DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   NBA Live Being Renamed NBA Elite. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/574348-nba-live-being-renamed-nba-elite.html)

dx23 07-13-10 09:51 PM

Re: NBA Live Being Renamed NBA Elite.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sq8TUykvIz0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sq8TUykvIz0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

dx23 07-30-10 10:34 AM

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9...8462824562.jpg

Decker 07-30-10 10:38 AM

Nice. :up:

DVDChris 07-30-10 11:42 AM

There's an NBA team called "Thunder"? Where the heck have I been?

Decker 07-30-10 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by DVDChris (Post 10295330)

Seattle?

DJariya 08-01-10 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by DVDChris (Post 10295330)

Uhhh do you follow the NBA? Seattle re-located to Oklahoma City 3 years ago.

DJariya 08-01-10 08:38 PM

I'm intrigued by this game. Now sure how I feel about the new controls being talked about, but I like that they are trying something different and glad that they switched the announcing team from Marv/Steve Kerr to the ABC team, even though I'm not a huge fan of Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson.

dx23 08-01-10 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 10298782)
I'm intrigued by this game. Now sure how I feel about the new controls being talked about, but I like that they are trying something different and glad that they switched the announcing team from Marv/Steve Kerr to the ABC team, even though I'm not a huge fan of Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson.

I would have preferred they kept Albert and added either Fratello, Doug Collins or an updated version of Steve Kerr's narration, which was outdated the latest game by around 2 years.

Decker 08-01-10 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 10298841)
I would have preferred they kept Albert and added either Fratello, Doug Collins or an updated version of Steve Kerr's narration, which was outdated the latest game by around 2 years.

I think Doug Collins is a little too busy to record voice-over this year.

dx23 08-01-10 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10298908)
I think Doug Collins is a little too busy to record voice-over this year.

I know. He'll be back in 2 years after the Sixers fail again.

Decker 08-02-10 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 10299031)
I know. He'll be back in 2 years after the Sixers fail again.

NBA Prestige 13, then?

JohnnyDaBull 08-02-10 03:07 AM

The cover should of had Rudy Gay on it but whatever....

SoonerDoc 08-02-10 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull (Post 10299255)
The cover should of had Rudy Gay on it but whatever....

I think the cover athlete is PERFECT !!!

http://okcthunderfan.files.wordpress...pg?w=500&h=333

Sonny Corinthos 08-03-10 07:21 AM

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA Announces NBA ELITE 11 to Include Free* Downloadable Version of NBA JAM.

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played”
“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category.”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

cruzness 08-03-10 08:00 AM

Wow I may have to check it out for NBA JAM.

Decker 08-03-10 09:10 AM

The Playstation Blog has the NBA Jam news, but with some different details :

Spoiler:

Hey guys, I’m Yaw (pronounced as “yao” like Yao Ming) and I’m the NBA Community Manager from Electronic Arts Canada. I work alongside the EA SPORTS: NBA ELITE and NBA JAM development teams. We have exciting news to share with all of you today — three modes of NBA JAM will be included with your purchase of NBA ELITE.

This year, our team at EA SPORTS wanted to create the ultimate basketball experience for PS3 owners. If you’ve been following all the news and updates on NBA ELITE, then the first thing that you’ve seen is the game is no longer called NBA LIVE. So why the name change?

Well, we believe that NBA ELITE will revolutionize the way you think, feel and play basketball video games — forever. The dev team is driving never seen before innovation in the form of a number of features that are radically different than what you have seen in previous NBA games. The first change you will see is in the revised control scheme: Hands-On Control. This year you have full control over everything in the game; from offense to defense. Your shooting is based on skill (not on the dice roll of hitting a button and letting the AI determine your success.) Dribbling is one-to-one movement, you can link moves together seamlessly like; euro-steps, dunk adjusts, spins-moves and so much more.

The second major revolutionary innovation you’re going to see is the inclusion of real physics driving the game. We’re leveraging the physics animation technology that drove NHL, FIFA and even Fight Night into the upper echelons of sports video games and applying it in way that works specifically for basketball.

People that we’ve shared the game with to date have told us that they are impressed (even amazed) at how NBA ELITE is the first game to “play and feel like real basketball.” We feel this comes down to all the little things you are able to see in this year’s game, such as unique ball deflections every time you play the game and various player collisions that make NBA basketball as exciting as it is. Look for more details to come on real physics, killer new modes, and more about our revamped in-game presentation centered around ESPN and their lead commentary team of Breen, Van Gundy, and Jackson.

With all the new additions that have gone into NBA ELITE 11 — we really feel that we’re doing everything to blaze a new path for basketball games — and we want you to play the game to see for yourself. To make NBA ELITE the ultimate basketball experience for you, we will be including three modes of NBA JAM for FREE with NBA ELITE 11. That’s right, not only will you be getting NBA ELITE 11 when you buy the game, but you will also have NBA JAM available as well — so for the price of one game, you’re getting two full NBA experiences. Another important note to share with all of you — the ONLY way you will be able to play NBA JAM for the PS3 is to buy NBA ELITE 11.

With NBA JAM on the PS3, the team is bringing you the classic two-on-two experience that you once knew from the original arcade game but this time with updated teams, and of course all in glorious HD. The controls are very easy to pick up and once you start throwing down monster dunks or begin heating up, it’s going to be hard to put down the controller. The game stays true to the original game but at the same time it offers a brand new take on the classic, with updated graphics and new game-play mechanics.

We’re very excited to be able to share the news with all of you, I know talking with a number of people in the community; everyone has wanted to see NBA JAM on the PS3. I can finally let you all know that your wish has become reality. I’m definitely curious to hear your thoughts about all of this. Be sure to comment below and let us all know what you think of the news.

Pencil mid-to-late September into your calendars for the NBA ELITE downloadable demo on PSN. We really believe that once you play the game for yourselves, you will see the revolutionary change that we’ve been talking about. For more information, join us on Facebook at EA SPORTS NBA, or you can follow me on Twitter @blackflash83.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!

So they say that the only way to get NBA Jam (on the PS3 at least; no mention of the 360 in the PS blog) is to buy NBA Elite. They also don't mention that it's a downloadable game. I find their wording a little strange -- "three modes of NBA Jam for free" doesn't necessarily sound like the full Wii game. Later they say "for the price of one game, you’re getting two full NBA experiences", which is almost like saying it's the full NBA Jam game, but not quite. In either case, the likelihood of me getting NBA Elite just went from 3% to 80%. So give them credit for that.

dx23 08-03-10 09:51 AM

Leave it to Sony to put contradicting and shady wording on their press releases. This is the third game or service in the past 30 days that I still don't have clear answers. The other 2 were PSN + and DC Universe Online.

PopcornTreeCt 08-03-10 10:33 AM

I'll wait for more details. Nothing stays exclusive forever.

JohnnyDaBull 09-21-10 08:11 PM

The demo for this game is shit controls and a step backwards for the series, and the grapics remind me of playing live on the N64. Not worth a dime.

Decker 09-21-10 08:44 PM

That's really unfortunate to hear. I want NBA Jam so bad and don't want to have to buy both basketball games. I'll certainly check out the demo before any purchase, that's for sure.

Decker 09-27-10 06:09 PM

Holy Shit! Looks like EA blinked under the pressure of the seemingly-awesome 2K11:

Per Joystiq
NBA Elite 11 delayed, NBA Jam coming as standalone product for 360 and PS3

by Griffin McElroy (6 minutes ago)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...8/nbajam81.jpg
Well, it seems like the details regarding the release of the NBA Jam reboot on the 360 and PS3 have changed yet again. EA Sports just announced that its upcoming basketball title, NBA Elite 11, has been delayed beyond its release next month to an undisclosed launch window. You know, NBA Elite 11 -- that game that would come with a download voucher for NBA Jam, serving as "the ONLY way" players could grab Jam on Microsoft or Sony's home consoles? Seems that line's changed too.

The delay announcement also revealed that "we're going to ship NBA Jam as a standalone product on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in time for the holidays. Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release." We're going to hound EA to find out more about these plans -- will it be a retail release (the use of the word "ship" certainly seems to indicate as much). If so, will it carry a $60 price tag? Will NBA Elite 11 still come with a free copy of Jam, or has that offer been summarily revoked? Is this a test? Are you testing us?

DJariya 09-27-10 06:11 PM

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsint...efore-holidays

NBA Elite has been delayed.

fumanstan 09-27-10 06:14 PM

Wasn't Elite supposed to come out next week? That's going to be tough with NBA2K11 coming out and the game is delayed a month.

So happy to see Jam come out separately though!

Drexl 09-27-10 06:26 PM

I don't see them doing it as a packaged title, unless they're adding extra modes at the last minute. I think it will be $20.

But, we'll see.

King Felix 09-27-10 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 10396854)
Wasn't Elite supposed to come out next week? That's going to be tough with NBA2K11 coming out and the game is delayed a month.

So happy to see Jam come out separately though!

I doubt they going to bother releasing Elite at all because they gotta start from scratch again.

EA is in deep trouble with their part of the NBA license because people are not going to bother buying the next game from them after the Elite mess.