Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 03-31-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Ahhh, alright..that actually makes more sense. Hopefully I remember tomorrow to check things before I head into work. That way if I need more than 800 points (what's left on my account currently) I can swing by somewhere and grab a card.
Sorry for any confusion. BTW : You can buy any Markteplace items via PC on their website after signing in.
Old 03-31-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Sorry for any confusion. BTW : You can buy any Markteplace items via PC on their website after signing in.
Unless that site is bloody blocked by my place of employment
Old 03-31-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You could always post your log-in information and I'm sure someone here would be happy to help you with it.
Old 03-31-11, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One day I aspire to be that much of an asshole boss. My employees are so spoiled that when I put admin accounts on the computers (after they installed so much malware and viruses that I had to wipe some of the HDDs and spend hundreds on IT services), they all complained and whined.
I need to clamp down like that -- get those bums working again.
Old 04-01-11, 07:29 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

April 1st deal are up. (also 5% back is available in April from Live Rewards)

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money 400
Deadliest Warrior 200
Fable 3 Understone Quest Pack 200
Comic Jumper 400
X-MEN 200

Marketplace Link

Last edited by Mok; 04-01-11 at 09:06 AM. Reason: removed Zeit˛
Old 04-01-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mok View Post
April 1st deal are up.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money 400
Deadliest Warrior 200
Fable 3 Understone Quest Pack 200
Comic Jumper 400
X-MEN 200
Zeit˛ 400
Marketplace Link
Not falling for that!
Old 04-01-11, 08:26 AM

Grabbed X-Men this morning. There is no way I'm not buying that at $2.50. Heck, that's less than a game room game
Old 04-01-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ziet isn't part of the deal; it was already on sale.
Old 04-01-11, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is the Fable 3 DLC worthwhile? I recently got the game and have been enjoying it so far. Haven't looked into the DLC at all yet.
Old 04-01-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Definitely buying X-Men as well.
Old 04-01-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
Is the Fable 3 DLC worthwhile? I recently got the game and have been enjoying it so far. Haven't looked into the DLC at all yet.
Check the review on IGN. The reviewer reported that he finished this DLC in 22 minutes. Even at this price, it sounds like a pass to me.

Metacritic 50

IGN review

Last edited by Decker; 04-01-11 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-01-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
Not falling for that!
It's not an April Fools joke if that's what you're thinking.

I added Xmen to my download queue this morning.
Old 04-01-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Check the review on IGN. The reviewer reported that he finished this DLC in 22 minutes. Even at this price, it sounds like a pass to me.

Metacritic 50

IGN review
Thanks.

That is pretty disappointing. I doubt I will even bite at 200 points.
Old 04-01-11, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mok View Post
You know, while a community rating system seems like a good idea for XBLA games, in reality just about every game they sell is rated at three and some fraction of a fourth star.
Old 04-01-11, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Grabbed X-Men this morning. There is no way I'm not buying that at $2.50. Heck, that's less than a game room game
Heh, and after tonight, I have ten of the achievements. And the two left? Easily obtainable through single player. No jumping in the 4th stage (I jump around a lot when I play so, I just have to force myself) and beating the game with all six characters (I already got Dazzler and Nightcrawler). I was amazed I got everything else so quickly even the beat the game in 25 minutes achievement. Still totally worth my $2.50 though.
Old 04-03-11, 04:23 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Rush n' Attack is decent. Though it doesn't push the envelope at all.
Old 04-04-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Burger Time HD is coming "early Summer" and it kinda looks shitty. I just want the original, really.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/30/bu...e-this-summer/
Now this is just cruel : For an April Fool's joke, the developers put out this trailer for an alternate mode:

Old 04-04-11, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Is that a joke? It seems legit to me, but for the date.
Old 04-04-11, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Rush n' Attack is decent. Though it doesn't push the envelope at all.
Definitely a DOTW'er.
Old 04-04-11, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is that a joke? It seems legit to me, but for the date.
I think the joke is the BK King.
Old 04-04-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would so buy it if it ever came out. I loved Burger Time.
Old 04-04-11, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
I think the joke is the BK King.
No shit, Sherlock.
Old 04-04-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No shit, Sherlock.
Well what the fuck.
Old 04-04-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did you read the YouTube description?

That's all I had to go on. It was uploaded the day before AFD so it's certainly possible it's a joke, but it looks legit and the description rings true of an actual BK promotion.

Edit: Of course when I posted, Decker's post was just a URL to the youtube page, not an embedded video. All this happened before you woke up.

Uploaded by monkeypawgames on Mar 31, 2011

MonkeyPaw Games is proud to announce the return of Burger King's famous international mascot The Burger King to videogames. The Burger King will be featured in an expansive Downloadable Content pack for the upcoming retro revamp BurgerTime HD, slated to hit all major consoles and PC in summer 2011. The DLC will be free once gamers make required purchases of BK food items in the Summer of Yum promotion.
Old 04-04-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://home.suddenlink.net/games_cha...rip_id=1159050

Here's the PR. I'd like to say it's a joke, but I can't legitimately tell. The "Lost Numbers" condiment package stuff is weird but really not out of the realm of possibility. We'll lean towards prank for now.

Hokkaido, Japan - MonkeyPaw Games is proud to announce the return of Burger King's famous international mascot The Burger King to videogames. The Burger King will be featured in an expansive Downloadable Content pack for the upcoming retro revamp BurgerTime HD, slated to hit all major consoles and PC in summer 2011. The DLC will be free once gamers make required purchases of BK food items in the Summer of Yum promotion.

As perhaps the most popular advertising character ever realized, the King was initially known as a little creepy, but his friendly demeanor and helpful overtures to hungry masses of burger-lovers in television land has earned a special place in the hearts of many. Now gamers will get the chance to spend some quality time in a 3D rotational world with His Royal Badness doing what he does best – making delicious burgers from quality ingredients and innovating new tastes while avoiding demonic weenies, maniacal pepper shakers, and crazy eggs.

However, the quality ingredients don't just show up at franchisees stores. Key to the game will be important, PETA-approved, educational mini-games like "Meat Reality", where players name a special calf on the farm, raise it, then take it to the "Boo Boo House" where it quickly becomes kobe-quality marbled USDA beef by the loyal ranch hand Herb. Another big episode sure to be a fan-favorite is an episode called "Oblivious Chicken", where The King puts his Sneak King skills to use again, tracking the pampered fowl, then sending them to a better place in mouth-watering BK chicken creations with a precise swipe of the analog stick by players.

"All of us knew from the beginning that having The Burger King involved with BurgerTime HD was an obvious choice. We just didn't know how fantastic the final product would become because of it. The King is one of the most recognizable icons in the culinary world, and fans continue to flock to the character's mystique to this day," said John Greiner, President of MonkeyPaw Games. "It takes a big personality to craft an enormous burger, and The King is the best. Even Peter Pepper would agree that sharing space with him is a huge plus for gamers and burger-lovers everywhere."

Players will be delighted to learn that the game's developers, Frozen Codebase, have also been hard at work making their excellent work in BurgerTime HD even better in the Delicious Edition, adding features like one-hand mode which allows completely one-handed play, allowing gamers to enjoy real mouth-watering BK Burgers while they direct The King to make more. They've also integrated it with the optional KingSensetm mask that will be available with additional BK food purchases. The KingSensetm mask is designed to look like The King and sensors inside it detect a player's face state, making the game easier or harder until there are nothing but smiles while playing. It also can activate auto-slow-mo while the player is distracted, such as while taking a bite of their BK burger, fries, or desserts.

The Delicious Edition can be earned by finding BK condiment packets with the Summer of Yum logo that have specific winning promotional numbering on them and exchanging them all in-store with $1.98 for the download code. The condiment numbers for this promotion are: ketchup packets numbered 8, 16, and 42 – mustard with numbers 15 and 23 – and mayonnaise with number 4. KingSensetm masks can be earned, while supplies last, by collecting 7 King Medallions. Each Whopper Value Meal order with chocolate milk and a Hershey's pie combo will come with a King Medallion. There are no drink or dessert substitutions allowed to earn the Medallion. Players that are lactose intolerant will have to suck it up to party with The KingSensetm mask.

BurgerTime HD will be released in Summer 2011, and the Delicious Edition DLC will be available at a BK near you on the same release date. For more updates, head to www.burgertimehd.com.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.