Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute word

Old 02-28-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Originally Posted by foxdvd
fixed
better.
Old 02-28-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Re: Bulletstorm - Even bros find the dialog bad. Bonus thread: Dick as a substitute w

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
better.
Exponentially Dicksponentially better.
Old 02-28-11, 05:13 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Exponentially Dicksponentially better.
I think you just came up with the greatest word ever.....
Old 02-28-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So apparently the VGTalk reviewer also chimed dicked in with a 5-6 hour playtime for this. Dude, if you're active here - come tell us about it.
Old 02-28-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts

Yeah, care to dicksplain yourself?
Old 02-28-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
So apparently the VGTalk reviewer also chimed dicked in with a 5-6 hour playtime for this. Dude, if you're active here - come tell us about it.
I agree. Not to be a dick, but how in the world did you (the VGTalk reviewer) finish the campain in less than 6 hours? I almost feel like I played a different game since it took me around 11 hours and I felt like I buzzed through it pretty quickly on normal.
All these reviewers complaining about the language that finished it in 5 hours....think how much more I was subjected to in twice the amount of play time?
Old 02-28-11, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No, no, be a dick!
So yeah, when all these reviews came out, everyone of them seemed to put Bulletstorm at around 5-6 hours while no real mention of Killzone 3's [dick] length. But now I've finished Killzone, which clocked in at under 5, and Bulletstorm is easily double[dick] that. So what gives?
Old 03-01-11, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I played through on Normal and I'll bet it wasn't any more than 5-6 hours of playtime. I've played a few Echoes and a bit of Anarchy on top of that, but the campaign couldn't have been more than 6 hours at the most for me.
Old 03-01-11, 12:13 AM
gamer for life

I am only on act 5...so I don't know how long the rest of the game is...and I have tried to find every beer/robot/bug...and I would say I have under 4 hours into it at this point...
Old 03-01-11, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
I played through on Normal.
Ok you lying sack of dicks, if you're going to try making shit up at least be realisdick.
Old 03-01-11, 01:19 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Took me about 10 hours to finish the game. And I wasn't wasting time experimenting with killshots or shooting bugs. I can't imagine doing it in 5-6 hours. Maybe if I sprinted past enemies and skipped cutscenes. But not under normal gameplay.
Old 03-01-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I sprinted past no enemies and skipped no cutscenes. I'm not all that great at shooters and even had to redo a number of sections a few times.
Old 03-01-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who really gives a dick whether it's 6 hours or 8 hours or 10 hours? Do you sit there with a stopwatch and log book and track your playtime minute by minute?
Old 03-01-11, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Who really gives a dick whether it's 6 hours or 8 hours or 10 hours? Do you sit there with a stopwatch and log book and track your playtime minute by minute?
People were asking, I was just reporting. So fuck you. (See...that shit's old school!)
Old 03-01-11, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

People were asking, I was just reporting. So fuck you. (See...that shit's old school!)
I wasn't responding to you specifically, dick-neck. It was a response to the general flow of conversation in the thread and all of these ass-dicks fretting over the campaign's length.
Old 03-01-11, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was more just curious as to the dicks that completed this dick in 5 or dick hours, on how they dick that. It's the massive dickrepancy that's confusing to me. Not fretting.
Old 03-01-11, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, in that case, keep on dickin'.
Old 03-01-11, 11:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Is there something in the menus that shows how long you've played? Or at the very least how many dicks your dicked?
Old 03-01-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Is there something in the menus that shows how long you've played? Or at the very least how many dicks your dicked?
Not that I've dicked. It's all ballparked.
Old 03-01-11, 12:10 PM
gamer for life

this thread reminds me of that South Park episode where Mr Garrison wrote about the forest of penises....
Old 03-01-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dick dick dick dick dick dick cock.
Old 03-01-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The creative director from People Can Fly pontificates via Twitter....

It really does bother me when someone talks Bulletstorm's "forced vulgarity". I'm fine with "I don't like it", but "forced"? WTF?
WTF indeed. However could people find the dialogue in Bulletstorm forced? Nevermind 10% of regular words are replaced with "dick".
Old 03-01-11, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The creative director from People Can Fly pontificates via Twitter....

WTF indeed. However could people find the dialogue in Bulletstorm forced? Nevermind 10% of regular words are replaced with "dick".
what's his handle, dicktits?
Old 03-01-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

never mind, found it. The guy just sounds butt hurt, not unlike Warren Spector, because some people find this drivel not as entertaining as he.@adrianchm

Oh - well fuck, this explains everything...
People Can Fly, Sp. z o.o.
Al. Jana Pawła II 61 lok.241
Warszawa 01-031
Poland

Dick jokes are all the rage in Poland these days. I can't wait for the sequel when 'not' jokes become the joke style of the year.
Old 03-01-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

adrianchm

And now he's stating that people can turn off the EXTREME language therefore it's not "forced". Well I guess if he's talking about "forced" in a manner of having to endure it he's correct, you can turn it off. But from a purely creative writing aspect, as I took his original "forced" statement to mean, I would agree that the dialogue/swearing/ETREMENESS is most definitely forced into every corner of this game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.