DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-03-10, 04:03 PM   #1276
superfro
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
*wonders what any of this discussion has to do with XBLA.
You got something better to talk about?
Old 11-03-10, 04:30 PM   #1277
DVDChris
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
No one ever tries to add me as a friend
cause no one knows your gamertag.

My Collection (This is getting ridiculous)
Old 11-03-10, 04:31 PM   #1278
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfro View Post
You got something better to talk about?
Yeah you're right. It's not like we have some sort of giant Official 360 General Discussion Thread stickied right to the top of the Video Game Talk Forum or anything.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 11-03-10, 04:31 PM   #1279
superfro
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Yeah you're right. It's not like we have some sort of giant Official 360 General Discussion Thread stickied right to the top of the Video Game Talk Forum or anything.
So......no?
Old 11-03-10, 04:41 PM   #1280
porieux
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Where is the thread for discussions about Xbox 360 discussions?
Last.fm
Old 11-03-10, 04:49 PM   #1281
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfro View Post
So......no?
Well, today we had two new XBLA games come out : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels and King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match. So....no, I don't.

Old 11-03-10, 04:51 PM   #1282
superfro
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Well, today we had two new XBLA games come out : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels and King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match. So....no, I don't.
Old 11-03-10, 04:56 PM   #1283
starman9000
DVD Talk Legend

We need a title change anyway:

The Official Xbox Live Arcade/Specialty Shops/Leader-board Bragging Rights/Laundry Room Thread or something
Old 11-03-10, 05:37 PM   #1284
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyJunket View Post
Did I post this already? Yes? Well it's worth posting again, this game will be so good.

is there a release date or xbox.com page set up for this one yet?
Old 11-03-10, 05:38 PM   #1285
flashburn
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just increased my Pasha score to 31M, but I still can't beat my dad's score of 37M. Also increased my Biolab score to 25M. I still hate Rome though. I can spend 5 minutes on the first ball and only have a score of 500k.
Old 11-03-10, 06:20 PM   #1286
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Friend categories would be nice (as would deleting games from your gamercard).

Both have been promised at different points (I think) but never delivered.

But hey, we have a new dashboard color scheme, the Indie Game store was hidden away in a corner and now you have to go through hoops to rate a game!
I have been whining about this since XBL on the original Xbox. I hit my friend cap quick enough with folks I played Halo with regularly. I always had to do some juggling to have space for the Japanese guys who Phantom Dust. I want to basically add a friend and then tag them with the games we play together. Then let me filter by tags.

This would be far more useful to me than say.... ESPN.
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Live gamertag: xmiyux
Old 11-03-10, 06:25 PM   #1287
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Is the YGO game like the DS games? While I have never played YGO I do really enjoy CCGs and the DS games were decent.
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Old 11-03-10, 06:29 PM   #1288
UncleGramps
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
This would be far more useful to me than say.... ESPN.
Not just ESPN...ESPN 3. That's like...3 times better than plain old ESPN. It's certainly much better than things that have to do with lame old video games. Welcome to the new Xbox 360 - the future of video games!

Old 11-03-10, 06:44 PM   #1289
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
Is the YGO game like the DS games? While I have never played YGO I do really enjoy CCGs and the DS games were decent.
I have no idea what the DS games were like, but this game is like Magic The Gathering, only geekier (if that's even possible).

Old 11-03-10, 07:13 PM   #1290
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
I have no idea what the DS games were like, but this game is like Magic The Gathering, only geekier (if that's even possible).
For those curious, the XBLA game is just like the DS games (so far in the demo). Pretty good for 800 points imo. If it is exactly like the DS versions (earning in-game currency to buy new packs) then it will be exactly what Magic the Gathering on the Xbox should have been.

Old 11-03-10, 09:01 PM   #1291
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

So Comic Jumper has had a Title Update certified by Microsoft for 12 hours shy of a week now. Microsoft told Twisted Pixel that they had some gunk in the intertubes they were trying to clear out. Nothing.

Yesterday Gearbox announced that the latest Borderlands patch was available on 360, PS3, and Steam. It wasn't on the 360. Was it the same blockage Comic Jumper had? Don't know, but it felt like it.

Tonight the Borderlands patch has gone live, but still nothing for Comic Jumper. It must suck for the developers to be shown that they're not as important as the big boys. Guess I should be happy anything got done on Kinect Eve.
Old 11-04-10, 08:01 AM   #1292
chuckd21
DVD Talk Legend

I think my bonus space bucks arrived overnight.
Old 11-04-10, 08:08 AM   #1293
PixyJunket
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...omplex-2-ideas

Quote:
The studio behind Shadow Complex, Epic's fantastic Xbox Live Arcade platformer, is stockpiling ideas for the future of the franchise.

Chair Entertainment's Donald Mustard told Eurogamer, "We love Shadow Complex and we have lots of ideas for the future of Shadow Complex, but that's all we can say right now."

"We'd love to make another one. We've got sweet ideas for more stuff but right now everyone is completely focused on getting Infinity Blade out the door."
Old 11-04-10, 08:24 AM   #1294
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
I think my bonus space bucks arrived overnight.
Mine did not.
Old 11-04-10, 08:26 AM   #1295
PixyJunket
DVD Talk Legend

I won a copy of Super Meat Boy from Signed In so it looks like I'm going to be playing it now.

I'm not sure if this make me happy or not.
Old 11-04-10, 08:36 AM   #1296
PixyJunket
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of the meat:

http://www.twitter.com/supermeatboy/

Quote:
the title update for the xbla version is being finished this week and hopefully will be up soon.

the xbla title update will fix all known bugs and also release with 20 new levels for the internets and a new music track.
I think I'll wait for the bug fixes to start up.
Old 11-04-10, 08:38 AM   #1297
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero

See my Comic Jumper rant from last night.

It depends on what Team Meat means by "finished". I assume it's either that they've submitted it to MS or that MS has certified it. Either way, you could be in for a wait
Old 11-04-10, 08:40 AM   #1298
PixyJunket
DVD Talk Legend

Indeed.

I'm in no rush, I'd rather wait and enjoy my suffering than complete some crazy levels and have to deal with a save bug.
Old 11-04-10, 11:31 AM   #1299
xmiyux
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Mine did not.
Neither did mine.

So did anyone buy the YGO game? I need to find some reviews on the thing since the demo doesn't show whether you get in-game currency to buy packs of cards and such.

Old 11-04-10, 11:40 AM   #1300
superfro
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I won a copy of Super Meat Boy from Signed In so it looks like I'm going to be playing it now.
That shit sounds rigged.