DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   THe Humble Indie Bundle (name your price) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/573316-humble-indie-bundle-name-your-price.html)

Liver&Onions 05-04-10 02:28 PM

THe Humble Indie Bundle (name your price)

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

World of Goo
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru
Penumbra overture

Name your price, no middle man, Pc/Linux/Mac.

squidget 05-04-10 02:47 PM

Re: THe Humble Indie Bundle (name your price)

beat me to it. Also note the money is being split between the devs and ChildsPlay and EFF

Decker 05-04-10 03:37 PM

That is very awesome. I picked up a bundle, though I've already previously spent $10 on World of Goo (and LOVE it)

Dan 05-04-10 03:55 PM

I like the picture that comes up if you choose $0.00.
I'll put up $10 when I get home. More afterward if I end up enjoying the games... but I currently know nothing about any of them.

gryffinmaster 05-04-10 04:07 PM

Yeah, just an FYI: putting up $10 alone for World of Goo is easily worth your money. Therefore, spending that -- with money going to devs and non-profits -- and getting four other games really is a no-brainer decision. :up:

Decker 05-04-10 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore (Post 10140110)
I like the picture that comes up if you choose $0.00.

Shame on you for even trying that out. -ohbfrank-

;)

Dan 05-04-10 05:24 PM

Well, it convinced me to put something other than that, so their guilt-trip worked on me! :)

RobLutter 12-09-10 02:35 AM

Just got an email with a code to add all the games to Steam! AWESOME!! Sure everyone else got a code too, check your mail!

Canis Firebrand 12-09-10 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by RobLutter (Post 10534807)
Just got an email with a code to add all the games to Steam! AWESOME!! Sure everyone else got a code too, check your mail!

Got that email last night as well. I was surprised and happy that it was available in Steam and they emailed codes.
I downloaded them all except World of Goo. I had that installed already through Games for Windows.

flashburn 12-14-10 12:19 PM

Humble Bundle #2 just went up.

Braid
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

They are talking with Valve now to get Steam codes, and are optimistic.

Dan 12-14-10 01:17 PM

It would be excellent if they managed to get XBLA codes for the titles that are on there (like Braid), but I'll probably buy the set anyway. :)

Decker 12-14-10 03:52 PM

Already have Braid for the 360 and Osmosis for PC and iphone. Still, I wanted Machinarium, so what the hell, I gave them a few bucks. Hope the Steam codes come through again.

Groucho 12-14-10 03:54 PM

Cool, free games are always nice. Plus I live to support indie developers.

flashburn 12-20-10 01:50 PM

#2 is now available on Steam. Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans aren't yet available through Steam, but they will be. Makes sense since neither of them are finished.

flashburn 12-22-10 09:37 AM

Well this was a nice surprise, just got an email from them saying they added Humble Bundle #1 to my account. Very cool.

kms_md 12-22-10 11:41 AM

i just found out about that as well - they have a limited number of steam keys. i think the offer is available to the first ~180k who purchased bundle #2.

Decker 12-22-10 03:11 PM

It's actually the first 150K first come-first severed. They're really going so far above and beyond what anyone expected from the service. I sort of wish I had paid more for the bundle.
-- But then again, I did pay for Bundle 1 last year and they just gave it to me for free, so I guess we're even. ;)

lordwow 12-22-10 04:06 PM

Well now I feel like a real jerk for paying so little. But I already had 3 of the 5 games from the 2 pack... oh well.

Dan 12-22-10 09:25 PM

To entice more customers to jump in, they're now offering to include the first bundle if your donation is higher than the "average" donation, which is currently sitting at $7.53.

The Dude 12-22-10 10:21 PM

Just picked it up; have no idea if I'll ever play any of them (other than Braid, which I played on XBL), but it seems like a good cause.

dugan 12-22-10 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheDude (Post 10557294)
Just picked it up; have no idea if I'll ever play any of them (other than Braid, which I played on XBL), but it seems like a good cause.

I hope you paid enough to get the first one too, because Aquaria, in the first one, is the best game I've ever played.

trailer

Dan 12-23-10 11:13 AM

I played (and finished) Braid last night. Admittedly, I had to use a walkthrough for just a couple parts, but I was stumped (and it was 2am...)
Beautiful game, though. Not sure what game to play next...

Decker 04-12-11 06:17 PM

Fozenbyte has put up their own pay what you want Humble Bundle. It comes with an instant Steam Key, which is nice. I went and bought it not realizing I already owned both Shadowground games. It also includes Trine (which I have for the PSN -- it's a pretty great game), a prototype of a new game called Jack Claw and will include Splot once it's done.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZaM6LHC_uXA&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZaM6LHC_uXA&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>