Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 05-02-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
Fable Heroes is getting killed in reviews. 5.0 in IGN, 3.5/10.0 from Destructiod, 1.5/5 from Joystiq and a 57 Metacritic score. It's a shame because this game looked like it was going to be fun and was one of the cornerstones of their current "Arcade Next" promotion. I love Fable, so I'll still give the demo a try, but I'm not too optimistic.
That's a darn shame. I was hopeful as you were. Heck, I even played Fable 2 pub games until I got all 200 points. But yet I will also play the demo just with lesser anticipation.
Old 05-02-12, 03:39 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Oh hell yes finally some Wolfenstein avatar stuff.

is there a new game coming out? odd to have that gear now if there isn't
Old 05-04-12, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Sure enough, Fable Heroes is as bad as reported. It's clunky and strangely laggy, even in single player. The characters are floaty, though I know they're supposed to be puppets, it's still frustrating. Lots of the demo was weird Mario Party-like mini games which are really lame in single player mode, but I doubt there will be a big online community either. The game looks really dated with simple graphics, muddy details and choppy frame rate. Once I got to the weird power-up game board thing I'd had enough. I exited and deleted. Such a shame.
Old 05-04-12, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people in my friends' list are playing it and seem to be enjoying it greatly. It's reportedly a lot more fun with a group playing, naturally. I tried the demo and it's just not the type of game I enjoy though. I'll buy it at half-price someday.
Old 05-04-12, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twisted Pixel Announces New Ms. Splosion Man DLC Plus a New Xbox Game for E3

Twisted Pixel has a double announcement to make today with the revelation that there'll be all new content coming to Ms. Splosion Man, kicking off tomorrow with a "splodacious" Ms. Splosion Man SPLOKOUR Challenge event that tasks players with getting as far as they can without touching the ground. Every time you hit the floor, you'll add a 10-second penalty to your time.

From May 5th (yes, that's tomorrow) until May 20th, 11PM EST players will be vying for the top 5 leaderboards slots that will in turn grant the opportunity to win the next Xbox game coming from Twisted Pixel and a Ms. Splosion Man plushie.

Twisted Pixel will be announcing said game at E3 2012 on June 5th
Old 05-06-12, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Magic 2013 announced, coming this summer:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18788-...-console-ipad/
Old 05-06-12, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Sure enough, Fable Heroes is as bad as reported. It's clunky and strangely laggy, even in single player. The characters are floaty, though I know they're supposed to be puppets, it's still frustrating. Lots of the demo was weird Mario Party-like mini games which are really lame in single player mode, but I doubt there will be a big online community either. The game looks really dated with simple graphics, muddy details and choppy frame rate. Once I got to the weird power-up game board thing I'd had enough. I exited and deleted. Such a shame.
Agree totally. Tried it yesterday, and it just felt so clunky and awful without all of charm and story and the "little things" that makes the Fable series so wonderful. The puppets didn't bother me, the fact they moved like retarded ones did. I've seen a couple of indie games that I tried lately hold up better than this one. Passsssss at any price.
Old 05-06-12, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lordwow
Magic 2013 announced, coming this summer:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18788-...-console-ipad/
I loved 2011 and played it actively with friends online. 2012 I ended up hardly playing at all.

Not sure if I will bite on 2013. Maybe on iPad depending on price.
Old 05-06-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I loved 2011 and played it actively with friends online. 2012 I ended up hardly playing at all.

Not sure if I will bite on 2013. Maybe on iPad depending on price.
Agreed. Though I can't wait to see which planeswalker gets the cover art (and subsequent curse)!

Love that one of the big new features is "manual land tapping"
Old 05-06-12, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought the expansion to 2012, it added a lot of playtime (for me at least) because of being able to play as the Archenemy. I'm also a completionist, so I like trying to play through the game with each of the decks which adds a lot of value. Glad they are adding manual mana tapping though, a few times the CPU made terrible decisions for me.
Old 05-06-12, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's just funny because should have been patched into the first game, it shouldn't have taken 3 iterations to get that implemented.
Old 05-06-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242
It's just funny because should have been patched into the first game, it shouldn't have taken 3 iterations to get that implemented.
I agree. Also, I really don't understand why they didn't take the RB approach and allow old decks to be patched into the new game for people that bought them, that would add a lot more depth, and it really shouldn't be complicated to do.
Old 05-08-12, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pinata242
Has anyone's XBL rewards account updated with the 300 points (pending or otherwise) from last month's triple play promotion? I just want to know if I didn't meet the requirements or if they just haven't disbursed yet. I ask because the February 5% rebate was instant so I expected this to be too.
Originally Posted by MoviePage
Mine hasn't been updated either.
Mine are pending now and should probably disburse in the next week
Old 05-08-12, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts

For some reason Netflix decided I only watched half of Dr. Horrible, when I had actually watched the whole thing. And I ended up about 25 minutes short of 10 hours. Lame.
Old 05-08-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My points are pending too, and have been for several days.

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
For some reason Netflix decided I only watched half of Dr. Horrible, when I had actually watched the whole thing. And I ended up about 25 minutes short of 10 hours. Lame.
I didn't even watch anything, just left Crackle sitting at the menu for 10 hours with a wired controller.
Old 05-08-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I left Facebook and VEVO on overnight, but I also watched the shit out of HBOGo. Then I finally got around to playing through The Gunstringer for my Kinect gaming.
Old 05-08-12, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome, my 300 points are pending. I didn't have a desire to play online for 10 hours and don't have a Kinect, but was able to get the 2 hours of Kinect gaming by sending the free Battle Stuff Kinect game to my queue from the website, then hitting the Play option when the "download complete" notice popped up on the 360, and then letting it run while I watched a movie. I had to do it that way because they evidently try to stop you from downloading or starting a Kinect game without a Kinect attached.
Old 05-08-12, 12:45 PM
wlj

So, Minecraft is being released tomorrow on the Marketplace for 1600 pts. It is a game I am intrigued by. However, I am not an overly creative person or artist. So will I get anything out of Minecraft. I see vids of people building elaborate worlds and I think to myself "How in the heck can people do this?" Any minecraft pc vets got any opinions?
Old 05-08-12, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So what Game Room games are you guys gonna buy with your 300 points?!
Old 05-08-12, 01:09 PM
wlj

They still have the Game Room stuff? i had forgot about that.
Old 05-08-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All of them.
Old 05-08-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
So, Minecraft is being released tomorrow on the Marketplace for 1600 pts. It is a game I am intrigued by. However, I am not an overly creative person or artist. So will I get anything out of Minecraft. I see vids of people building elaborate worlds and I think to myself "How in the heck can people do this?" Any minecraft pc vets got any opinions?
I haven't been so baffled by the overwhelming success of a popular culture entertainment trend since the first Twilight movie. I'll check out the demo tomorrow, but it's going to have to bowl me over to pony up 1600 points for a virtual Lego set (without the Lego license).
Old 05-08-12, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

I don't like Minecraft, it's boring and feels like an utter waste of time, but more power to the players and the now multimultimillionaire creator.
Old 05-08-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
They still have the Game Room stuff? i had forgot about that.
Yep, you can still buy $3 games there.
Old 05-09-12, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Best Buy has the Minecraft digital download for $15. Not currently available for purchase online, but a lot of users at CAG have reported getting it in-store at that price. It isn't a huge savings, especially if you don't pay full price for your points anyway, but it's still something for those who are shocked and horrified by the 1600MSP price.

Edit to add: Minecraft is only 113MB? That's a pleasant surprise.

Also, Triple Play rewards points have been deposited.

Last edited by MoviePage; 05-09-12 at 06:24 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.