Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 03-24-11, 12:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I played 2 tournaments tonight and had that problem in one of them. The tourney I won worked fine, and the last 2 guys I eliminated were 2nd and 3rd, but I finished 3rd in another and was listed as 4th.
Old 03-24-11, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Was in a ranked tourney earlier today. Started with eight or nine people, and four or five of them left immediately, before any cards were dealt. This left me and two or three others at the table. I finished second but the results screen showed I finished sixth. Still got my XP but finished out of the money.

Teh multiplayer is teh broke
Old 03-24-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
There's also ... an Ecto-truck prop--which should have been the Ecto-1 but whatever.
They weren't willing to pay for likeness rights, what would make you think they'd be willing to pay General Motors to use the "likeness" of their vehicle?

Atari has the rights to "Ghostbusters" and when it comes to "optional" stuff like that they're obviously cutting every corner they can so they don't have to pay any money to anyone but Sony. Unfortunately this license in particular depends on the iconic stuff like that so regardless of how the game plays (I haven't tried it yet) the whole thing seems cheap and lacking in authenticity.
Old 03-24-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
Was in a ranked tourney earlier today. Started with eight or nine people, and four or five of them left immediately, before any cards were dealt. This left me and two or three others at the table. I finished second but the results screen showed I finished sixth. Still got my XP but finished out of the money.

Teh multiplayer is teh broke
Yeah, that's horseshit. Even worse is that unless it was a freeroll, you totally lost your buy-in. If only you could do private ranked... I suppose you can if you boot everyone else.
Old 03-24-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Yeah, that's horseshit. Even worse is that unless it was a freeroll, you totally lost your buy-in. If only you could do private ranked... I suppose you can if you boot everyone else.
I don't think you can boot when you're hosting a ranked game.
Old 03-24-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been booted several times when joining ranked games. Maybe it was network issues. I don't think I ever hosted one to see if it was an option.

You can see the list of hosts when you search for ranked games so you could, in theory, join your buddy's game. And if your buddy could boot, you could make it private.
Old 03-24-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As an outside observer, Full House Poker sure doesn't sound like a very good game.
Old 03-24-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've hosted, and have not noticed the option to boot.
Old 03-24-11, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
As an outside observer, Full House Poker sure doesn't sound like a very good game.
This. I was pretty excited to pick it up, but now I'm playing the waiting game instead.
Old 03-24-11, 04:29 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Full House Poker, I played 1vs100, I knew 1vs100, 1vs100 was a friend of mine. Full House Poker, you're no 1vs100.
Old 03-24-11, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
It's really not that bad. It has some issues that you wouldn't think would exist at this stage of XBL. These things cheaters do is well-known. At some point you have to shift the benefit of the doubt from the disconnected player to the game session.

No way would a real online poker site allow that. Even if it means your avatar sits there and gets blinded out until you can rejoin your session in progress. Perhaps there's a fundamental issue with XBL in doing that, but I seriously doubt it.

Texas Heat, as we've discussed ad naseum, does have a massive player-matching problem causing more individual games than necessary. I don't know how long they give themselves to put 12,000 people into 400 games, but clearly it isn't enough. Or if they're dividing those 12,000 people into smaller triple/double/single diamond groups and matching up 10s of each of those groups. Whatever, it's broken obviously.

That doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's fun when it works and the unranked mode isn't plagued by this stuff.
Old 03-24-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's fun when it works and the unranked mode isn't plagued by this stuff.
As an inside participant I agree with this 100%.
Old 03-24-11, 04:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

What the game really needs is scheduled tourneys on dedicated servers, similar to what's offered by poker sites all across the internet. Also, I'd rather see big multi-table tourneys (with qualifying rounds, etc) over Texas Heat.
Old 03-24-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, yes, yes. Agreed many times over.

On that note, there are several little GUI tweaks I think they missed out on. The most obvious to me is hand percentages. When the table has gone All-In and the action is dead and the cards are flipped, there's no reason to not have percentages on there. I beat a lot of people and I can't help but thinking they're ahead because they have AJo to my J8s when there are flush or straights staring them in the face. Simple enough to implement.

Another thing would be a simple "hollywooding" action to signal "nice hand" to someone. You do that all the time with text in the online poker chat windows, it would be nice to do it here and your avatar simply pats the felt (heh).

Also, how about bankroll statistics over time? A little graph of either your overall bankroll per day or session and maybe even one you can bring up during TH. Give you an idea if you're losing more when you lose than winning when you win.

All simple stuff that would enhance the game for everyone, IMO. Of course, put that after the network issues. I just wish there was a forum or a twitter account or a facebook page to talk with the developers of this game. The official Xbox.com forums are barely read by those people.
Old 03-24-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to do a scheduled Multi-table tourney and would even host it if it wasn't for being so unscheduled thanks to parental duties.
Old 03-24-11, 05:02 PM

Even worse is that unless it was a freeroll, you totally lost your buy-in.
Forgot to mention that. Yeah, I lost my buy-in. I think it was 1000. There was another ranked tourney I joined, with a buy-in of 500 or 1000 where the network connection was dropped during the initial loading screen and I believe I lost my buy-in on that one, too, even though I never even saw the table.
Old 03-24-11, 05:05 PM

Maybe a dedicated thread like that guy was asking for wasn't such a bad idea after all. . .
Old 03-24-11, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MWB
Maybe a dedicated thread like that guy was asking for wasn't such a bad idea after all. . .
It would be dead if we did that.
Old 03-24-11, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If there was a dedicated thread then would it just be one or two people posting with a bunch of bots?
Old 03-24-11, 05:08 PM

@ both
Old 03-24-11, 06:54 PM

On that note, there are several little GUI tweaks I think they missed out on. The most obvious to me is hand percentages. When the table has gone All-In and the action is dead and the cards are flipped, there's no reason to not have percentages on there. I beat a lot of people and I can't help but thinking they're ahead because they have AJo to my J8s when there are flush or straights staring them in the face. Simple enough to implement.
And the remaining outs to go along with that would be nice, too, if they wouldn't clutter up the screen too much.

All simple stuff that would enhance the game for everyone, IMO. Of course, put that after the network issues. I just wish there was a forum or a twitter account or a facebook page to talk with the developers of this game. The official Xbox.com forums are barely read by those people.
http://www.facebook.com/fullhousepoker

Full House Poker
Thank you for all of your feedback and support because we have been listening to you! We know some of you have been concerned about the multiplayer experience in Full House Poker. Just want to take this moment to say that we are working hard on a solution! Stay tuned.
Yesterday at 2:51pm
Old 03-24-11, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice, thanks for that link!
Old 03-24-11, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If anyone is interested, Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime is free right now for Taiwanese accounts. You know, for your friend who lives in Taiwan and sometimes comes to visit and play on your Xbox. This is similar to when they had Plants vs Zombies free a few months ago. (Incidentally, Swarm was available free yesterday for Austrian accounts for a little while.)
Old 03-24-11, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it worth the hassle? I've heard notsomuch.
Old 03-24-11, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just met this Taiwanese guy that was just born and then he had a gamertag in about 3 minutes and he was on my 360 downloading this Ghostbustamathingy. It was a completely painless experience.

We'll see if that changes when/if I ever play the game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.