Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-11, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Picked up the Defense Grid: You Monster DLC tonight and played with it for a bit. It's wildly different (well, as different as it can be, I guess) from the previous entries in the game. It's tough as shit, even in the intro/prologue level. When you get to the 3rd level, that bitch GLaDOS does some crap that has never happened in DG before and it's frustrating.

Still, worth the $5 to me to play some more of this great game AND hear GLaDOS ridicule me even more.
Old 12-15-11, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by pinata242
Picked up the Defense Grid: You Monster DLC tonight and played with it for a bit. It's wildly different (well, as different as it can be, I guess) from the previous entries in the game. It's tough as shit, even in the intro/prologue level. When you get to the 3rd level, that bitch GLaDOS does some crap that has never happened in DG before and it's frustrating.

Still, worth the $5 to me to play some more of this great game AND hear GLaDOS ridicule me even more.
Yeah, the very first level of the DLC will just hand you your ass. But at least that level is still standard DG, with lots of room to experiment. The GLaDOS "surprises" are pretty funny, even as they're infuriating. I think I just about wore out my BACK button on Interference Pattern.
Old 12-15-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully Joe Danger won't be overlooked on XBLA. I played a bit of it last night and it's still just as awesome as it was on PSN.

I believe that the "Lab" content is new to this version, unless it was patched into the PSN version at some point post-launch. I played through the first block of that and it was pretty fun.
Old 12-15-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried Joe Danger yesterday. I was really excited to try it out, but it fell completely flat for me. Give me my Trials Evolution!!!
Old 12-16-11, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lookie Lookie - Trine 2 is up early.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Pr...5-d80258410a9b
Old 12-16-11, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,192 Likes on 4,219 Posts

And like that, it's gone.
Old 12-16-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I queued it up from the office, i'll turn the xbox on later and see if it still downloads.
Old 12-16-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's downloading as we speak....the trial version, because that's all I queued up. But it's still something.
Old 12-16-11, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by marginal
I think I just about wore out my BACK button on Interference Pattern.
I've got a gold on all of them except Interference Pattern. I can't wrap my head around it. I finished it with ... 12-15 fully upgraded towers and that was it and I still fell 12k short! Clearly that was a terrible strategy. I think it must come down to letting the cores stay in the reactor during the final three waves to keep earning interest, relying on the orbital laser to save your ass isn't enough, you need to protect the cores. Frustrating but fun!
Old 12-18-11, 12:37 AM

I've got a gold on all of them except Interference Pattern. I can't wrap my head around it. I finished it with ... 12-15 fully upgraded towers and that was it and I still fell 12k short! Clearly that was a terrible strategy. I think it must come down to letting the cores stay in the reactor during the final three waves to keep earning interest, relying on the orbital laser to save your ass isn't enough, you need to protect the cores. Frustrating but fun!
I resorted to watching a YouTube video to figure out how to gold on Interference Pattern, only to discover that it was about 90% the same as what I was already doing... but that last 10% is a killer! I tend to forget about Command towers, and I think they're essential for that one. You need to kill everybody in a tight space covered by Command towers.

For some reason, I couldn't actually do what the guy did in the video and make it work, so I changed it around a bit, mostly by adding more Temporal towers around the core area. I think I'm #7 on the Story Challenge leaderboards for it right now, but there's LOTS of room for improvement, so I imagine I'll drop like a stone pretty soon.
Old 12-18-11, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I got it earlier today as well. I changed my strategy from blocking the exit ramp to protecting the cores and then just pigeon-holing the last 10% in an orbital laser kill-box. It worked well enough. What a shitty level! I LOVE IT!
Old 12-19-11, 08:52 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Lots of big sales so far Bastion, Insanley Twisted Shadow Planet, Bloodrayne, and Renegade ops are 600pts
Old 12-19-11, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok, I'm getting Bastion and ITSP.
Old 12-19-11, 09:19 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Beware Bastion is only a one day sale according to the developers twitter.
Old 12-19-11, 10:02 PM

Looks like Portal is 600 again too.
Old 12-19-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Then again, I wonder what the amazing EOY deals are going to be... Maybe this is a way to get us to pay 600 instead of 400 or 200
Old 12-20-11, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oblivion and Lego Star Wars are $22.49 each (normally $29.99), and Bastion is indeed on sale today only.
Old 12-20-11, 07:33 AM

Stupid question time, what is in the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass?
Old 12-20-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Stupid question time, what is in the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass?
Basically a "season pass" that gets you all of the LA Noire DLC currently out.
Old 12-20-11, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Basically a "season pass" that gets you all of the LA Noire DLC currently out.
Okay that makes sense. So basically the game + the season pass and I should have no need to buy the complete edition, I assume?
Old 12-20-11, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, how is this game not getting more coverage? Granted, I don't read gaming websites, and mainly get my gaming news from the podcasts I listen to, but I haven't heard a peep about this until today! Defense Grid and Portal mashup? Two of my favorite games from this generation? Merry fucking christmas to me!
Old 12-20-11, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Okay that makes sense. So basically the game + the season pass and I should have no need to buy the complete edition, I assume?
I believe the Complete Edition has that PS3-exclusive "Consul's Case" mission and so far it hasn't been made available as DLC.
Old 12-20-11, 10:34 AM

I'm in for Bastion. I hope to finally use some points up as the Live Deal of the Week has been dreadful for the past few months.
Old 12-21-11, 08:12 AM

Santa ATV add-on available free for Joe Danger for gold members.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...3-13915bc510eb

I think this is only going to be available this week.
Old 12-21-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried Bastion, Rock of Ages and After Burner last night and couldn't get into any of them. I think XBLA has lost me, except for Pinball tables and Alan Wake.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.