Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Portal 2 PS3/PC/360

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portal 2 PS3/360/PC

I searched for 3 different terms and couldn't find a thread on Portal 2. I'm surprised there isn't one yet.

Anyways it appears there is a new character in addition to GlaDos

Part 1: Meet Wheatley

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLxliwIPb_0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLxliwIPb_0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Part 2: Excursion Funnels

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4SIVzrpEC1M"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4SIVzrpEC1M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Part 3: Faith Plates

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OdZEcxyg7Xg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OdZEcxyg7Xg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Part 4: Thermal Discouragement Beam

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9n9pXvCMt18&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9n9pXvCMt18&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Part 5: Pneumatic Diversity Vent

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7odI26GpJY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7odI26GpJY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Part 6: Repulsion Gel

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsIu-jzvFWU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsIu-jzvFWU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Part 7: Propulsion Gel

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZnMWXuX7u7E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZnMWXuX7u7E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

this game looks bad ass

If there is a thread already please show me where it is and merge this or something. Try as I might I couldn't find a dedicated thread for this.

Last edited by glassdragon; 07-02-10 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-02-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Portal 2 PS3/PC/360

Added all 7 videos on the Portal 2 E3 demos showing the new gameplay
Old 07-02-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything about Portal 2 looks and sounds amazing. I'm probably more excited about this game than any other on the horizon.
Old 07-02-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Me also, but apparently from the lack of replies we may be the only 2 on the forum lol
Old 07-02-10, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm definitely on board for this one -- I think the original was spectacular -- but with a date of TBD 2011, there's not much to say at this point.
Old 07-02-10, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah I know it's a bit early to start this, but I've seen threads on games that were just as far out started, and this game deserves one
Old 07-02-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fully on board...loved the first one.
Old 07-02-10, 04:23 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Loved the first and I'm really looking forward to this game. But some of those videos look crazy. I hope it's not too frustrating.
Old 07-02-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Hopefully you can create and share your own levels.
Old 01-18-11, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Press Release below. Remember how those Sony guys were saying that the PS3 would be the console version to own? They were right.

PORTAL 2 PLAYSTATION 3 STEAM FEATURES REVEALED

January 18, 2011 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the Steam features shipping with the PlayStation 3 (PS3) version of Portal 2.

Marking the debut of Steam functioning on any next generation console, the features shipping in the PS3 version of Portal 2 include cross platform play (PC/Mac vs. PS3) for multiplayer games, persistent cloud-based storage of PS3 saved games, and cross platform chat (PC/Mac and PS3).

In addition, those who purchase Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 may unlock a Steam Play (PC & Mac) copy of Portal 2 at no additional cost by linking their PSN and Steam accounts.

"We made a promise to gamers at E3 that Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 would be the best console version of the product," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Working together with Sony we have identified a set of features we believe are very compelling to gamers. We hope to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."

"We designed the Portal 2 PS3 experience to be very straightforward for gamers," said Josh Weier, project lead on Portal 2 at Valve. "PS3 gamers will be able to simply drop the Blu-Ray disc in the PS3, link to their Steam account from inside the game, and all their Steam friends (on PC and Mac) will be visible and accessible for chat and game invites."

These features are made possible thru the use of Steam, Valve's platform for the delivery and management of games and digital content.

Portal 2 is due for release on the PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and Xbox 360 this April.

For more information, please visit www.thinkingwithportals.com
Old 01-18-11, 06:37 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Sounds great for people that use Steam. But I don't game on the PC and don't have a Steam account, so I'm not seeing much benefit.
Old 01-18-11, 10:28 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I still need to play through the first one. I'm behind.

I'm planning to get this for the PS3 though.
Old 01-18-11, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Hope it won't be too short. Yeah, quality over quantity, but it just doesn't seem like something that will be more than 5 hours long - I hope it's at least 8 hours (no including time getting stuck) of solid gameplay.
Old 01-18-11, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

As much as I loved the first one, I'm still having a hard time getting my head around this one being $60 when the first was one quarter of a $60 game. Yes this one will be longer, but still, it seems kinda pricey. If there's a deal I'll get the PS3 version, otherwise you can bet that it'll be $15 in the next Steam Holiday sale and I'm pretty sure I can wait for that.
Old 01-18-11, 11:00 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Makes me sad that MS has such a tight lockdown on the Live service. It would have been awesome to have the 360 version be as capable as the PS3 version with Steam integration, etc.
Old 01-18-11, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone on my Steam friends list is on my 360 friends list so I'm not sure what the appeal of this is aside from a bullet point in a presentation for a console war powerpoint.
Old 01-18-11, 11:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I was going to buy this on Steam, but now I think I'll buy it on PS3, unlock the Steam version, and sell the PS3 copy.
Old 01-18-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I'm not sure what the appeal of this is aside from a bullet point in a presentation for a console war powerpoint.
That what I got out of it. Not much of a value add, IMO. Will your save game work across either version? Highly doubtful, so no going back and forth between versions to advance your game. If you're going to play through a game twice, why not do it on the same platform to clean up on achievements/trophies?

It's just a really odd promotion.
Old 01-18-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's a decent promotion. I've bought games on the 360 and then later, when a steam deal came around, I bought it again. I bought PvZ on the PC and then picked it up on the 360 later. If I only had to buy a game one time and it counted on all consoles/PCs that would be great.
Old 01-18-11, 12:59 PM

You people really don't see the benefit of cloud saving support, automatic patching, a free copy on PC/Mac, and cross platform play? So glad Sony is allowing Valve to have it their way... unlike that other company.

and lol @ bullet point in a console war presentation... what a joke.
Old 01-18-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have many more 360 friends than PS3 friends, so I will probably still get the 360 version. The PS3 version sounds quite a bit more awesome, though.
Old 01-18-11, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by spamurai
You people really don't see the benefit of cloud saving support, automatic patching, a free copy on PC/Mac, and cross platform play?
Cloud saving - It will be a cool global feature next gen, but just for a single game sounds pointless.
Cross platforming MP - cool (although didn't really help Shadowrun), it will definitely help grow the pool of players on PS3 though.
Cross platform chat - kinda cool I guess, I don't know anyone who plays PC games though. It would be silly to have cross platform play w/o chat though, so this is kind of a gimmie.
Free copy of game - Again, who's going to play through the game multiple times on different platforms? I'm sure there are a select few, but probably not a lot.

Automatic patching? - Seriously? How is this a feature?
Old 01-18-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spamurai
You people really don't see the benefit of cloud saving support, automatic patching, a free copy on PC/Mac, and cross platform play? So glad Sony is allowing Valve to have it their way... unlike that other company.

and lol @ bullet point in a console war presentation... what a joke.
THIS person has no need to save in a cloud because I don't have multiple PS3s. Automatic patching? My 360 prompts me when there's a patch, and if I choose to install it, it takes all of 10 seconds. I don't play PC/Mac games, especially games I already own on a console. Cross platform play has been somewhat proven to favor PC players already, so no appeal their either.

I want to play Portal 2, but won't be putting 100 hours into it, and more than likely will only play it single player. Therefore, all that crap announced amounts to nothing more than a bullet point on the back of the PS3 box that means nothing to me.
Old 01-18-11, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Cross platform just makes it sound like i'll get to crush everyone playing on the PS3 using a controller from my PC
Old 01-18-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for this announcement, it's huge IMO, hopefully a sign of things to come on the PS3. If Valve and Sony start incorporating this into more PS3 games, suddenly it's XBOX Live that needs to catch up.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Cloud saving - It will be a cool global feature next gen, but just for a single game sounds pointless.
You're right, it's only one game, but obviously the hope is that we will see this coming to more games in the future. Regardless it's a great feature, something that should have been standard on consoles this gen, especially online services that you pay for.
Cross platforming MP - cool (although didn't really help Shadowrun), it will definitely help grow the pool of players on PS3 though.
Cross platform chat - kinda cool I guess, I don't know anyone who plays PC games though. It would be silly to have cross platform play w/o chat though, so this is kind of a gimmie.
This is a great feature for me, I have friends that have PS3's but don't play on PC, so now I can play cross platform coop with them.
Free copy of game - Again, who's going to play through the game multiple times on different platforms? I'm sure there are a select few, but probably not a lot.
I see this more as a sign of things to come, hopefully. I think you're looking at this through a fairly narrow perspective since you don't play on the PC and consoles. It's content done right, being able to access content regardless of what hardware you decide to log in from. For those who play on the PC and consoles, it is a big deal, just like it would be a big deal for all those people who own a 360 and PS3 if you were able to access the game on both systems regardless of which system you purchased it for.

Also I read this as if you could switch between both seamlessly (start on the PS3, continue on the PC, etc.), that's a pretty big feature IMO.
Automatic patching? - Seriously? How is this a feature?
Patching doesn't just mean fixing bugs you realize? Team Fortress 2 has had tons upon tons of free content patches over it's life span on the PC, it's still getting free content updates to breathe new life into the game. The 360 users have had to pay for those updates or just haven't gotten them at all because of Microsoft's closed system. With a Valve game it's a much bigger feature than you realize.

Last edited by msdmoney; 01-18-11 at 02:55 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.