Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 07-28-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by orangecrush
Have you considered being better at videogames?
Holy shit.

I only got REALLY stuck on one puzzle.. hell, it was an ACCIDENT that I figured out how to solve it.

Spoiler:
It was a level where you had to let a monster fall onto you, which made it bounce up. Then you rewound and let the shaodw Tim take the hit so you could use that extra leverage to get to the high-up platform.
A lot of the puzzles in the were really well done, it reminded me a lot of Portal.
Old 07-28-10, 12:40 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Oddly enough, I zipped right through portal. Only thing that ever gave me problems was timing on some of the more complicated jumps.

Maybe with Braid, I just need to clear my mind and start from scratch.
Old 07-28-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
That's a good idea, but sounds complicated. Perhaps what I should do is post my questions here in real time as I encounter difficulties in games?
Old 07-28-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oddly enough, I zipped right through portal. Only thing that ever gave me problems was timing on some of the more complicated jumps.

Maybe with Braid, I just need to clear my mind and start from scratch.
That's not a bad idea, a few I skipped the first night I quickly picked up on the next day.

As for the two, I think I actually had more trouble with a couple of rooms at the end of Portal over anything in Braid.
Old 07-28-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

That's a good idea, but sounds complicated. Perhaps what I should do is post my questions here in real time as I encounter difficulties in games?
Old 07-28-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Nah, just suck less. It worked for me.

edit to add:
Spoiler:
For those who don't know, I am joking.

Last edited by orangecrush; 07-28-10 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-29-10, 01:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
What are peoples' thoughts...

LIMBO

Synopsis:
Uncertain of his Sister's Fate, a Boy enters LIMBO.

Saw a review on AOTS and Morgan gave it 5/5, saying it was a unique experience with the B/W and lighting effects, you'll die a lot and not a lot of replayability. Kevin P. echoed same thoughts. Looks eerie and cool. I dl'd the trial game but yet to get to.

Saw it mentioned earlier but didn't see too much elaboration.
Worth 1200 MS pts?
Old 07-29-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-29-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scott, read the last bunch of pages of the previous arcade thread. It was discussed for upwards of 2 weeks.
Old 07-29-10, 02:25 PM

Re: What are peoples' thoughts...

Originally Posted by scott1598
LIMBO

Synopsis:

Saw a review on AOTS and Morgan gave it 5/5, saying it was a unique experience with the B/W and lighting effects, you'll die a lot and not a lot of replayability. Kevin P. echoed same thoughts. Looks eerie and cool. I dl'd the trial game but yet to get to.

Saw it mentioned earlier but didn't see too much elaboration.
Worth 1200 MS pts?
Old 07-29-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 07-29-10, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
One word of caution : This is one of those sneaky demos that tries to trick you into buying their full game. Once you win the race, it'll tell you that you've unlocked a new track, then press A to continue. Next they tell you you've unlocked a new boat, you press A to continue. Then they tell you that you've unlocked a new race type and to press A to continue. Then you find yourself on the upsell screen -- Press A to unlock the full game or B to return to the menu. Super-shitty trick!
That won't be a problem for me as I never have enough points on hand to buy a game just by pressing a button - I always have to had points, especially if it's more than 500 points.
Old 07-29-10, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
WTF?! We want people to read?! Good lord, next thing you know we'll be expected to search for a thread and see if it has been used before we start a new topic. It's INSANNNNNE.

Short answer @ Scott: Gorgeous game, but seriously not worth 1200 points. Wait for a sale.
Old 07-29-10, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
That won't be a problem for me as I never have enough points on hand to buy a game just by pressing a button - I always have to had points, especially if it's more than 500 points.
I'm sure that's the case with a lot of people. Still, there's no excuse to try an trick consumers into buying their game from the demo. They're not little independent developers and they certainly should know better. Even if they didn't MS should have stopped this sort of shenanigans.
Old 07-29-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
LIMBO

Synopsis:

Worth 1200 MS pts?
Nope, terrible game. Not worth your time. Ever.

Seriously, imagine how many questions would probably arise from those puzzles.
Old 07-29-10, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Seriously, imagine how many questions would probably arise from those puzzles.
Hadn't even thought of that. Yikes.
Old 07-29-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried out a few indie games: radiangames Crossfire and Try Not to Fart. Both of those demos are worth a try. Crossfire is a great twist on classic Space Invaders gameplay, and Try Not to Fart is surprisingly funny.
Old 07-29-10, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought おならしないようにする was a joke that Pixy made up to poke fun at what he thinks is the banality of the marketplace...only to find it was real.
Old 07-29-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I thought おならしないようにする was a joke that Pixy made up to poke fun at what he thinks is the banality of the marketplace...only to find it was real.
It's a really good game. Try it out sometime, won't you?
Old 07-29-10, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
It's a really good game. Try it out sometime, won't you?
I did last night, laughed a couple times then deleted it. Also tried Pixel, and it was pretty cool.
Old 07-29-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Were you on vacation the first time that game was brought up? Man, that was a fun day.
Old 07-29-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Were you on vacation the first time that game was brought up? Man, that was a fun day.
He even made a joke about the symbols.
Old 07-30-10, 01:52 AM

Ah, the testy and slightly contentious exchanges you miss out simply by choosing to witness the birth of your son.
Old 07-30-10, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Ah, the testy and slightly contentious exchanges you miss out simply by choosing to witness the birth of your son.
That's right.
Old 07-30-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I must've been. And if Decker's talking about me, it was girl

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.