. After this has installed, you will be taken to a page with the Destination: Arcade logo, and this message: "Thank you for participating in the Destination: Arcade Beta! Press A to return to the Xbox Dashboard." It doesn't matter which buttons you try to press, the only ones that actually work are A and B. Both have the same result; you are returned to the Xbox Dashboard as the browser is no longer functioning.

Don't worry though, the avatar awards will continue to function as long as you do not delete the application from your hard drive. Some people have been reporting problems with the avatar awards after they have deleted the application from their hard drive, so if you are particularly attached to your dragon and hoodie, it is best to play safe and keep hold of the browser.
Old 12-29-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I particularly like this from the comments:

Originally Posted by pinata360
Originally Posted by CRX300X
Still never got that dragon........
You don't ever catch the dragon!

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:155898" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed>

Guitar Queer-O
Tags: SOUTH
PARK
more...

Old 12-29-10, 04:10 PM

Wow, that surprises me. Who knew that was a beta even? Anyway, it was a pretty useless app, though the friend recommendation was at least interesting to follow. Now I have to keep it on my HDD if I don't want to be stuck with only two dragon avatar pets to choose from (Deathspank, World of Kefflings).

Congrats to superfro for getting a shout-out for his podcast from Mr radiangames on his blog. Nice work.
Old 12-29-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Congrats to superfro for getting a shout-out for his podcast from Mr radiangames on his blog. Nice work.
You mean congrats to Mr. Radiangames for getting shout outs on our podcast I'm sure.

Yeah...that was really cool of him to do. The XBLIG folks are all pretty cool folks and seem really receptive to people giving them a look.
Old 12-29-10, 07:41 PM

Sonic on sale:

Sonic the Hedgehog ~ 200 points (normally 400)

Sonic 2 ~ 200 (400)

Sonic 3 ~ 200 (400)

Sonic & Knuckles ~ 120 (240)

Sonic 4 Episode I ~ 800 (1200)

Sonic Adventure ~ 400 (800)
Old 12-30-10, 12:40 AM

Disappointing. Sonic 4 is cheaper in the two week sale on PSN than it is on the one day sale here.

Wasn't the Fable 3 DLC supposed to be on sale as well?
Old 12-30-10, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Fable was just Joystiq's guess based on the dashboard clue. Sonic vs. Robotnik fits too, I believe.
Old 12-30-10, 06:47 AM

Meh on Sonic. That's what the Sega compilation disc does for me if I have a Sonic fix. Fable 3 dlc sale would have nicer. I did try Monday Night Combat last night, but couldn't pull the trigger. I did like it a lot but I think we'll see it again at 600 points later. Instead (maybe foolish, I admit), I'm saving some points to buy the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 dlc that disapears after the 31st. I'm not buying Juggie, but I am going to buy the 800 point pack with the Sim Missions and the 5 characters. I think though, if it comes back either free or on sale after this, I'm going to wring somebody's neck over at Activision.
Old 12-30-10, 01:12 PM

I bought Raskulls, but am pretty frustrated with it. The jumping mechanic that prevents you from jumping straight up to the next level is super-annoying. I'll get stuck near a tiny ledge over and over again because having to back up and make a running leap is just counterintuitive. Maybe I'll get used to it, but now I'm kinda annoyed with it.

Like how everyone runs around with a Playstation Move controller in the game, though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.