Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

And was doing that while you posted this.
Old 03-15-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
And was doing that while you posted this.
There are times when multitasking is just not appropriate. This is one of those times.
Old 03-15-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Price reduction on Halo: Reach? I checked this morning and it was $50. A $10 discount is disappointing.
Yeah, I was looking for $40.

Thought about selling my hard copy for $30 and getting the game OnDemand for $40.
Old 03-15-11, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yay for a sale on A World of Keflings! Glad I held off despite major temptation. I might jump on Raskulls at that price too, even though I was kinda "meh" on the demo.
Old 03-15-11, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Yay for a sale on A World of Keflings! Glad I held off despite major temptation. I might jump on Raskulls at that price too, even though I was kinda "meh" on the demo.
A World of Kefflings is awesome. Much better than the original, even though it's pretty similar. Every change they made was for the better.
Old 03-16-11, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely jumping on that Kefling deal. I loved the first one! Might bite on Raskulls too.
Old 03-16-11, 10:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'm looking forward to trying Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime and Swarm. Islands of Wakfu and Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot also look interesting.

None of the other sales or uploads really interest me much. Full House Poker looks like it could be fun for a bit, but I tend to get bored quickly with online/virtual poker games because there's no risk involved.
Old 03-16-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey Ryan Chapman, also known as the guy who reviewed Full House Poker... did you play the Texas Heat at all? Your review makes it sound like you did, but you mention of the DLC in the spring "(expanded to 23 with the upcoming DLC in Spring 2011)" proves you didn't - because those are part of playing Texas Heat and have to be downloaded right when you try to join a game.

Also - why not join the community here?

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 03-16-11 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-16-11, 04:44 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Hmm, wrong guy, right assumption. I haven't played FHP yet. That was my addition to his review when proofing.

I check the achievements against http://www.xbox360achievements.org and typically add future DLC if they have info on it. I just changed it to "(expanded to 23 with the free DLC)".

Thanks for the note, Jeff!

Originally Posted by Wick
I'm looking forward to trying Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime and Swarm. Islands of Wakfu and Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot also look interesting.
Noted.
Old 03-17-11, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, that sucks. I got to a little over 400 Bing points this morning so I went to the redeem them for a 400 MS point card. Now they cost 500 Bing points. Oh, well. Free is still free, so I can't really complain much.
Old 03-17-11, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Well, that sucks. I got to a little over 400 Bing points this morning so I went to the redeem them for a 400 MS point card. Now they cost 500 Bing points. Oh, well. Free is still free, so I can't really complain much.
Damn. At least they upped the limit to 6,000 recently as I crossed the 3k threshold a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-17-11, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

They raised the limit? That's a fair trade off, I guess.
Old 03-17-11, 08:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Tried the demo for Poker in the Back last night. The single player is abyssal, and you can't try multiplayer modes. Not sure how the "tell" thing is supposed to work. I guess it's automatic, but the play goes by too quick to get a look at somebody unless you're head to head. It's a little weird that you get XP for EVERYTHING.

The "Texas Heat" mode sounds interesting. I guess that starts up on Saturday. I'm considering purchasing so I can give that mode a try. It's too bad they don't have a "free week" or something so we can see how that mode works.
Old 03-17-11, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I have been playing a lot of Plants Vs. Zombies and I am now trying to get through as many flags as possible on endless survival. I think I am up to 20 somthing flags now and it is brutal. The screen gets so chaotic that I have a hard time seeing those jack in the box zombies before they blow up my pool plants. Any of you guys have any tips?
Old 03-17-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I have been playing a lot of Plants Vs. Zombies and I am now trying to get through as many flags as possible on endless survival. I think I am up to 20 somthing flags now and it is brutal. The screen gets so chaotic that I have a hard time seeing those jack in the box zombies before they blow up my pool plants. Any of you guys have any tips?
That's about as far as I have made it before the 20 miner zombies they send at once do me in.
Old 03-17-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
That's about as far as I have made it before the 20 miner zombies they send at once do me in.
I have a couple of gloom shrooms on the back row that can hold their own along with pumpkins on everything. It is those super giants with red-eyes and the exploding guys that seem to be doing me in. I changed up my field after about 20 flags to include 4 cob cannons (getting rid of 2 twin flowers and 2 gloom shrooms). I am not dead yet, but I fear I won't make it to 40 flags w/ the amount of sun I have.
Old 03-17-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
It's too bad they don't have a "free week" or something so we can see how that mode works.
I bought it yesterday and I like it but yeah for a social game like this that's gonna be so dependent on having an active online community, yeah it would have been a good idea to make it free for the first day or week (like they did with the first Texas Hold 'Em) or at least offer it for half-price for the first week.

Anything would have been nice, especially since they're not running any other kind of discount for this lame-ass House Party promotion.
Old 03-18-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ended up getting 53 flags and crushing pinata's record amoung my friends. It got nuts towards the end w/ about 25 of those giant red-eyed dudes per wave.
Old 03-19-11, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I ended up getting 53 flags and crushing pinata's record amoung my friends. It got nuts towards the end w/ about 25 of those giant red-eyed dudes per wave.
Ha! I just gave up once I hit 40. Congrats, though.
Old 03-19-11, 03:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Texas Heat is a fucking joke right now. I've played both sessions so far today and they've both been hit by glitches that have broken the game
Old 03-19-11, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Network issues abound, not just in TH. Makes me miss 1v100 something fierce, though. Too many bots in this to believe there are 13,000 people playing...
Old 03-19-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was on a table with pinata and it was just fine for the first few hands. When they moved players to other tables, that's when everything locked up.
Old 03-19-11, 05:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Played the last session before the break and that one went smoothly for the most part.
Old 03-19-11, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Tried the demo for Poker in the Back last night. The single player is abyssal, and you can't try multiplayer modes. Not sure how the "tell" thing is supposed to work. I guess it's automatic, but the play goes by too quick to get a look at somebody unless you're head to head. It's a little weird that you get XP for EVERYTHING.

The "Texas Heat" mode sounds interesting. I guess that starts up on Saturday. I'm considering purchasing so I can give that mode a try. It's too bad they don't have a "free week" or something so we can see how that mode works.
I'm completely addicted. The Live show stuff is awesome. I've been lucky enough to come in first twice on the 3 diamond table and you get some a really nice XP bonus. I've bought it today and I'm already up to level 12. The XP and reward system really keeps you playing. BTW, I found the single player kind of fun personally and you can also build your XP doing that and the pro takedowns. Its a really solid game, but the online multiplayer is what really kicks ass.

As far as the glitches I was hit with one that froze the game for about 5 minutes, but that was all out of the 6-7 live games I played.
Old 03-20-11, 12:23 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I played a few more times tonight. The first session was against bots all and was fine, the second session had a few people, but mostly bots, and glitched with a few minutes left.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.