Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 08-03-11, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I haven't even tried any of the three yet

Has the Crimson Alliance price point been officially set at 1200? I remember seeing a headline last week saying they were looking at different options still. If it ends up at 800...

Fruit Ninja I'm ambivalent on, but the kids will enjoy it and I know I'll be getting a code with Gunstringer. If it comes down to it, I could always buy FN as part of SoA and sell (or give away to someone I like) the extra code.
Old 08-03-11, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I have love feelings for Bastion.
Old 08-03-11, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Fruit Ninja I'm ambivalent on, but the kids will enjoy it and I know I'll be getting a code with Gunstringer.
Have they said that it will be a code, or is there a chance that it will be on disc as previous arcade games have been?
Old 08-03-11, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess there's a chance, but I'm put my money on code. Especially if Gunstringer goes GoD day-and-date as previously rumored.
Old 08-03-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I haven't checked out ITSP yet, but I look forward to trying it tonight. Yesterday I picked up a 4000 point code at Amazon for $44.95 (10% off). I think I might just go all in after all -- if I can figure out From Dust a little better, that is. I don't really have a need for this big stockpile of points and should probably just grab these, but that Fruit Ninja Kinect + Gunstringer keeps screwing things up as well. Honestly, I still don't know what to do. I'm so torn.
Spoiler:
Old 08-03-11, 03:28 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

The Gunstringer is a retail game instead of an Arcade title now. It will come with a voucher for a free download of Fruit Ninja Kinect.

Game is available Sept. 13 for $40.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/rel...d-gunstringer/
Old 08-03-11, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wick View Post
The Gunstringer is a retail game instead of an Arcade title now. It will come with a voucher for a free download of Fruit Ninja Kinect.

Game is available Sept. 13 for $40.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/rel...d-gunstringer/
Thanks. Good to know. I wish all the retail arcade releases were vouchers. I'd have picked up the Trials, Limbo, etc pack if they had been codes instead of on disc. Same with the early Pac-man release. But hopefully this will be the begining of a new trend.
Old 08-03-11, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
but that Fruit Ninja Kinect + Gunstringer keeps screwing things up as well.
Why does that screw up stuff? I thought you weren't buying Gunstringer? lol
Old 08-03-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard View Post
Thanks. Good to know. I wish all the retail arcade releases were vouchers. I'd have picked up the Trials, Limbo, etc pack if they had been codes instead of on disc. Same with the early Pac-man release. But hopefully this will be the begining of a new trend.
Haha. That's weird...that is exactly why I picked up the triple pack (Trials, Splosion, Limbo) because they were on disc. But different strokes for different folks In fact, I detest vouchers...that is why I waited for a while with the Borderlands GOTY package. At first it was only vouchers for the DLC *shudder*.
Old 08-03-11, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
Why does that screw up stuff? I thought you weren't buying Gunstringer? lol
Well, if I knew I wasn't, then yeah, it wouldn't be a factor. But if I were considering it, to include Fruit Ninja is kind of a disincentive. I don't want that game twice, obviously. I'd much rather have The Gunstringer for $29.99 without the Fruit Ninja voucher. I wonder if that's what the rumored direct download price would be -- doubt it.
Old 08-03-11, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried and greatly enjoyed the ITSP demo. As with all the other SoA titles, I would (and will) buy it at 800 points.
Old 08-03-11, 10:40 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'm also really impressed with ITSP. It's stunning to look at and watch in action, and also plays really well.
Old 08-04-11, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Another vote for the ITSP. Very fun and utterly beautiful. Short demo, but fun and not frustrating. As opposed to From Dust. Didn't buy it yet; want it tied to my repaired slim unit which is on it's way back from Mesquite TX. Once I get that back, I'll be sure to buy this one.
Old 08-04-11, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Haha. That's weird...that is exactly why I picked up the triple pack (Trials, Splosion, Limbo) because they were on disc. But different strokes for different folks In fact, I detest vouchers...that is why I waited for a while with the Borderlands GOTY package. At first it was only vouchers for the DLC *shudder*.
I'm all for it being on the disc when it comes to retail games and respective dlc. But for me one of the joys of arcade titles is the quick pick up and play. I'm not going to play Pac-man if I have to go fish out my disc, put it in, load it up. That takes twice as long as the game itself!
Old 08-06-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe 75% of the time, I hate Ms. 'Splosion Man so fucking much.
Old 08-07-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

ITSP has me torn. I'm really not a fan of twin-stick shooters, but I love Metroidvania games. Like others, I'll probably wait for a price drop.
Old 08-08-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fruit Ninja Kinect actually seems to be getting some positive reviews.

4.5/5 from Joystiq
"Outstanding" from CAG (Shipwreck)
4/5 from GamePro

Now I'm actually kind of excited to try out the demo.
Old 08-08-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by UncleGramps View Post
Fruit Ninja Kinect actually seems to be getting some positive reviews.

Now I'm actually kind of excited to try out the demo.
Like there was a chance in Hell that you might not get it after buying the first three SotA games.

I picked up ITSP. I like it a lot. Really cool game. Had some difficulty with the second boss (water boss). I know what I'm supposed to do
Spoiler:
get him to suck in the missiles without getting sucked in myself
yet I have no idea how to make that happen, except by fortunate accident. Tried for an hour yesterday. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-08-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up ITSP. I like it a lot. Really cool game. Had some difficulty with the second boss (water boss). I know what I'm supposed to do
Spoiler:
get him to suck in the missiles without getting sucked in myself
yet I have no idea how to make that happen, except by fortunate accident. Tried for an hour yesterday. Any help would be appreciated.
I just played through this part yesterday.

Spoiler:
First off, you can use your bombs to temporarily stun the red things that launch groups of missiles at you. That helps a lot.

Open up the tubes using your bombs, or by tricking the enemy missiles into hitting the weak spots.

Then go over to to the right, stunning the rightmost red enemy. Go further right, pick up a bomb guy, bring him a bit to the left, and dip him in the first pool of water until he cools off. While he's in the pool, stun both the red guy to your right (again), and then stun the next red guy over to the left. Pick up the bomb, and bring it over to the main pool to the left, where you can drop him if you need to - just make sure he doesn't get hit by enemy missiles. Take out more of the red guys as needed, then drag the bomb until it is near an opening. Let go and it should get sucked right in.

At that point, the water level will raise. Just repeat the previous paragraph two more times and you're done. If you need more health at any point, wait for a red guy to launch a missile barrage, then hit the missiles with your bomb. That'll release health pickups. Repeat as needed.

If you're having a specific problem with any of that, let me know.
Old 08-08-11, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not at that part yet. This is all underwater.

Spoiler:
Two tentacle guys are firing missiles at me from the left. Huge creature at the Right doesn't fire at me but is sucking me into his mouth to take damage. I can destroy the missiles with my saw, but I can only hurt the big guy when he sucks in missiles and spits out stuff (mechanical gears, it looks like). I can't fight his current and will occasionally get him to suck the missiles without me, but it's sheer luck. I always get sucked back into him eventually, and get destroyed. I don't have bombs or missiles yet, just gun, saw, grabber and shield.

edit. Used Google. I'm an idiot
Spoiler:
I'm supposed to use the grabber and hang onto a tentacle to avoid getting sucked into his mouth.

Why the hell I couldn't figure that out on my own is beyond me.
Old 08-08-11, 04:09 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Fruit Ninja Kinect is awesome. Loving it.
Old 08-08-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not at that part yet. This is all underwater.
Oops, sorry about that. I saw "water boss", and the part that I was referring to is the boss that you defeat to earn the achievement for finishing the ocean world, so I assumed that was what you were talking about.

Hope I didn't spoil anything for ya.
Old 08-08-11, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You totally did. Jerkwad.
Old 08-08-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't worry. Just skimmed it and realized it wasn't the part I was at. I was just had such a hard time, trying it from all different angles, that I had just assumed it was the boss for that level. Kind of like with that poor kid who kept drowning during the demo of LIMBO, you get an idea in your head, sometimes it's hard to realize you just need to tackle it from another approach.

BTW : Did you have a hard time with the rapid currents area? There may have been some sort of a trick there that I missed. I kept crashing into red guys and blowing up over and over again, before by the grace of God and with the help of a great degree of familiarity with that portion of the world map, I finally found my way to the next check point.
Old 08-08-11, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
You totally did. Jerkwad.
Heh...it's cute the way you think I care at all about your feelings.

Glad to hear I didn't ruin anything for YOU, Decker!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.