Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Finally got to Fireball last night. Loved Pacifism in Geo Wars and this is even better. Really hard for me to put down last night.
Old 11-16-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I think four is as far as I got as well.
Old 11-16-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think four is as far as I got as well.
From what I've heard, stage three is the big "roadblock," so to speak.. if you can get past that you should have the chops to do the last two.
Old 11-16-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Wonder if they'll do anything with Ms. Pac Man? I always preferred that game to the original Pac Man
Old 11-16-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Wonder if they'll do anything with Ms. Pac Man? I always preferred that game to the original Pac Man
What would they do different from what they've already done in CE/DX to distinguish it as Ms. Pac-Man? Put a bow on the sprite?
Old 11-16-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Chaseable fruit
Old 11-16-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd love an updated Ms. Pac. It doesn't have to be anything like the neon-dot path thing CE has going for it. They should try something else with it.
Old 11-16-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd love an updated Ms. Pac. It doesn't have to be anything like the neon-dot path thing CE has going for it. They should try something else with it.
Like in a kitchen.
Old 11-16-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

But other than the roaming bonus fruit, there's nothing that would separate it from just another update of Pac-Man other than the hook of the title.
Old 11-16-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Since Pac-Man forces you down set dot paths now, they could let the Ms. have a traditional board full of dots, just update it with new boards, smarter ghosts, modes and challenges.
Old 11-16-10, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Be careful what you guys wish for though - I just got the Namco Museum Megamix yesterday, and some of the 'remixes' they did look fucking awful. I haven't played it yet, but youtube makes me want to shoot someone.
Old 11-16-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Guys.. I'm very depressed right now, I've heard a rumor that breaks my heart and my soul.

It involves the best game on XBLA, the best game of this generation and the closure of its creators.

Someone please hold and comfort me.
Old 11-16-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bionic Commando?
Old 11-16-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Guys.. I'm very depressed right now, I've heard a rumor that breaks my heart and my soul.

It involves the best game on XBLA, the best game of this generation and the closure of its creators.

Just fucking say it.

Edit:
Bizarre Creations is it.

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 11-16-10 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-16-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by starman9000
Bionic Commando?
Grin already closed, unfortunately. This is about Bizarre Creations, who did Geometry Wars 1 and 2.
Old 11-16-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

Let it out. Let it all out.
Old 11-16-10, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another rebate coming your way: http://www.trueachievements.com/news...ewsitemid=2269

Microsoft have quietly added a new points promotion to the Xbox dashboard. They are giving 400 MS points away when you spend 1600 MS points on content from the featured Microsoft game studios. To qualify for the gift you have to first download the Microsoft Game Studios gamer picture, then buy the content between 12:01 AM EST on November 16, 2010 and 11:59 PM EST on November 22, 2010.

The featured content is:

Arcade Games

A Kingdom for Keflings
Alien Breed: Evolution
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Braid
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Duke Nukem 3D
Fable II: Pub Games
Ikaruga
Magic: The Gathering
N+
Perfect Dark
Rez HD
Scrap Metal
Snoopy Flying Ace
South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play
Splosion Man
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
The Maw
Uno Rush

Game Add-ons

Alan Wake
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Fable II
Forza 3
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Lips
Mass Effect
Scene It: Box Office Smash

As far as I'm aware, all of the game add-ons for the above games are included in the offer. The marketplace page wasn't working properly when I checked it.

Crackdown
Fable II
Fable III
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Perfect Dark
Toy Soldiers
Old 11-16-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IGN gives Pac-Man: CE DX a 10/10

You know how Pac-Man Championship Edition seemed like the perfect Xbox Live Arcade game? Yeah, they made it even better. Somehow, gaming's oldest mascot is delivering one of the most exciting games of the year. More mazes, more modes, more ghosts...lots more ghosts, actually. This "deluxe" version takes everything that made Championship Edition great and adds a bunch of cool new stuff. It's like taking a great white shark and adding laser beam eyes and saw blades that shoot out of its mouth.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is all about gunning for a high score. Games are timed, so you need to eat as many pellets, fruits, and ghosts as possible before the clock stops. You don't die very often, you earn plenty of extra lives, and you have many bombs at your disposal to get out of tight spots. (Yes, Pac-Man can now trigger bombs that send all of the ghosts back to their hideout.) Without much fear of death, you can focus on the one thing that matters: representing on the leaderboards.

More ghosts = better game. It's science.
Pac-Man now has many more ghosts to contend with. Like, a hundred more. You'll see the spirits sleeping around a maze, and as Pac-Man whizzes by they'll wake up and give chase. Hold off on eating a Power Pellet long enough and you may find a hundred ghosts trailing behind you in a long conga line. Finally grabbing that Power Pellet and devouring a hundred ghosts in a row is one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game this year. This is also a key technique in getting those high scores.

While the first Championship Edition was super fun, there were only a couple of mazes and modes. DX has nine mazes, most of which are new creations that offer a lot of variety. For example, Spiral has several coils that are easy to get trapped in. Dungeon, on the other hand, has long, cramped corridors. Each maze also has many game options such as Score Attack, Time Trials, and Ghost Combos (see how many ghosts you can eat with one Power Pellet). When you first dive into Championship Edition DX, only the standard Championship II course is unlocked, but each round you play usually unlocks a new maze or mode.

Like I said, it's all about the high score, and Championship Edition DX provides many friendly ways to see how you rank against the competition. You can comb through the leaderboards for extensive data on all the many maps and modes, but there are other really nice touches: your current ranking is displayed right on the title screen, the Course Select screen, and again within the menu for each maze.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX also looks and sounds great. You can select from a variety of maze skins and character designs for each game, running from the 3D Pac-Mania characters to pixilated retro sprites. The lively electronic soundtrack builds in intensity as the game timer ticks down and always gets me leaning forward in my chair.
Closing Comments
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX boasts simple, addictive gameplay that will have you competing for high scores on the leaderboards for months. Everything that made the first game a hit is still here, accompanied by a bunch of new mazes, modes, and ghosts -- all for $10. It's hard to imagine a more perfect Xbox Live Arcade game. This is a master class in game design: you will understand it instantly, enjoy it instantly, and want to play again and again.
Old 11-16-10, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pac-Man: CE DX will help ease the pain.
Old 11-16-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Will Pac-Man be available tomorrow?
Old 11-16-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
Will Pac-Man be available tomorrow?
Yes.
Old 11-16-10, 04:03 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Joystiq quoted the 800pt price for Pac-Man CE DX. I can't wait
Old 11-16-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Bye-bye 800 points. I'll scarcely miss ye.
Old 11-16-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will stay up for Pac-Man CE DX (being in PST helps).
Old 11-16-10, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by porieux
I will stay up for Pac-Man CE DX (being in PST helps).
You're staying up until 5 AM to play the new Pac Man? Really????

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.