Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 06-28-11, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Geez, that sale on the RHCP album is horrendous. Would it have killed them to go 50%? Is the Dante's Inferno pack worth the extra 200? I have the game sitting here and did plan to play it in the next couple of months or so.
Old 06-28-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Geez, that sale on the RHCP album is horrendous. Would it have killed them to go 50%? Is the Dante's Inferno pack worth the extra 200? I have the game sitting here and did plan to play it in the next couple of months or so.
It was half off last summer. See what you get for not buying it then.
Old 06-28-11, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by orangecrush
It was half off last summer. See what you get for not buying it then.
Haha, I guess so . I am still waiting for a Billy Joel or Bon Jovi RB sale though. It is hard to stomach current prices even when I know it is a lot of music.
Old 06-28-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts

Joystiq has a review of Half Minute Hero : Super Mega Neo Climax up. It sounds really fun. I can't believe nobody's mentioned this upcoming game on this thread yet.

Old 06-28-11, 03:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Joystiq has a review of Half Minute Hero : Super Mega Neo Climax up. It sounds really fun.
Thank you for introducing us all to this great game!
Old 06-29-11, 10:43 AM

Huge XBLA game day today.

Galaga Legions DX -800 points Trial

Half Minute Hero : Super Mega Neo Climax - 800 points Trial

BackBreaker Vengeance - 1200 points Trial

Marvel Pinball : Captain America Table - 240 points Trial
Old 06-29-11, 11:02 AM

Can't wait to have a half-minute super mega neo climax tonight.

I may also download that RPG game that came out.
Old 06-29-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the Cap pinball table is totally rockin! Great addition!
Old 06-29-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
And the Cap pinball table is totally rockin! Great addition!
One of the best of the Marvel Tables (so far) imo.
Old 06-29-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still partial to Spider-Man, but Cap is really really well done. The gunshot sounds effects kick balls!
Old 06-29-11, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm still bummed that after the failed vote for Marvel Pinball going on sale we still haven't seen it happen. I did add Cap to the queue, though, so at least I have that to diddle.
Old 06-29-11, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still partial to Spider-Man, but Cap is really really well done. The gunshot sounds effects kick balls!
I went back to play Spidey after some Captain, and I just couldn't get into it - it felt so gaudy compared to Captain America for some reason.
Old 06-29-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I went back to play Spidey after some Captain, and I just couldn't get into it - it felt so gaudy compared to Captain America for some reason.
It's probably just that completely unapproachable high score sitting at the top of your leaderboard rankings.
Old 06-29-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's probably just that completely unapproachable high score sitting at the top of your leaderboard rankings.
Yeah, the #1 overall guy is totally unapproachable. But on the friends leaderboard that one is only about 20 minutes worth of effort.

Can't wait until you break 1000 superscore!
Old 06-29-11, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm still bummed that after the failed vote for Marvel Pinball going on sale we still haven't seen it happen. I did add Cap to the queue, though, so at least I have that to diddle.
Not to be a dick, but if you can't muster 800 points worth of value out of the four tables provided by Marvel Pinball, you're not really trying or you're too poor to be a gamer. I certainly respect having the patience to wait for a sale (especially at this point considering the recent PSN Zen Pinball promotion), but this product is SO worth the full asking price.
Old 06-29-11, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Being frugal != being poor.

I'm not hurting for things to play (when I even care to play anymore, notice that lately?), so I'm in no hurry to buy something we all know is going on sale. Like I said before, I'll be getting Hard Corps: Uprising this week and Stacked when it goes on sale.
Old 06-29-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And don't you yourself say that PFX2 > Zen Pinball? Why in the world would I want to switch to PSN for that? Not to mention the people I compete against are XBLA assholes like me.
Old 06-29-11, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
And don't you yourself say that PFX2 > Zen Pinball? Why in the world would I want to switch to PSN for that? Not to mention the people I compete against are XBLA assholes like me.
No, I'm totally with you on FX2 >> Zen. I just was saying that since there was recently a Zen Pinball + Marvel Pinball promo on PSN, that it's reasonable to expect a Marvel sale soon. But, of all the downloadable games I've went at bought at full price instead of waiting for a sale this generation (and there have been LOTS), Zen's Pinball titles have been the ones I regret buying at full price the least. (I think that makes sense the way I just wrote it -- I hope that's clearer)
Old 06-29-11, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It is, and it's always why I've been buying the new single tables as they come out (Mars, F4, Cap) because those will likely not go on sale like a bigger pack would and they whet my appetite. I also picked up R&B because of recommendations here for another single. If Marvel, PFX2 core, or PFX classic collections ever drop, I'm on them in a heartbeat. I just don't need them yet.

Also each new Marvel table and Marvel movie that comes out without a sale on the pack that was up for a vote at one point just makes me sadder and sadder.
Old 06-29-11, 06:28 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Half-Minute Hero is a really cool little game. It's nice to see a developer think outside of the proverbial box when it comes to role-playing games. I had a lot of fun with it (especially the multiplayer!) Will definitely be going back to it, to get my ass handed to me on Hero 3 mode.

Going to give Backbreaker a shot too. It seems like fun, even if it's not full football.

Galaga looks insanely difficult, so I might just check out the trial.
Old 06-29-11, 11:03 PM

I know I'll be in the minority of this one, but.... I didn't really get the demo of Half Minute Hero. Didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing. Kept dying the moment I entered the Evil Lord's castle. Was I supposed to grind, level up and then defeat him in a half-minute? I was pretty confused and didn't really enjoy my brief time with the demo. I didn't delete it; it has been too well recieved for me to quit on it yet, but honestly, it didn't grab me at all yet.
Old 06-29-11, 11:41 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a little late, but another thumbs up for Trenched....It is a bit short...but a blast....I am going back to hit the levels I missed gold on the first run ....only need one more.
Old 06-29-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
I know I'll be in the minority of this one, but.... I didn't really get the demo of Half Minute Hero. Didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing. Kept dying the moment I entered the Evil Lord's castle. Was I supposed to grind, level up and then defeat him in a half-minute? I was pretty confused and didn't really enjoy my brief time with the demo. I didn't delete it; it has been too well recieved for me to quit on it yet, but honestly, it didn't grab me at all yet.
This was totally my reaction.
Old 06-30-11, 12:18 AM

Yes, you have to defeat the Evil Lord in 30 seconds...and to do so you'll need to grind up levels, buy equipment, etc (standard RPG fare). In order to buy yourself enough time, you'll need to use the time goddess to reset the clock. The game will tell you when you're high enough level to take on the boss with a big YOU > EVIL indicator on the screen.
Old 06-30-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve to Half Minute Hero, and the game doesn't explain it all that well. I think Groucho did a good job covering the basics. It's a pretty good port, though I'm not a fan of the "remixed" graphics. I quickly switched back to the 16-bit visuals, which I think are a better fit for the game's genre and style.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.